FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Theres no such thing as a perfect human being
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Nobody said anything about Shinji being perfect.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 pm

I know, i meant that the perfect person dosen't exist in general

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:14 pm

... How is that relevant to the current topic of discussion?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Because they were talking about Shinji's negative side, and i was saying that he isn't perfect, just like other human beings.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:35 pm

Here's a sample of a future chapter I wrote that sort've turned me off writing the fic.
SPOILER: Show
(deleted it)
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 am

I was wondering, what do you guys think of my fics (linked in my signature).

I’m looking for feedback of all kinds, so if you have criticisms, I’d like to hear them so I can improve ^_^
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:I was wondering, what do you guys think of my fics (linked in my signature).

I’m looking for feedback of all kinds, so if you have criticisms, I’d like to hear them so I can improve ^_^

I really enjoyed them I just got around to reviewing the new chapters yet ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 am

Any good fics that take this premise of Rei moving in with Shinji, Asuka and Misato?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:27 pm

There are fics, but I can't name any off the top of my head, much less good ones.

That said, I've been having this brainstorming of the story taking place when the pilots are in their early twenties and Shinji and Asuka get quartered at Rei's instead of Misato's.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:05 pm

^ That could go a few different ways, with the tight quarters at Rei's being a source of much amusement.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm thinking that Rei was moved out of there somewhere in the intervening years once the time to fetch the other pilots drew near.

Rei herself doesn't care either way, but Shinji very much does due to her... dressing habits at home.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm

And I'm guessing Asuka being there makes things a competition between her and Rei for Shinji's affections?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 pm

There's not that much competition, actually. For one, Rei's not the type to do any kind of clingy wannabe girlfriend stuff you see in harem anime.

For another, remember that they're in their early twenties here, which means no hormonal impulsive teenage crap. Shinji didn't change all that much from having seven extra years under his belt, but Asuka noticeably grew out of her overemotional drama queen stage and now just plain doesn't give a damn about anything most of the time because she stopped deluding herself that anyone cares and had too many experience with guys who only cared that she was a pretty face with nice boobs. She ain't gonna be anyone's trophy, no way, no how, even if it means staying single for the rest of her life - not that she wants that to happen, mind you.

That and spending her entire childhood training is one thing, but childhood, teenage years and early adult years too? She's bored and disillusioned as fuck and by the time the Angels finally show up, she privately started doubting if it was even worth it. She never had any ambitions beyond piloting but now that the Angels are here, it also means that the day of the Angels' defeat is also drawing near, which in turn means the days of her being a pilot are numbered. She's got nowhere to go afterwards, nothing to do with herself, and is beginning to wonder what's the point of even living anymore. It's the kind of chronic depression that drives people to alcohol or drugs, but Asuka hasn't quite gotten to that point yet.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm

^ Sounds like one hell of a fic idea, would definitely read.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:58 am

Contrary to popular opinion, I can come up with decent ideas for the canonverse.

I just choose not to because AUs that deviate from canon are more fun.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 pm

^ AUs also let you change things you don't like, or would rather see differently, which I must admit, is fun as hell.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:18 pm

True, but even I have to admit that there comes a point where you start questioning if it was worth it.

For example, draft dialogue for the latest in-the-works chapter of my fic:
Asuka: You really need to get another coat.
Kaworu: Why?
Asuka: Because this one is ugly as hell! I'm surprised it's not moldy too.
Kaworu: It's fine.
Asuka: No, it's not! Seriously, what do you think people think about you if you keep looking like that?!
Kaworu: I don't mind.
Asuka: Well, I do! If you're gonna hang around me, at least do me the favor of actually caring about your fucking appearance!
Kaworu: *rolls eyes* What do you mean, hang around you? You're the one who wanted to come along!
Asuka: That's not the point!
Kaworu: It is when you're the one making a big deal about it! *sigh* If complaining is all you came to do, you should just turn around and go home.
Asuka: You wish. So... what have you and your girlfriend been up to?
Kaworu: Verdammt noch mal, how many times do I have to tell you that she's NOT my girlfriend?! Are you fucking with me?!
Asuka: Yes, but that's not the point.
(beat, followed by Asuka snickering)
Kaworu: ...this isn't funny.
Asuka: Took... heh... took you long enough to figure it out. Who's the idiot here?
Kaworu: Still not funny.
Asuka: It is and it's called schadenfreude. Now come on, spill.

Funny as it is to see Asuka troll Kaworu to the point where HE of all people drops an F-bomb, some people just don't like him being so human.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:20 pm

^ That is hilarious on so many levels. Though, who is his gf supposed to be? Rei or a female Shinji?

I don't have a problem with Kaworu being human, you just have to portray him as either human or a villain.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 am

Rei, but she really is not his girlfriend (or anyone's, for that matter).

And the trick I'm pulling with Kaworu is that although he starts out human, he gradually slides back to something more like his canon personality by the end. Although the story has amusing moments like the above, it is very much not going to end on a happy note.
I realized only years after I started writing it that the memetic phrase "Kaworu died for your sins" has never been quite this literal in a fanfic than what I'm planning for him: charismatic not-quite-human who gathers disciples and inspires them, takes Shinji's suffering onto himself in the sense that all the crap that's usually shoveled onto Shinji by Eva's plot is dumped onto Kaworu instead, dies at the hands of one who doesn't hate him but is simply doing his job, then rises from the dead with wounds that do not heal and transcends the limits of humanity after his resurrection due to being backed by someone quite a few steps above him in the cosmic food chain.

And yet despite all this, he's anything but perfect. No, he's just as flawed as anyone else and he knows it very well. This fate was never his choice and he hates being forced into the role of a messiah, but he rolls with it anyway because there's no alternative.

The problem, however, is that I fucked up the beginning of the story. People read the first 2-3 chapters, then drop it as bland and uninteresting based on first impression because they don't get the instant gratification one would receive from Eva's first episode.

Return to “Fanfiction”