FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:37 am

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:I meant after instrumentality -_-

Check out Bagheera's Ghosts of Evangelion.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:41 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Check out Bagheera's Ghosts of Evangelion.

Read some of it, didn't really like it. I respect the insane amount of effort that probably went into it, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm more abour relationships being used to develop characters, not using character development to develop a relationship.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:The idea of the pilots being in their early twenties appeals to me as well.

Say... due to his background, Shinji never saw much point in exerting effort into school, so while he graduated from high school just fine, he failed to get into university and is consequently drifting from one part-time job to another, without direction, ambitions, or even lasting acquaintances. Which is when Gendo recalls him.

I had actually thought about having Shinji leave Japan to go to the US where he finishes HS and eventually joins the military because that was his only real ticket to a university. This lets me play with the dichotomy of having Shinji with a spine plus conflict with :emogendo: once they're reunited. This also would allow me to call upon RL experience since I'm in the military myself. :D
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:I had actually thought about having Shinji leave Japan to go to the US where he finishes HS and eventually joins the military because that was his only real ticket to a university. This lets me play with the dichotomy of having Shinji with a spine plus conflict with :emogendo: once they're reunited. This also would allow me to call upon RL experience since I'm in the military myself. :D

What branch are you thinking of him joining? I mean, I can’t exactly see Shinji getting through Marine bootcamp... he’d probably leave after his first spin cycle.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:What branch are you thinking of him joining? I mean, I can’t exactly see Shinji getting through Marine bootcamp... he’d probably leave after his first spin cycle.

Either Navy or Air Force, likely as a pilot. And I've met plenty of quiet introverts in the military so it's not like we don't have the full range of personalities serving on active duty, plus serving often helps to bring people out of their shells. Shin-man will be fine. :)
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:02 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:The idea of the pilots being in their early twenties appeals to me as well.

I have written them in there twenties I think it give you much more scope to do more things as your not limited by the school narrative and you can show the reader there homes inner lives even pets and there hobbies yet still have them visit Misato and Pen Pen giving the reader a link the series which they know.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:14 am

The issue with that is that if there's no school, Shinji has no reason to interact with anyone outside work. I mean, why would he?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am

A designated driver.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I have written them in there twenties I think it give you much more scope to do more things as your not limited by the school narrative and you can show the reader there homes inner lives even pets and there hobbies yet still have them visit Misato and Pen Pen giving the reader a link the series which they know.

I like this as well. Having them live in a sort of "dorm" situation along with Misato (separate bedrooms/bathroom with a common living room/kitchen/dining room) creates the opportunity to put the characters together yet give them each their own space. Not really sure about pets, as that's Pen-Pen's territory (ish), but this gets them close together without the "supervising children" aspect. Misato and Rei can bond over their combined penchant for frozen/instant food, Asuka can rant about her preferences (because she's Asuka and nothing will stop her from ranting about any and every thing...) and Shinji is still left to ensure they're all properly cared for. Kaworu, will be Kaworu.

amitakartok wrote:The issue with that is that if there's no school, Shinji has no reason to interact with anyone outside work. I mean, why would he?

I'm sure Misato can come up with plenty of "mandatory fun" and "team building" activities for them to partake in after working hours. Plus, this will simply become more of a "work as school" environment. To be entirely honest, sometimes being in the military is just like being in HS. The only difference is that everyone is older. :P

Plus I can totally see Shinji bumming around NERV HQ in a flight suit with a EVA patch on the shoulder and hash marks for angel kills. :D

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:25 am

A dorm, or a barracks: I mean, if they have to work for a paramilitary organization piloting robots, I can't see them necessarily living on their own (at least until an op-tempo has been established).

I think 'dorm mom' Misato would be precious in the best way.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:06 am

Tips for writing Ritsuko?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Tips for writing Ritsuko?

Well it depends on if you like her or not. She an be written as extremely intelligent and unstable (like that final scene of her in EoE), or you can write her as extremely intelligent and compassionate (like earlier in the series). Regardless of how she's portrayed, technobabble is a must when she's explaining something. That's at least how I did it.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 pm

A story involving Gendo's past would be appreciated. Especially if it explained in detail how he, Yui and Fuyutsuki got involved in the future events, and how he was shaped to the man he is known as now.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

Gryphon117
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gryphon117 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:37 pm

I've seen a few people advertise their stories in this thread, so in the never-ending quest for feedback I'd like to add my voice to their own. I'll first preface that with a greeting to the forums, though, just in case that most people here haven't seen the one in my thread: I'm Gryphon, author of a few fairly decent Eva fics, and I came here a few weeks ago bearing a new story I've been working on. One based on an interesting concept that appeared in another fic, but that was sadly abandoned a decade ago. In any case, if anyone interested around these parts wants to take a look at it, follow the link below:

An Insider's Look, or how the chance to fully understand another might mess up your existence. Especially if your name is Shinji Ikari.
Author of a few decent Eva stories, which can be found here.

Currently working on a new project: An Insider's Look

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:22 am

View Original PostGryphon117 wrote:I've seen a few people advertise their stories in this thread, so in the never-ending quest for feedback I'd like to add my voice to their own. I'll first preface that with a greeting to the forums, though, just in case that most people here haven't seen the one in my thread: I'm Gryphon, author of a few fairly decent Eva fics, and I came here a few weeks ago bearing a new story I've been working on. One based on an interesting concept that appeared in another fic, but that was sadly abandoned a decade ago. In any case, if anyone interested around these parts wants to take a look at it, follow the link below:

An Insider's Look, or how the chance to fully understand another might mess up your existence. Especially if your name is Shinji Ikari.

Will have to give this a look, really enjoyed the previous stories of yours I've read :)

Gryphon117
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gryphon117 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Will have to give this a look, really enjoyed the previous stories of yours I've read :)

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you there. ^_^
Author of a few decent Eva stories, which can be found here.

Currently working on a new project: An Insider's Look

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Does a crossover between Mazinger Z and Evangelion exist, and if not, how could it work?

Ps. Not Super Robot Wars
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Snow wrote:A story involving Gendo's past would be appreciated. Especially if it explained in detail how he, Yui and Fuyutsuki got involved in the future events, and how he was shaped to the man he is known as now.

The first arc of my story, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy covers this pretty well, at least I think so anyway. There's an origin chapter for Gendo (The Man with the Iron Face), and all of the other adults featured in the show. Gendo's chapter does dig into why he is the way he is, at least what my assumption of his upbringing and past was.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Shinji should be the one to kill his father
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:43 pm

You know what? I agree with you on that.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “Fanfiction”