FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:He has one based on Asuka's birthday that's pretty good. The omake is trash, but it's omake so we can ignore it.

Heart catcher, I did like it. There is another one by Kadmon, it's called Paracosm, it was a great LAS AU fic until he had to ruin it with the weirdness. The idea on itself it's not bad, but come on, why does he always have to turn it into something depressive all of a sudden?
I could hide familiar in my pain
serve my sorrows in vain
or I could step right outside
and show you that I'm alive
I'll leave you behind...

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:26 am

^
Also read Love is Constructive, probably the funniest thing he's written.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:43 am

Gultily, my favorite silly (and I mean silly) pseudo-LAS story will always probably be Panty Raider by Garasu. The weird premise is all worth reading it in the end, as
Why should we read a story about panty thief Shinji  SPOILER: Show
Shinji's new *ahem* side-business is all gone towards getting Asuka a present.
D'aww.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Hey Stillborn, I just wanted to let you know that your favorite story was updated and is as craptastic ever.

P.S You're not writing this story are you? Cause holy fuck this is some terrible shit, this is like if Neon Exodus Evangelion and Neo Armageddon Evangelist had a two babies then forced inbreeding upon them and their offspring for generations. :gunmouth:

It's as if someone read every post you've ever made about Shinji and said "Hey, this guy's on to something, this could be my ticket to fanfiction infamy."

Nope I'm not the one writing it. If I was writing a fic I would try to make characters evolve and shed the flaws that frustrate me instead of exploiting them.

But this fic is a testament that I AM on to something which does not please me.

I could play a drinking game and take a shot every time Shinji is humilated with masturbatory scene in that fic...
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:32 am

I'm trying to figure out why this guy hates Shinji so much. This goes way beyond Anno's hate. It's like this guy created this story just for the sole purpose having his author avatar fuck Asuka and humiliate Shinji.

Fuck this shit, I'm posting a good old fashioned Anti OC fanfic, and it's comedy too.

Strangely Darkfic 0 1 2 3

Mike Mars
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mike Mars » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:25 pm

It's like this guy created this story just for the sole purpose having his author avatar fuck Asuka and humiliate Shinji.

Well... To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's exactly why they wrote it.
Last edited by Mike Mars on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My earliest childhood memory was getting mugged by Death.

Years later, I started writing this.

As far as I can tell, there is no correlation between the two.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:02 pm

^
You are correct Good Sir, I am too kind to give him the benefit of a doubt.

He is exactly doing that.

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Also read Love is Constructive, probably the funniest thing he's written.

I'll give it a try but I only read LAS fics, if it has no ships then it's ok. Have you read Anonimity by him, it's really good IMO, it's about Kensuke,having an unrequited crush on Asuka, funny and sad but without going into darkfic territory. Yeah, yeah, I know no one likes to read a story about Kensuke, but it is good. Also Photo Up, again Kensuke as the protagonist, helping Mana spy on Shinji. I like them because no one goes crazy all of a sudden and ends killing everybody, of course they hint at LAS too.
serve my sorrows in vain
I'll leave you behind...

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:22 am

^
Oh, Love is Constructive is a LAS fic, I think all his fics are LAS to some extent to be honest.

In fact Love is Constructive is the one of the funniest LAS fics I've ever read.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:43 am

Yeah that's the big paradox about Adam Kadmon: the guy can make deliriously funny things if he wants to, yet most of the time stick to his huge grimdark-fest stories. Although some of them are so over-the-top in their angst and drama that it becomes funny in itself, , so much that sometimes I wonder if it wasn't actually the intended effect.
In which case the guy is a genius, a very annoying genius.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:04 am

You can't say "annoying" without "anno" so Kadmon fits perfectly :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 pm

^
Are you suggesting that Anno, in his spare time, writes fanfiction that contains themes that he would otherwise be unable to write due to the backlash it would create but has decided that the stories must still be written and uses the pseudonym "Adam Kadmon" to tell those stories?

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:34 pm

You're overthinging it :tongue:
Another jaded man.

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^ In fact Love is Constructive is the one of the funniest LAS fics I've ever read.

Just read it, it was fun. The nonsensical murders are still there but it's played for laughs so it's ok. Kaji's death was the funniest for me. I would say the funniest fics I've read are Shinji just snaps and totally wails on everything by Midnightcereal and Whipped by Fresh C, the latter sadly unfinished.
serve my sorrows in vain
I'll leave you behind...

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:09 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^ In fact Love is Constructive is the one of the funniest LAS fics I've ever read.

Just read it, it was fun. The nonsensical murders are still there but it's played for laughs so it's ok. Kaji's death was the funniest for me. I would say the funniest fics I've read are Shinji just snaps and totally wails on everything by Midnightcereal and Whipped by Fresh C, the latter sadly unfinished.
serve my sorrows in vain
I'll leave you behind...

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 am

^
I personally found Ritsuko's death the funniest :lol: Well not the death itself but the dialogue before Asuka does it.

I've read both of those, I hate Whipped but I love Shinji snaps and totally wails on everything.

If you want funny stuff I recommend the authors Zentrodie and Chuckman. I also recommend Gregg Landsman's Nobody Dies.

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:13 am

^ You hate whipped?!! I find that surprising, I think it's well written and has very witty dialogue. But to each, his own. I read Samsara by Chuckman and I liked it, oh and also Flawless Victoy. There is a one shot by Dartz, Truth or Dare, it seemed to me very in character for the most part, with the exception of one specific moment. Have you read Karina Kineshi?
serve my sorrows in vain
I'll leave you behind...

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 am

^
I don't like some of the philosophic views the author presents in Whipped, they kinda grate my gears.

I liked Truth or Dare and A Beautiful Day For Piggyback Rides is my favorite fic from Karina Kineshi.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:40 am

View Original PostColdwire wrote:^ You hate whipped?!! I find that surprising, I think it's well written and has very witty dialogue. But to each, his own. I read Samsara by Chuckman and I liked it, oh and also Flawless Victoy. There is a one shot by Dartz, Truth or Dare, it seemed to me very in character for the most part, with the exception of one specific moment.

All of those are great IMO. Heck, pretty much anything by Fresh C is great. From Point A and When She Smiles are his best works, but all of it is good.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 am

Has there been any word anywhere from the author of Once More With Feeling? He updated another story back in August, and said a OMWF chapter was a couple months away and that it was 3/4 done. I'm starting to worry now.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

Return to “Fanfiction”