[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The best thing Cameron could do is a theatrical re-release of T2 with the alternate Senator ending and prevent any future movies from being made.

"Alternate Senator ending?" I know of the alternate ending that takes place in a park with Sarah narratting what happened afterwards. Was there another ending?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 am

That's the one I mean. I might be misremembering but I could swear that it was implied that John ended up holding political office rather than leading the resistance in the altered future (which, considering his life to that point, is utterly absurd...)

I haven't actually seen the alt ending in about fifteen years or more so I might be unconsciously mixing in something else.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Honestly, it's a good thing that hardly anyone knows about that backlash on the photo. One of the bigger marketing mistakes of Ghostbusters 2016 was having the cast and director sprinkle in conversations about YouTube comments prior to the film's release. Letting sleeping dogs lie in their perceived cages and starve to death is the far better option here. There was never a need to give mindless internet garbage a platform to begin with, and there's no need to repeat the mistake that lead to that PR debacle in the first place.

I agree with GendosPapa within terms of James Cameron's involvement with this film. Sure, he's producing, but he seems far more excited about working with Tim "The Deadpool Director" Miller than he is about making a Terminator movie. Cameron was singing Tim's praises on the release of the first Deadpool movie, citing the opening title sequence as one of the more groundbreaking things in cinema. I personally think that Tim Miller's involvement with Sonic the Hedgehog will be far more revealing of Tim Miller's creative streak than either Deadpool or Terminator 6. Until I see these three movies lined up in a row, my the jury of my court will still be out on the subject of Tim Miller. (Deadpool was always seemed like more of a Ryan Reynolds thing anyway.)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

I keep mentally mixing up Tim Miller with T. J. Miller.

The movie you mentioned that I'm most looking forward to is the Sonic the Hegehog one. It's either going to be unwatchable or a beautiful nightmare of the surreal. There can be no middle ground, it must be one or the other.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Honestly, it's a good thing that hardly anyone knows about that backlash on the photo. One of the bigger marketing mistakes of Ghostbusters 2016 was having the cast and director sprinkle in conversations about YouTube comments prior to the film's release. Letting sleeping dogs lie in their perceived cages and starve to death is the far better option here.

That actually makes sense...I just hate contending with people like that on every major thing I happen to be a fan of...Except here. So, to you and every other fellow Eva geek, thank you.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:26 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The movie you mentioned that I'm most looking forward to is the Sonic the Hegehog one. It's either going to be unwatchable or a beautiful nightmare of the surreal. There can be no middle ground, it must be one or the other.

Sonic the Hedgehog had better at least be a film adaptation of Sonic Dreams Collection or I rage.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am

I didn’t even know this movie was coming but here’s the trailer for Shaft (2019):

https://youtu.be/ARbzVZDy8qA

Holy *shit* this is funny. If the actual movie is as good as this trailer it must be a masterpiece.
the prophecy is true

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

^ It will be, I have faith in Sam Jackson
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am

https://youtu.be/eSLe4HuKuK0

Frozen 2 teaser.

Holy hell this is incredible. I’ve grown skeptical of the tone in teaser trailers but this looks like an epic fantasy rather than a kiddie musical. Doesn’t reveal any of the story, either.
the prophecy is true

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:https://youtu.be/eSLe4HuKuK0

Frozen 2 teaser.

Holy hell this is incredible. I’ve grown skeptical of the tone in teaser trailers but this looks like an epic fantasy rather than a kiddie musical. Doesn’t reveal any of the story, either.

I really hope this is about Elisa finding out where she comes from as there's a long standing fan theory that Elisa and Anna are in fact step sisters and both have different mothers or possibly that Elisa is adopted. Though I don't quite buy the adoption idea and prefer the step sister idea as it explains the parents treating Elisa the way they do in the first movie which is with fear and neglect since she could be a mistake by the king not being faithful but still has the right to the throne due to her age and unlike most bastard children was brought in to the royal family rather than being ignored. So this movie could be about Elisa finding her true mother who could be the true villain of the original story which is the ice queen.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:50 pm

That sounds like a terrific premise for a sequel and I hope that's the route they chose. I also hope they recognize Elsa's status as an LGBT icon and own it.
the prophecy is true

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 pm

If Disney realizes anything about Elsa’s relationship with the LGBTQ community, it’ll probably be through “coding” (aka, more motifs) recognized only by Americans or Western civilizations in general. They probably won’t give Elsa a girlfriend or even hint that she might be actually homosexual, as China hates that sort of thing and Disney wants this movie to make as much money there as it does in the States.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Unfortunate but true. I'll take what I can get.
the prophecy is true

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:That sounds like a terrific premise for a sequel and I hope that's the route they chose. I also hope they recognize Elsa's status as an LGBT icon and own it.

A lot of people are already saying the red haired girl who has autumn powers in the trailers might be Elisa's girlfriend but I see that as pure speculation but I'm also really hoping like you there gonna go through with this and it won't be subtext it will be maintext as the worst thing they can do at this point would be to go back on there words or do a lazy JK and go well this characters LGBT but we never see this character being LGBT in any form hence it becomes tokenism.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm

They better not Dumbledore her.
the prophecy is true

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:They better not Dumbledore her.

If they do that I see a massive twitter/tumblr back lash along with the rest of the web and it will be all there own making because they've basically hung this issue out like a piece of prime rumb steak on a string for the fans teasing them with it for months saying there interested in the idea so to back out would be such bad form and I want them to go through with it so I can also laugh at all the idiots on youtube going SJW are spoiling Disney with there openly gay princess because there always a great laugh to watch. :devil:
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Girzu81oS8Q

TOLKIEN Official Trailer, opens May 10, 2019: A film about the famed author during his formative years, exploring the life and relationships that inspired him to write his famous novels.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:52 pm

From the director of an overrated movie from 2009 that has a few cute scenes but has major issues, the two worst Spider-Man films & a movie where a father & son are both fucking the same woman at the same time AND from the writer of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, The Thing prequel you forgot was made, and Bird Box (plus Arrival which tbh was rewritten a lot in production) comes YOUR NAME. It’s the story of a Native American girl and a cool Chicago city boy who keep trading bodies and....

Yeah, I think this combo is gonna muck it up.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/your-name- ... 202557792/

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 am

^ Okay, I’m too drunk right now to read that and NOT sob violently in the shower, sooo.... expect an incoming “BETWEEN THIS DESICION AND THE ANIME GODZILLA MOVIES, TOHO SUCKS NOW AND I HATE EVERYTHING” rant in the near future.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:From the director of an overrated movie from 2009 that has a few cute scenes but has major issues, the two worst Spider-Man films & a movie where a father & son are both fucking the same woman at the same time AND from the writer of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, The Thing prequel you forgot was made, and Bird Box (plus Arrival which tbh was rewritten a lot in production) comes YOUR NAME. It’s the story of a Native American girl and a cool Chicago city boy who keep trading bodies and....

Yeah, I think this combo is gonna muck it up.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/your-name- ... 202557792/

Oh god this is gonna be a train wreck....plus I never wanted Your name to be made in to live action to start with the original anime movie is problematic as it is in it themes and in my view its not a clever or smart play on switching genders and the character don't learn anything from each other and it has none of the deeper messages A Silent voice had. So I see any live action version being like some 80's bad gender swap and now I've just read this its gonna be even worse than I could have ever imagined :facepalm:

Return to “Film and Video”