[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:46 am

I have no trailer for this one and I don't know how many of you are playing Monster Hunter World which I have been for a quite a while now and I really enjoy the game today I heard that there making a movie on it and god do the promo shots scream crindge, like it clear that someone did not do there homework and that modern guns have nothing to do with this games nether do military soldiers

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-21-capcoms-monster-hunter-movie-is-finally-looking-like-monster-hunter-in-new-promo-shot

Its also seems there going for the cross worlds boring trope concept and Anderson is behind this and he has not made a decent film since AVP.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:19 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote: he has not made a decent film since AVP.

What?? I am pretty sure that AVP wasn't remotely close to being a good film.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 am

Paul W.S. Anderson hasn't made a good movie since Event Horizon. So 22 years.

He also probably thanks the stars everyday most people often mess his name up with Paul Thomas Anderson. Probably how he keeps getting in the room for gigs.

Producer: "You mean Paul Thomas Anderson, the greatly respected, award-winning director of Boogie Nights, Magnolia & There Will Be Blood wants to take a stab at commercial work & direct our Three Musketeers movie?! Sign him up immediately! We don't need to even meet and talk about this!"
Assistant: "Uh actually that's Paul W.S. Anders-"
Producer: "Contract signed! Can't back out now!"

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 pm

View Original PostAmbiant23 wrote:What?? I am pretty sure that AVP wasn't remotely close to being a good film.

When I said that I was comparing his recent films to that, no AVP isn't fantastic its no master piece but then you watch his resident evil series and once you get to number three your just like what is going on what am I watching? At least with AVP you get what's happening along with Resident evil one and two after that its all downhill in my view.

I personally think he only gets gigs because his wife Milla Jovovich, is this film icon that the studios all remember from Fifth Element and they proberbly go yeah I remember your wife she was hot in that movie in her bandage clothing I wanna see her hot on other movies here's your funds...
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Also, I find it pretty hard to forgive Anderson for killing off the majority of the important video game characters in between the fifth and sixth film simply because the film company didn't want to have Sienna Guillory as Jill for some reason and Li Bingbing had a controversy about the Japanese premiere... I think I have a few details mixed up cause I know some island is involved in Bingbing's case so please chime in anytime.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Silvermoonlight yeah I can see what you mean

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:04 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Also, I find it pretty hard to forgive Anderson for killing off the majority of the important video game characters in between the fifth and sixth film simply because the film company didn't want to have Sienna Guillory as Jill for some reason and Li Bingbing had a controversy about the Japanese premiere... I think I have a few details mixed up cause I know some island is involved in Bingbing's case so please chime in anytime.

That element of it made me sad because (And please correct me if I'm wrong) Alice is basically an OC but she's borderline Mary sue problamtic by the sixth movie she's just to powerful and I kind of hated that she was robbing screen time from the real characters who were in the game who were kind of being used as canon fodder and this made me start to really dislike Anderson, because its on thing to walk in there and make really a bad computer game movie its a whole other to do this but to also stamp on beloved franchise characters and throw them under buses for the sake of your god Mary sue character's story narrative and if her gender had been reversed I'd still feel the same about this as this same god native tanked the Underworlds final movie.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:33 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:That element of it made me sad because (And please correct me if I'm wrong)

At least as far as the whole Li Bingbing situation was that the political relations between Japan and China at that time affected her experience so she opted to not go to the Tokyo premiere of Retribution and because of that, Sony retaliated by not having her in Final Chapter nor recasting the role. As for Guillory, I am not sure but I do think Sony for some reason did not want her anymore and didn't bother to recast. Maybe it was they were still burned by the Eragon situation of her not doing Extinction in place of that one.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:35 pm

More Dune news: http://collider.com/zendaya-dune-reboot/

Zendaya has reportedly been cast to play Chani.

The cast for this movie is looking incredibly exciting so far. Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam, Oscar Isaacs as Leto Atreides, Dave Bautista as the Beast Rabban. Really hoping this is a big meaty role for Bautista and he's not a background character with hardly any lines like Rabban was in Lynch's film.

(I actually like Lynch's Dune but it's not a good adaptation of the book)
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:03 pm

I AM SOOOO HYPED!! I loved Blade Runner 2049 and am fascinated in some of the canceled concepts of Jodorowsky's Dune film.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:38 pm

As an aside, although this is neither film nor video, if any of you have Audible accounts or enjoy audiobooks, there's a fully produced unabridged audiobook of Dune that's very well done and has some excellent voice work.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

The trailer for FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW is pretty damn great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daomo982iok

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Calvin and Hobbes make it happen!

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:24 pm

I had been hoping for a more grounded manhunt film with Hobb's in full "The Fugitive" mode like he was in Fast 5 however accepting that they are going into more outlandish sci-fi territory this looks fun & Elba (my favorite actor) is a instant watch regardless (already looks like he has more to do then he got in his previous villainous role in Star Trek Beyond).

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 am

So this new Terminator..."Terminator 6" or "Terminator: Phoenix' or whatever...Why are people losing their damn minds over a picture...Why not just be happy that Linda Hamilton is back after 27 years??? I swear to god people have a large stick permanently wedged up their ass, or that's how they act at least...

I for one am hyped...Hopefully a trailer drops and it isn't all spoilery...We'll just have to wait and see...
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:03 am

Why?

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
Terminator: Salvation.
Terminator: Genysis.

Sure, James Cameron is tangentially involved in this one but far less so than he was with Alita: Battle Angel - which I've seen & is very good by the way, has some story flaws but is easily the best anime adaptation to date & the big eyes actually work after you get used to them a few scenes in - and for the new Terminator, Cameron basically sat in for a weekend long story session to shoot some ideas back & forth and is getting a big fat paycheck to only speak nicely about the new film. But, people have been burned by this series before. Also, I'm just personally feeling the gimmick of having actors come back to play their most famous characters one last time in a "Legacy Reboot" - the new Star Wars trilogy has basically given the entire cast of the original one last go at a mega paycheck - has almost run its course.

I'll go in optimistically but The Fourth Terminator Reboot In A Row is very Very VERY low on my list of upcoming films to be interested in .

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Why?

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
Terminator: Salvation.
Terminator: Genysis.

I acknowledge they're crap sequels/reboots whatever...But, I'm still holding out hope this one...If it fails, it'll certainly be the last nail in the coffin...But people keep switch hitting on the issue here:

Foaming at the mouth over gender politics (based on ONE image) and then pointing at the past movies as the reason/justification for their "lack of enthusiasm." It's disingenuous and breeds aggression. Point being, its just uncalled for. They claim that whiney snowflakes cry over everything but then have cultivated their own form of outrage culture...It's fucking stupid and hypocritical.

Now, I'm not saying the lack of faith based on this bad movies post T2 isn't invalid (you have a perfectly fine point there), but if you go and look at people's reactions to the image of the three woman (somehow offensive to the group that's supposedly above getting easily triggered) it has little to do with that (very separate) issue...And vids and comments YouTube about it, good fucking grief...

Some of them come across as having major mental health/personal issues that go FAR AND BEYOND any trite problem with a movie...But then they'll claim they are the sane, rational ones...

In one instance proclaiming "Anyone who dislikes this movie is deemed sexist, misogynists, racist, etc." and then have the audacity to turn around say shit like "SoyNet" and "LGBT-1000" and other very idiotic things.

It's another hate campaign trying to kill a movie before it even sees the light of day and really its the sort of thing that does a disservice to both the ida hard fans that just want to enjoy a thing for what it is AND those who have valid concerns/issues with a movie (such as your aforementioned lack of confidence due to the bad Terminator sequels). It kills any good conversation or dialogue that could be had by poisoning the well with hate, aggression, and reaction from the word go.
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Oh no ... you mean there's another sexist Ghostbusters 2016 debacle going on right now in regards to the new Terminator? That there's a whole section of people who are upset the new film is placing women characters front & center?

Ugh. I was not aware that existed and was going on. I ain't getting involved with that argument all over again. Ultimately, if someone is actually upset that the new Terminator will (maybe) predominantly be about a female cast that's a flaw in the individual and not the as-of-yet-unseen film.

My disinterest has solely been because the series really had nowhere to go after T2 & has let me down three times in a row. If they've found a new path that works I'll be very happy as a passionate fan of the first two. I'm cautiously optimistic but until I see something from the film itself - the one photo is obviously a staged marketing photo used for magazine spreads - my interest just hasn't been sparked in it as a film yet.

Oof...

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:01 pm

The best thing Cameron could do is a theatrical re-release of T2 with the alternate Senator ending and prevent any future movies from being made.
the prophecy is true

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Oh no ... you mean there's another sexist Ghostbusters 2016 debacle going on right now in regards to the new Terminator? That there's a whole section of people who are upset the new film is placing women characters front & center?

Yes, over a PUBLICITY PHOTO no less featuring Linda Hamilton and two other women...But these keyboard psychopaths have the audacity to call the people annoyed by this lunacy "triggered."

It's like any comment or attempt at defense against becomes a new reason to be attacked...It's the whole being called a Bot or NPC thing...Pure McCarythyism from these toxic "true fans." :deskbang:
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Return to “Film and Video”