[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, I always loved the Sherlockian angle he took with the story, and the change in profession for Crane from school teacher to police constable. It made the story far more enjoyable, and the movie really benefitted from that change.

Also giving the back story that the leads mother died of witch craft and was put in the iron maiden was a great add in as it helped throw him through a loop and not realize what was positive and negative witch craft also the scene the thaumatrope bird in a cage was brilliant because you don't realize on first watch its foreshadowing. You think its just him pulling an illusion to impress a girl, only to realize the illusion was to fool you the viewer and make you go oh wait when they pulled the reveal.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:53 am

Lion king Live Action.

Okay so like Aladdin this proberbly a scene for scene re-rash but I gotta to say this the closest I've seen CGI come to making animals really look like real animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobQzMKkQ3Y&ab_channel=DisneyUK
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:07 pm

silvermoonlight wrote:Lion king Live Action.

That's a bit of a misnomer... it's just CGI Lion King, live action would require trained animals... something I doubt would be possible in modern film making. And tbh Aslan from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe looked more realistic, and this Lion King is yet another remake we don't need. Next we'll get a Bambi remake where they actually go and murder a fucking deer on screen, to make it edgy and new.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

They should make a live action Bambi where the hunter is the main character and the forest creatures enact a slow, grinding revenge until they finally goad him to carve himself into a blood angel as atonement for his sin.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:They should make a live action Bambi where the hunter is the main character and the forest creatures enact a slow, grinding revenge until they finally goad him to carve himself into a blood angel as atonement for his sin.

When you said that all I could think of was this haunting piece of fanart.
SPOILER: Show

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:They should make a live action Bambi where the hunter is the main character and the forest creatures enact a slow, grinding revenge until they finally goad him to carve himself into a blood angel as atonement for his sin.

Now that sounds like one hell of a good time.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 am

FINALLY Luther Season 5 (s4 was 2015 & only had 2 episodes, can't believe s1 was 2010)...
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYFqia5sCI
Clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ih2KLLnts

Alice lives! :boingy:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm

So, there’s apparently a live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie being made.

Here’s the poster.

I can see that they’re taking inspiration from the Sonic Dreams Collection video game.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:So, there’s apparently a live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie being made.

Here’s the poster.

I can see that they’re taking inspiration from the Sonic Dreams Collection video game.

I want to unsee that poster.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm

That will be either the worst movie of the year or the best movie of the year.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm

There are whole new levels of awful visual aesthetic that have never been explored yet. I truly cannot wait.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog is going to live or die by the popularity and reactions generated by a full teaser trailer.

Detective Pikachu, on the other Nintendo Power Glove, is already all but guaranteed to be a hit because the teaser got WAY more online attention than the one for fucking Toy Story 4. And it was generally well-liked. Plus, it's riding on a wave of Pokemon nostalgia begun in 2016 with PokemonGO and continued with the release of the Let's Go! games, which are essentially modern remakes of the G1 Kanto era games.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 am

Well, the Toy Story 4 trailer was just “hey this is a movie”. I mean what, the toys are in it? Yay?
the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:53 pm

More awesome looking Netflix horror...

Kingdom, a Korean period piece zombie series.
Directed by Kim Seong-hun, the series (Netflix’s second Korean original series) is set in Korea’s medieval Joseon period, and it tells the story of a crown prince who is sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious plague that’s spreading across his country. The truth threatens the kingdom, when he discovers that it is an atrocious epidemic in the form of zombies.

Teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDKLeKiFaU
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-yByZpaaM

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:12 am

The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot (Sam Elliot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkP4bZKCHE8
The title spells out the absurd plot, but the film appears to be playing it completely straight which I love. Elliot looks superb as always. Scenes in the forest & mountains look gorgeous.

Fast Color
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9n853lBNo
Grounded X-men-ish story with a young mother who has been in hiding returning to see her daughter who she discovers has powers like herself. Small town desert setting is nice, lead actress looks captivating.

HBO's O.G. (Jeffery Wright)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZevJr-WQ8
Prison drama. Never seen much of those but Wright is fantastic (as me & Chuckman previously agreed upon in this thread)

The Hummingbird Project  (Jesse Eisenberg, Alexander Skarsgård, Salma Hayek)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_JcTg5mrEY
Financial thriller. I was a big fan of Margin Call, this looks more humorous.

John Wick - Chapter 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94
More of the same which I'm sure everyone is fine with on this series. Visually stylish as hell.
Last edited by movieartman on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Please don't just post a bunch of links. Give us a reason to click. Offer your opinion. SOMETHING.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm

^Thank you.
It’s annoying how some people have been treating the Film & Video Forum as just a venue for posting tons of video links.
The internet exists. We’re all currently on it. If we’re looking for random videos there is YouTube.
This is a place to share opinions.
Share them.

A bunch of links devoid of context - not just a plot summary but a reason WHY I should care - give me zero desire to watch said links. So I won’t.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:18 pm

The reason you should watch the John Wick one is motorcycle katanas.
the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Ok, went back & edited in some details & some of my thoughts.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 pm

I don't even have any excitement left to spare for anything else coming out this year,I spent it all when I first saw the trailer for season 2 of Happy! It's looks like it's gonna be the Crank films on super meth!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzPWPzLxIc
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Return to “Film and Video”