[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 pm

I hadn't even heard of the movie before seeing Covenant. After the trailer, I was all, "Got major 5th Element vibes from that." And my little bro said, "I think it's by the same guy." "OOOOOOOHHHhhhhh."

Looking around, it appears that Valerian was the movie Besson wanted to do all along, but he needed to wait for tech to catch up. I guess 5E was his love letter to the comic in the meantime, even getting the original artist involved with production design. Great to see Besson was able to get it made at last. He can most def count on my sibs and I getting tickets and dragging along anyone we can.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Well... sometimes you don't think you want something until you're told it exists, or is going to exist... which leads me to this...

Top Gun 2 officially confirmed!

I'm already playing Danger Zone in my head.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Top Gun 2? I wonder what airplane is going to be the star of this one (the F-14 was retired in 2006, except in Iran).
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 25, 2017 4:55 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Top Gun 2? I wonder what airplane is going to be the star of this one (the F-14 was retired in 2006, except in Iran).

Probably the Super Hornet.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well... sometimes you don't think you want something until you're told it exists, or is going to exist... which leads me to this...

Of all the bad Ideas in the history of bad ideas. . . :facepalm: :doh:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm

El Squibbonator wrote:Top Gun 2? I wonder what airplane is going to be the star of this one (the F-14 was retired in 2006, except in Iran).

I believe Tom Cruise said the movie would deal with fifth gen fighters (F-22 et all) and drones with the transition from dogfighting to BVR (beyond visual range) combat.

And I never said it was a good idea, but Cruise needs something to pay those scientologists with...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri May 26, 2017 3:19 am

Finally we get the trailer for Wind River.
Really looking forward to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9PDOoLAfg

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I believe Tom Cruise said the movie would deal with fifth gen fighters (F-22 et all) and drones with the transition from dogfighting to BVR (beyond visual range) combat.

Which to be fair seems to be a logical place to take that story at this late date.

Honestly talking War movies, I think aircraft based ones are the least explored after Tanks. Would love for a big budget Korean/Vietnam film about dog fighting.
Stealth (2005), Flyboys (2006) & Red Tails (2012) are the most recent films of that type & all bombed. Which is sad as I thought those 1st 2 were good, haven't seen Red Tails.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri May 26, 2017 5:27 am

movieartman wrote:Honestly talking War movies, I think aircraft based ones are the least explored after Tanks. Would love for a big budget Korean/Vietnam film about dog fighting.
Stealth (2005), Flyboys (2006) & Red Tails (2012) are the most recent films of that type & all bombed. Which is sad as I thought those 1st 2 were good, haven't seen Red Tails.

They are highly unrepresented. Red Tails was a fantastic movie though, buts it's lack of mainstream success, no matter what anyone says, is because it was about black pilots.

Yeah, a dogfighting movie based on the true story of MiG Alley... it's already written, set in the early years of the jet era with MiG-15 vs the F-86 Sabre during Korea. A classic Cold War tale.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri May 26, 2017 5:58 am

Adaptions of these would be awesome.
SPOILER: Show

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 pm

It appears that they're doing a a new version of Murder on the Orient Express. Who is playing Poirot? I don't recognize the actor.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 am

Looks like Kenneth Branagh to me.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 am

SInce the trailer includes a cast list, that's not a difficult conclusion to reach! Look out also for Derek Jacobi, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, and others.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:38 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well... sometimes you don't think you want something until you're told it exists, or is going to exist... which leads me to this...

I'm already playing Danger Zone in my head.

Though I'm not against this I do wonder if this will be a problematic reboot in the sense that they are trying to recapture time in a bottle which is a common problem with some reboots as they forget that they worked because of there place in time but I'll be interested as to how it turns out.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:36 am

Reopened the previous Transformers thread and moved the related string of posts from here to there. (If I were less lazy I would scour this thread for additional things to move -- maybe later.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:26 am

SYFY has ordered a Tremors tv series with Kevin Bacon returning. Interesting to see if the other films will remain in canon as Tremors 2 made it sound like his character fucked over Fred Ward's character in between 1 & 2. Also 5 was recently released and was apparently well received compared to 3 & 4.

In the planned television series, killer Graboid worms that nearly destroyed Perfection, Nevada have returned and the town’s only hope for survival lies with Valentine McKee (Bacon), who successfully beat them once. However, this time, he’ll need to overcome his age, alcoholism and a delusional hero complex in order to save Perfection.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:59 am

The only way this works is if they bring Michael Gross back and he's a successful millionaire land owner.

Honestly though I've only ever seen the second movie/first direct to video sequel and I'd rather leave it at that. I kind of like Val having gone off to live a fulfilling life with Rhonda and by the end of the second one Earl is happy, too. Burt got a divorce but he's alive and has his guns so he's alright.

I was really hoping this would be a reboot, not a continuation.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 pm

First one is a national treasure. Never saw the sequels. I tried one of them and got about 30 minutes in before I quit and just rewatched the original.

Having Kevin Bacon come back is a pleasant surprise & could get me to give the series a shot. I'm guessing it has to be a miniseries or SyFy is really willing to pay more for an actor to do a multi-season show than they are usually willing to pay (or Bacon dies a couple episodes in after getting people interested).

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:06 am

The second one is probably the best DTV movie ever made. It's not a classic or anything but it's a fun movie.
the prophecy is true

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 pm

I like all three of the movies, the television series, and the director video sequel set in Africa ( which I will say has much better CGI than a direct-to-video feature deserves).

But let's be honest here you can't have a Tremors movie without Michael Gross as Burt Gummer. Burt is the character that has been in every movie/incarnation of the franchise since the first movie.

Burts a great character because he does the exact opposite of everything stupid horror movie protagonist do. He's pragmatic with dealing with the monster.

He's also one of the funniest characters in any movie.

" did you know she's cites the fall of the Soviet Union for the death of our marriage? She said I couldn't bear to live in a world where we weren't under the impending threat of nuclear annihilation!"

" what kind of divine being would sanction such Irony"

" I can't imagine living my life with that kind of paranoia!" ( as he puts a chair next to the door to prevent potential break in)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Trailer for Jumanji II/The Reboot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKg5SZ_35I

Hmmm . . . . say what you will about remaking a Robin Williams Classic, this looks like it might be decent.

So the nerd becomes the Jock.

The nice girl becomes the hot chick.

The hot chick becomes the nerd.

And the Jock becomes the. . . Short jock?

Return to “Film and Video”