What are you watching right now?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

What are you watching right now?

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Pretty much the same as the "What anime are you watching right now?" thread in the anime and manga sub-forum except in this thread you post shows you are currently watching that aren't anime.

I just finished re-watching Chappelle's Show, including the "lost" episodes.
At the moment I am currently watching the American version of The Office via instant Netflix. Hilarious show. I'm about to go into the third season.
I really, really liked the ending of the second season finale.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Food Party

If you haven't seen it, look it up. It comes on IFC. It's amazing.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:56 pm

I binged long and hard on Lost. So now I'm really not watching anything actively. Occasionally, I watch Battlestar Galactica/Firefly with some friends, or Gargoyles/Highlander with my girlfriend. I'm looking to start watching something regularly on my own sometime soon. Not sure what that should be, just that Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, Star Trek: Voyager, and The X-Files are under consideration.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:00 pm

As I began writing this reply I realised that I'm not following non-anime TV shows right now. Apart from Lost and Battlestar Galactica I haven't watched American TV shows in a long while - and it's not like there's anything worth watching right now. The hyped Breaking Bad was a miss for me and I haven't even tried other shows. I also remembered that I haven't yet watched the last season of Monty Python's Flying Circus. Apart from that I don't have plans to watch anything. I might give Babylon 5 a try at some point though.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Monty Python
UK Office

I don't watch much TV at all, but I do enjoy some Brit humour.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I've been binging on The Boondocks lately. God knows how many Riley Freemans I've known growing up, not enough Hueys, though.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 pm

True Blood
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

currently, i'm watching life unexpected (what? i'm a girl, leave me alone), cold case (can't believe it's over...). i'm also into primeval, torchwood, and/or whatever is on BBCE tuesday nights (including doctor who, but unfortunately all they seem to show is reruns from the martha days so i never get anything new...).

i was all about house md until the beginning of the year, but now that they decided to give cameron the boot, things have sort of gone blah so i'm not exactly eagerly awaiting the new episodes.

in january i spent five whole weekends lumped on my couch watching lost marathons, just so i could be completely caught up for the last season... and then i forgot to watch it. :doh: meh, guess i'll have to wait until there's a marathon for the last season...

also, waiting on merlin to start again, as well as psych which has only one more month to go until the new season premiere.
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

I'm forever watching Top Gear reruns on Dave. I always catch Doctor Who on Saturdays (looking forward to the finale) and I recently saw the finale of the rather good 'Luther' on the BBC, which ended on a cliffhanger, but sadly due to low-ish ratings probably won't be recommissioned, which is a shame as most of the episodes were fantastic.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 am

Through The Wormhole with Morgan Motherfucking Freeman. Pop-sci funfest.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood with my sister. She's showing it to me as Funimation releases the DVDs, and we just finished the first collection. Can't wait for the next batch to come out.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

View Original Postcarla wrote:also, waiting on merlin to start again

Start up again? I thought this was canceled.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 pm

@FFF4E-- :thumbsup: brotherhood rules. i'm watching that as well, only i didn't add it to my list. but yeah.

@CoL-- pretty sure it's still ongoing. in fact, they were filming for series three back in march/april. unless you know something i don't. (which wouldn't surprise me, as i'm not exactly up with the times when it comes to BBC series).
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm

No, you probably know more about it then I do. I just thought it was canceled because I hadn’t heard anything about it in quite some time, not because I had any real info on its cancellation.

Also, you’ve got nothing to be embarrassed about when it come to life unexpected. I also watch the show from time to time.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 am

Moving onto the original Office series, starring Ricky Gervais.
I'm also checking out "Better Off Ted". I saw the first three episodes of "Ren &amp Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon"... wow.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dark doom » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Re-watching Doctor who the Pandorica open's.
Trying to get a few lead's on what might happen next week.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:30 pm

Just saw The Book of Eli and Kick-Ass. Of the two, I say Kick-Ass was the better movie.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Kick-Ass was a really good film because it defied your expectations. Nothing about it was strictly cliche. There was always something to throw you out of your comfort zone.

I started rewatching Steven Spielberg's Taken. It's just as awesome as I remembered.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:15 am

I've been on a David Lynch kick lately. Most recently I watched Inland Empire... still trying to make some degree of sense out of that one, much more difficult that the other stuff I've seen from him. I'm just getting ready to watch Twin Peaks (somehow avoided it when it was actually on TV), so maybe I'll go back over that one again afterwards.

Brickhaus wrote:True Blood

Is that back again now? Sweet.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dark doom » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm allway's re-watching Top Gear episode's.
Right now I'm watching the Botswana special.
"We are at the very pinicle of cocking around"
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

Return to “Film and Video”