Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:36 am

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:Well by 2019 it been 20 years since Episode 1 cameout, I have a feeling in 2017 that we will see major news on a Episode 7-9. I'm not surprised by this news since I knew it would happen one day.

It also seems pretty reasonable to assume that the franchise is going to outlive George Lucas himself. In fact, I'm willing to predict that after Spielberg, Lucas, et. al. pass on, we'll see more Indiana Jones and Star Wars films, even remakes. The stories and properties are too good to let go.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:31 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:I have a feeling in 2017 that we will see major news on a Episode 7-9.

You know, they're really making the milking of the Star Wars teet more difficult than it has to be. Rather than churning out another crappy trilogy based on Skywalker and the gang, why not have some stand alone movies? It's not like there's a shortage of material or anything - what with the dozens of books, video games, etc.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:33 pm

They could capitalize off of Force Unleashed, KOTOR, Legacy or some of the other EU material.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 am

View Original PostTriLink wrote:Rather than churning out another crappy trilogy based on Skywalker and the gang, why not have some stand alone movies?

Actually, that's what the linked article says. Stories set long after the events of RotJ. I don't think that they want to replace Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill while they're still living.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:30 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:They could capitalize off of Force Unleashed, KOTOR, Legacy or some of the other EU material.
I actually wish a serious KotOR film or miniseries was made

with a decent budget and minimal CG and Jar Jar or Ewok madness, those cutscenes from KotOR and especially KotOR II could be turned into something watchable and even compelling
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:15 pm

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Being the uber Star Wars geek that I am, I decided to pick up 'The Force Unleased II' the other day. And it took me all of a day and a half of sporadic play time to beat it.

I'm seriously conflicted here. On the one hand, Starkiller is a complete badass; quite possibly THE most badass character in the entire Star Wars universe (even more so than Vader), but LucasArts really seems to have squandered his potential on a shitty B-List game.

Don't get me wrong- The Force Unleased 2 has it's moments. The first time you rip apart an AT-ST with the Force is awesome, but then you do it again.

And again.

And Again.

It gets really dull because there's no variety in the gameplay. In that regard, it's a lot like the first one. The ending leaves things wide open for a #3 though, so hopefully they'll take their time on it. Everything just feels like it was rushed to meet the release date.

*I originally posted this in the "What are you currently playing" thread, but I think it'll get more love here.*
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm

I put Forced Unleashed 2 at the top of my gamefly queue. I've heard the reviews about it being too short or whatever, but I had a lot of problems with the first game, which was laughably unbalanced. I'm surprised it doesn't get more talk in the walkthroughs (put every point you get into force lightning and the AE lightning, then just stroll through the entire game spamming that ability).

Still, it was a fun game, partly because it was star wars.

I'm expecting part 2 to be short, and maybe a letdown but I still have to play it.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:48 pm

:yuck: Now, that's one ugly outfit.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 pm

"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Mr. Harry S. Plinkett completes the circle at last re: Episode III, my lovelies

1 of 3

2 of 3

THE END

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:52 pm

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Mr. Harry S. Plinkett completes the circle at last re: Episode III, my lovelies

1 of 3

2 of 3

THE END

Awesome. Awesome! AESOME!!! :headbang:

flapjack
Adam

Postby flapjack » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 am

Oh dear, George Lucas has lost it :O. I've never been a devout fan of Star Wars, but I recently re watched episodes 4-6. 4 and 5 were great, for different reasons.

However, I won't allow SW criticism of any kind because I was at the ripe age of 7 when TPM came out, along with the POD RACING ARCADE GAME. for the next 5 years, when i was in an arcade, I was pod racing. That game had me hooked simply because the controls were amazing to me. All real life cars should be given pod racing controls.

The controls are interesting, too, in that it's very similar to typical giant robo controls. Hats off to the guys that put their effort into that game, they have at least 1 big fan.

Sepulcural Voice
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sepulcural Voice » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:54 pm

I didn't like this one as much as some the others he has done, but overall, it's a good review. That said, I really like how he went into the nuts and bolts of why the character scenes fell flat with the camera work.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Sorry, but comparing Revenge of the Sith to Citizen Kane alone was hilarious! It was like sand-blasting a soup cracker. I loved it!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:22 pm

part 3 of the recent review was the best part, no question, if only because the awfulness of the prequels is over, Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequel for that reason too, ha ha

but srsly, the technical critique and contrasting with Citizen Kane was highly illuminating

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:28 pm

I loved the comparison to Citizen Kane. I'm trying to remember what other bits had me lol'ing, but to no avail atm >.>
Voluntary Illusion.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 am

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

:hitthetable: No wonder why he hasn't started work on the live-action Star Wars TV series he promised us.

Return to “Film and Video”