Sadako vs Kayako (The Ring vs Ju-On) Film 2016

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: Sadako vs Kayako (The Ring vs Ju-On) Film 2016

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Holy shit! The end of the trailer, with the little boy wagging his tongue made me completely lose it. This is supposed to be a comedy, right? I can't wait.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:02 pm

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

A reviewer I mostly agree with the opinions of and regardless strongly enjoy listening to his audio reviews stated while reviewing the new American Rings (which he gave a 5 & half of 10) that this is much better and is basically Freddy vs Jason but a much better film then that also.
Said it's extremely fast paced compared to the other films in both franchises, it's gory, it's fun & even funny at times.
So I'm intrigued.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:51 pm

So yeah, just watched this. It's not a t errible movie, decently entertaining. But i did have a few issues with it.

1. They changed a lot of the mythology behind the ring for no real reason. I mean the number of days it took for the curse to take effect as well as certain details in how it worked got changed. Also they changed sadakos video, the old version of her video looked cooler and had a lot more interesting imagery, in this Sadako is just walking through a door with weird noises in the background.

2. They didnt really change the grudge mythology like they did with the ring but I do feel the grudge ghosts were kind of out of character, in the other films they seem to like to take their time, stalking people before they kill them. But here they don't beat around the bush, here almost everyone who meets them dies pretty quickly which I thought was a little offputting to someone who has watched the other movies where they don't act in such an upfront way.

3. It had the same problem as freddy vs jason in that we didn't actually get a whole lot of the two fighting each other until the end of the fil

4. The plan to get rid of the ghosts was kinda dumb, if you think about it there's four likely outcomes to this and only one is good. Then again, maybe one out of four was the idea with the best odds? Better then nothing.

Other then those issues though I thought it was a fun movie. Not the best in either series, but not terrible either.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Film and Video”