Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 11, 2018 2:14 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Trailer is finally here. Looks decent, like the cast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPI9E-wNK8s
Hybrids confirmed (:|

Just saw this left me with such mixed feelings kind of not liking the hybrid idea but they could pull it off, also not liking that there's just random predator tech being left around since the comics imply the tech does not get in to human hands even in the later periods where Ripley is around (Aliens ect) though you do get rare case's where a human gets there tech but its built for the human to wear. I could be wrong though and this could turn out good and they pull off this whole high bred twist.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am

I trust Shane Black. He's a storyteller with a very unique voice who while good with spectacle is truly at his greatest when it comes to character, dialogue and most importantly tone. His Iron Man film was one of the few legitimately good Marvel films (and while his twist with the Mandarin upset nerds it really doesn't take much to do that nowadays anyways since people just want to be pandered & was the right choice for the movie).

The hardest thing to sell in marketing is a movies true tone & feel. Usually marketing teams are a completely different unit than the production crew - only a few filmmakers like David Fincher are allowed to have a real hand guiding how their films are marketed - and go for the easiest sell which is explosions and broad exposition one liners.

I have strong confidence in the film.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat May 12, 2018 3:57 am

I agree, GP. I've enjoyed every one of Shane Black's flicks and this one looks like it's just going to be straight-up fun. I really feel like this movie could be a breath of fresh air for the franchise, although I'm already guessing the crazier elements of the plot, and injection of humour, is going to be divisive amongst audiences. Just a shame that this one is still four months away from release, though.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 pm

New TV spot reveals the Hybrid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEze-C7y0g

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm

I watched the second trailer for the The Predator, and I was amazed by this new Mega-Predator. It grabbed a regular predator by the neck and smashed the damn thing on a car, completely destroying it. I’m pretty sure the smaller one is at least seven feet tall, and this thing towers over it! That would make it at least ten or even twelve feet in height.
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:57 pm

View Original PostVUX wrote:I watched the second trailer for the The Predator, and I was amazed by this new Mega-Predator. It grabbed a regular predator by the neck and smashed the damn thing on a car, completely destroying it. I’m pretty sure the smaller one is at least seven feet tall, and this thing towers over it! That would make it at least ten or even twelve feet in height.

I have a theory that the bigger ones female, as in the comic books and novel canon implies the genders are in reverse in that females are the bigger ones and look the same as males (They have no sexualization or breasts like in human women) as that's why males hunt basically to show off there trophies to females so they can have sex and make kids and they don't have life long partners like humans they just breed with which ever female accepts the trophies during breeding season.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I agree that the females are significantly larger than the males, but this thing is even more massive than both them and the super predators from Predators. If you look closely, you can see that it’s veins glow bright red, I think that means that it’s the hybrid mentioned in the other trailer, although it’s origin is unknown.
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:41 am

View Original PostVUX wrote:I agree that the females are significantly larger than the males, but this thing is even more massive than both them and the super predators from Predators. If you look closely, you can see that it’s veins glow bright red, I think that means that it’s the hybrid mentioned in the other trailer, although it’s origin is unknown.

It could be that its an off shoot clan that accepts science like genetic engineering and brain over brawn as a form marking this may explain why you'd get females as the hunting rules might be different and it might mean bigger males. The only story line I won't accept though if they say humans made that super predator as it would be a huge break to canon as that level of engineering is not around until you get to the Alien and Aliens movie period and if they were holding or had captured a male or female predator that might make more sense.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:It could be that its an off shoot clan that accepts science like genetic engineering and brain over brawn as a form marking this may explain why you'd get females as the hunting rules might be different and it might mean bigger males. The only story line I won't accept though if they say humans made that super predator as it would be a huge break to canon as that level of engineering is not around until you get to the Alien and Aliens movie period and if they were holding or had captured a male or female predator that might make more sense.

They are completely throwing out AVP from canon with this. Only Pred 1-2 and MAYBE Preds are canon.
I haven't seen Covenant. Was Prometheus & it the beginnings of the Xenomorph? Like was the Deacon the first? If so then it already erased AVP from canon.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:They are completely throwing out AVP from canon with this. Only Pred 1-2 and MAYBE Preds are canon.
I haven't seen Covenant. Was Prometheus & it the beginnings of the Xenomorph? Like was the Deacon the first? If so then it already erased AVP from canon.

I heard Prometheus was meant to show the start of Xeno's but it doesn't really look like one but its got kind of confusing in my view as in Alien Covenant as there implying Walter the android made the Xeno's and not the space jockey's. This is a very common complaint though I now hear with Predator and Alien fans that there is so much breaking of the canon due to reboots that nothing fits any more and its just become a massively discounted jigsaw.

Though as a predator fan I always view Predator 1-2 as canon as the issue with AVP is its based off the novel and comic book Prey which does have a predator marking a human woman the issue with the AVP movie is it should have been a live action remake of that comic/novel as its awesome and set in the aliens time frame but them going for what they did was not a good choice and it caused the film to come of cheesy.

Prey  SPOILER: Show

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 am

Keen. This film looks like it's going to be hectic.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:14 pm

https://youtu.be/50_Ala5BKBo

I was kind hopeful till I saw the recent trailer now I feel like its the transformer bay vibe vs predator and if you've read the original AVP 1990 comic the scene where there all mocking the single female scientist of possible Indian decent regarding naming the predator is really hard to stomach because there's a woman of Indian decent in the comic and she looks almost identical. Whether that is coincidence or accidental its a really bad move on every possible level because it has the vibe of look at me I'm mocking the original comic book along with taking the piss out of a female characters.

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:46 am

The early reviews are all meh to poor - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/p ... od-a163393

One positive thing I saw is 2 reviews praising Olivia Munn which I was rooting for.
Only Olivia Munn really emerges intact – with a refreshingly strong and engaging woman character who’s probably Black’s biggest, and not insignificant, success here.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:56 am

If the best part of this movie is Olivia Munn, that’s pretty faint praise.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:The early reviews are all meh to poor - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/p ... od-a163393

One positive thing I saw is 2 reviews praising Olivia Munn which I was rooting for.

I don't think any of this was helped ether by the whole deal with Shane Black friend Steven Wilder Striegel sexual offence with a 14 year old coming to light, the timing could not have been worse and though these offence happened a long time ago and he served jail time it still over shadows the film really badly. Because it makes Shane look incompetent and like he didn't care to check or like some Harvey minion who made the choice to look the other way.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/predator-director-cast-friend-registered-sex-offender-film-n907406
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Am I bad person for being amused by that guy being cast to appear in a movie called "The Predator"?

I mean, I'm a terrible person for all the other things but I meant specifically for this.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Am I bad person for being amused by that guy being cast to appear in a movie called "The Predator"?

I mean, I'm a terrible person for all the other things but I meant specifically for this.

No the irony wasn't lost on me ether. ^_^

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Saw the film.

Oof. I am on the record I thought this film was going to be something special. It sure was something....
Shane Black really let me down.

Avoid.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Please dear God let them release a Predator movie set in the Old West. I didn't know how much I needed that.

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:There is a comic about that which is Predator vs red indians/wildwest. http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Blood_on_Two-Witch_Mesa

Check out this anthology Predator novel...
SPOILER: Show

I own it but haven't read yet.

The story in it "Buffalo Jump" is a western...
Set in the Old West, it centers on Johnny Anderson, a former outlaw now reformed and working as sheriff in the small town of Coyote Creek. When his old gang returns and attempts to recruit him for their latest heist, it unexpectedly leads to a confrontation with a Yautja that has come to Earth to hunt outlaws.

The story that most caught my eye was "Storm Blood"...
It follows a squad of National Guardsmen attempting to rescue civilians in the path of Hurricane Katrina who come into contact with a ferocious mythological creature — and the Yautja that is hunting it.

The mythological creature is a Rougarou apparently.

And there is another story that brings back Harrigan (glover) from Predator 2.

Return to “Film and Video”