Hecklers are the scum of the first world

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Eh, the Statler and Waldorf/MST3K-type hecklers are all right in my book.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Elect G-Max » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 pm

I've heard one person heckle a trailer. A few years later, I did it myself. Once. During a trailer.

Is heckling the actual movie a thing that people do?
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Sadly no. Quite frankly, the onion is more balanced and informed than the vast majority of mainstream news media in today's America.

The Onion and The Daily Show are the best news sources in the Western world. :devil:

The sad part is that that's only just barely hyperbole -- Jon Stewart and his crew do better research than most of the actual news outlets out there, and if they were doing serious news rather than comedy they would be one of the best news sources in the West.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:I've heard one person heckle a trailer. A few years later, I did it myself. Once. During a trailer.

Is heckling the actual movie a thing that people do?

I've done this once, and even then, there were conditions.

First, my friend and I deliberately went to an early matinee showing (1pm I think it was). Second, the movie had been out a while so the reputation for it had gotten around. Third, we gauged our audience before we began (we watched their behavior and made a couple of jokes ourselves to gauge reactions). Finally, the movie was Matrix Revolutions.

Fortunately, we were well-received with our MST treatment of the movie. I probably won't do this again, especially with how uptight people are nowadays. The conditions were just right for this one time and probably won't ever happen again.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:I've done this once, and even then, there were conditions.

First, my friend and I deliberately went to an early matinee showing (1pm I think it was). Second, the movie had been out a while so the reputation for it had gotten around. Third, we gauged our audience before we began (we watched their behavior and made a couple of jokes ourselves to gauge reactions). Finally, the movie was Matrix Revolutions.

Fortunately, we were well-received with our MST treatment of the movie. I probably won't do this again, especially with how uptight people are nowadays. The conditions were just right for this one time and probably won't ever happen again.

That was very considerate of you! :lol: But you're right; you'd probably get a lot more shit for that today.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Film and Video”