What was the saddest moment in a movie for you?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:So you finally saw this. I'll make a note of it.

I did see it and i loved it. And altought this admittedly off-topic, it's a really freaky thing i noticed while watching it... Pretty much all of the scenes/events/situations in the film (With the exception of the ending... And maybe even that too considering a few users) Were stuff that either happened in my life, or that other HikiCulture members told us happened in their lives, halfway through the movie i mentally pictured the main character as one of the HC members :gasp: Seeing how well some of the stuff fitted... It was incredible. Then again i guess i shouldn't be that surprised considering the premise and themes of the movie.

I think you'll love it. You will likely cry in the ending, and many other parts too actually.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I suppose if that were possible it might just happen.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 am

I'm another one for Forrest Gump. It manipulates me so damn good -- I cry every time.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

When Little Foot´s mother died in the Land BeforeTime, that music is just heart breaking.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:07 pm

oh JustCrazyGuy you've just become a victim of one of EvaGeeks wordfilters - but don't worry, we know which film you're talking about :kawaii:
Voluntary Illusion.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:13 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:oh JustCrazyGuy you've just become a victim of one of EvaGeeks wordfilters

Wordfilters? I´m sorry but I don´t wath that is.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Wordfilters? I´m sorry but I don´t wath that is.

A word filter is something that turns a certain word in to something else.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Wordfilters? I´m sorry but I don´t wath that is.

Yes, there are filters in place for certain words/phrases because, in the forum history, certain uses have overused said words/phrases. Unfortunately, Mr. Little Foot's franchise happens to be one of those phrases. Don't ask me why - it was before my time (no pun intended) - you're probably best off sending a PM to a mod if you want to know more.

Anyway, that's that tangent wrapped up. Carry on with SADDEST MOMENTS IN FILM :boohoo:
Voluntary Illusion.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Artax's death in Neverending Story, re-watching that scene still makes me cry even now.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't know if I'm digging myself into a hole, considering I don't know your guy's opinion on this movie, but I always cry at the Final Battle of The Last Samurai. The fact that the Samurai still keep on fighting, even though they're completely out-gunned, it's both honorable and heart-breaking at the same time.

And when they bring out the gatling guns to finish off the last of the samurai charging....I just can't help but lose it. :crybaby:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Love Not Given Lightly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Love Not Given Lightly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm

I second the Fire Walk With Me scene.

Also Captains Courageous, Bambi, and the only movie that's made me cry the second time, nay, the third and fourth time I've seen it, (in fact I've yet to see it without crying) Whistle Down the Wind.
There are no stupid ideas, only stupid executions.

OnMyUnit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OnMyUnit » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:12 am

I'm a very emotional guy, and I tear up at movies often, but I think the most depressing scene in any movie I've ever seen is the ending of Doctor Zhivago. It's like a punch to the soul. On any other forum, I would have said EoE, but here that'd be a bit cliched.

All in all, the hardest I cried at a movie was at Toy Story 3. I think I don't need to say anymore about that.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 am

After watching The Fly, I´m starting to think the fly´s death is one of the sadest moments in movie history.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am

Some of the voice over from 2046. In particular:

"I once fell in love with someone. After a while she was gone. I couldn't stop wondering if she loved me or not. I went to 2046 hoping to find her there. But I never found her."

"Love is all a matter of timing. It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late. If I'd lived in another time or place, my story might have had a very different ending."

Also, certain scenes in the ending of Just One Look I truly find touching.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 am

Dammit- almost every movie I could think of has been mentioned.
View Original PostObstermaxmaster wrote:The Lion King.
Mufasa.
Broke my heart.
;__;
Definately, along with EVERY OTHER DISNEY MOVIE.
View Original PostTankred wrote:In all seriousness though, I think near the end of the anime film Metropolis is pretty sad.

Yeah, this was one of the first Tezuka-based works I'd seen, and always has a special place in my movie collection.
View Original PostJohn wrote:- The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi- (spoiler tag just in case)
SPOILER: Show
Kyon's Speech about why Nagato did what she did. The music adds quite the bonus in the depressing effect.

Being a new Haruhi fan, I was really surprised with how this film turned out.
View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:I totally did not shed manly tears at the end of Return of the King and Saving Private Ryan. Not a one.

Heh, yeah, thats what I said...
View Original PostBornIn1142 wrote:There are only two movies that have made me cry in my life.

One of them is The Shawshank Redemption. Brooks's letter got me on two separate occasions.

The other is, um, the first Mister Bean movie. I was very young at the time, but the final scene seemed really touching to me for some reason.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt sorry for Brooks, but Mr Bean? He only makes me laugh (but I do remember what scene you mean).
And now, my addition- Braveheart. If you can't watch that final scene at Bannockburn without feeling at least a little emotional, then you sir/m'am, have nerves of steel.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am

Birth of a Nation. All 3 hours of it. Film, as an art form, already reached it's apex after only 20 years of existence. All that followed were shallow attempts at forgery.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Film, as an art form, already reached it's apex [ ] All that followed were shallow attempts at forgery.

but that's Battleship Potemkin

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am

NO.

TWINS EFFECT. :angry!!:
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 am

TOPIC, BITCHES
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Well, this topic is absurd anyway. Being moved by cinema is only a weakness of character. If cinema evokes emotion, it has utterly failed.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Return to “Film and Video”