[TV] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Was she in a crowd shot? Didn't spot her much in Season 3.
She shows up several times in the final episode. To be honest I didn't notice her at all until people pointed her out to me.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 am

Twilo sparkle needs a shark jumping cutie mark now

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/cineplex-listing-equestria-girls.html
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 am

I thought you'd be down with that Def, seeing as they're becoming abominations and all that.

but honestly... no, bad Hasbro.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I thought you'd be down with that Def, seeing as they're becoming abominations and all that.

Not enough tentacles and vagina dentata.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:but honestly... no, bad Hasbro.

They deserve spankin' from the fans.
As for me, HA HA... obviously skipping this. Like I really want to see everything MLP:FIM related... BUT THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR. (By the way, whose decision was it to make these humans look worse than the fan-made material... which is practically more realistic than the official product. With this, I give you my expected reaction to all this: :fuyu_facepalm: ... at least it's non-canon. *squee*

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed May 08, 2013 6:55 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Twilo sparkle needs a shark jumping cutie mark now

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/cineplex-listing-equestria-girls.html

Reminds me of this.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun May 12, 2013 11:43 pm

I wonder what Twilights husband thinks about her jumping over all those sharks?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-internet-finally-reaches-its-apex-as-man-marry,94206/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 am

I liked this show once. But now they've embraced their "cult status" & the writing showed a definite lack in the newest season.

And now THIS spin-off makes me quietly back away with absolute disinterest.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html?ref=media[/url]

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 am

Oh, blah blah blah. I swear, the brony community gets more into a whiny fest more than we do about Shinji in the Rebuild forums. :rolleyes:

And if you think everything in the past caused an uproar, check this out:

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html[/url]

Unlike most fans, I for one am looking forward to this, cause it actually looks pretty good. Until I actually see it though, I'm not going to go ape-shit that MLP "Jumped the shark". So everypony please relax and breath. :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:47 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I liked this show once. But now they've embraced their "cult status" & the writing showed a definite lack in the newest season.

Hey! The 3rd Season may not be like the 2nd sesaon, but I got a kick out of it! ... and I love the last episode.
SPOILER: Show
(should've ended there, Hasbro! It should've been a justified end to the series!)

And now THIS spin-off makes me quietly back away with absolute disinterest.
[url]http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html?ref=media[/url]

I'm not interested ever since they first announced it as a rumor months ago, so immediate PASS.
Unlike most fans, I for one am looking forward to this, cause it actually looks pretty good.

Pretty strong of you to have such grand anticipations on seeing this. ... oh okay:
"That's the Spirit!" - Rocket Power

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm not saying the show got ACTIVELY bad. I'm just saying that during the 2nd Season when Pony Shit started showing up all over the web & I curiously poked my head into the Hyper-Colorful & cute universe I was pleasantly surprised to find a show with great writing & characters that could appeal to people outside the age group. The stories revolved around realistic acting characters (well...as realistic as talking, non-shitting while they walk, colorful ponies could be) in simple, well-told narratives. It was solid universal storytelling. I'd be remiss not to mention that the episode "Sisterhood Social" is one of the best stories about the dynamics of having a younger sister I've seen perhaps ever (I have two sisters of my own & that epsiode touched a nerve) & I've rewatched that episode a few times. I admit.

The third season though just seemed to be the writers giving up on telling pretty universal stories with their creation & instead appeal to only two demographics - young girls who will buy up their merchandise & Bronies/the Fan Base who will buy up their merchandise. The stories stopped being kinda relatable & started being more "Appeal to this Internet Meme" the fans created & "Introduce this for TOYS". Hey, that's the show's perogative & that's cool. Perhaps the overall tonal shift is becauase Hasbro finally realized what they have & want to milk it dry. Okay.

What I'm saying is the universal stuff that could appeal to me - someone who has zero interest in what a StarlightShimmerWhat'sHerFuckingFace is - is gone & I'm more than content with just leaving it as be. In the end though the writing team deserves a round of applause for even quite a feat for even getting people above the age of 10 (who aren't girls by the way) to enjoy a show called... My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The title alone should be vomit inducing.

P.S. The spin-off looks like shit. Ugly, badly animated, awkardly designed, anoerxic, Monster-High cash-grab shit. But kids & fans are gonna eat it up! .... Those genius Hasbro bastards!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:The third season though just seemed to be the writers giving up on telling pretty universal stories with their creation & instead appeal to only two demographics - young girls who will buy up their merchandise & Bronies/the Fan Base who will buy up their merchandise.

Well, when a season is cut in half I guess there's only so much the writing team can cram into the story. So they condensed it down to those two basic demographics.

Season 4 is back to a full-length season (26 episodes as opposed to just 13), so maybe they'll be able to write more episodes with that kind of appeal to them.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Unlike most fans, I for one am looking forward to this, cause it actually looks pretty good.

Well.... :uhh:

Anyway did I hear right that this spinoff is being shown in theaters?

Also it looks like it takes place before Twilight got princessed or in an alternate universe or something because she didnt have wings yet.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue May 14, 2013 6:22 am

Oh relax you guys, it's not like I'm one of those screaming fanboys that eats anything MLP will dole out, I have some feeling that it could be underwhelming.

The point is, I'm not going to be like those insane fans that accuse MLP because of change (and we all know how people nowadays react to change. :shifty: ). I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, watch it, and THEN make my own opinion about it.

It may be bad, it may be good, who knows? But, I'm at least willing to give it a shot. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 am

I'll watch it, but only if booze is involved. Nothing against the movie, I just wanna drink when I watch stuff. That's all.

That being said, it does look awkwardly animated. I don't think it's really something I care to see. I love the show, but there's a lot of other things I'm excited to see in theaters and MLP:FiM isn't one of them. (And this isn't even that show, when you think about it. It's a spin-off.)

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:03 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I'll watch it, but only if booze is involved. Nothing against the movie, I just wanna drink when I watch stuff. That's all.

Booze? Brilliant! While we're at it, we'll give it a "Rifftrax"-style commentary!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm

The trailer looked incredibly stupid, except for the part where Twilight tries to eat the apple. That's my $86.42.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat May 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I just thought I'd take the opportunity to break some of your brains.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I just thought I'd take the opportunity to break some of your brains.

Interesting development...

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu May 30, 2013 1:45 pm

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/tumblrmlzktcrtlj1spw1bz.png/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

One thing bugging me about equestria girls is I still don't get why this is a theatrical presentation, looks like the same budget they use for the tv series from what I have seen. You'd think theyed put more effort into a theatrical presentation of something with this kind of following.

Return to “Film and Video”