The Dark Knight Rises

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 pm

"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 pm

thank you Muggy for that article

while I am not quite as pessimistic about TDKR's reception as that writer seems to be, I certainly understand his concerns about the fanboy RAEG that could exaggerate any flaw or even create flaws out of fanboyish nitpicking about stuff like "IT'S CATWOMAN, not Selina Kyle, DAMMIT!" or "Bane looks all wrong!", along with similar nattering nay-bombs of negativism coming from the Hollywood big wig crowd

regardless, I still hold to the belief that Nolan is perhaps one of very few talents to come along in the last ten years or so who has stayed true to his gift, i.e. visionary character and plot arcs coupled with psychological depth, while not letting the machine stifling or diverting his talent to mere commercial fodder

frankly, compared to the questionable potential of The Avengers of too many moving parts and too much hype (starting with a FOUR-YEAR lead time and not letting it go with what amounts to a handful of tie-in movies? even Lucas knew three years was long enough), TDKR may come across as infinitely refreshing and engrossing even to the troglodytes who thought Transformers 3 was the best movie of 2011

besides, Joss Whedon? come on Joss, make a sequel to Serenity already and don't let the Marvel/Di$ney money break you
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 am

While I do think it's time people realize that Christopher Nolan is not Jesus Christ reincarnated, I have to say the film is going to be pretty kickass.

Back in 2007 no one online (which really is a small nothing in the grand scheme of filmgoers) was really creaming their jeans over The Dark Knight either because Heath "Gay Cowboy" Ledger was "CLEARLY" going to be a terrible Joker.

Anywho, I had a few fun days on set. This film is going to be big & based on what little I got to see I have confidence Nolan will stick the landing & make a solid trilogy. It's bound to be better than Batman Begins.

Now back to my other gig.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I'll grant this, she is quite hot now. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Now back to my other gig.

Selling us out to your simian comrades again? Image

I'm also looking forward to this. Bat mecha is something I've wanted to see since the Bat Submarine Wait, that hasn't happened yet? Why the f*ck not? They both use echo location, it's the most intuitive "Bat" thing ever!

Plus, it looks like Bane will have something intelligible to say, and that Robin Williams may have finally found a non-comedic role he can pull off.

Catwoman though... that might be a weak point for me. I understand Anne Hathaway's worked hard on this, but she still seems shadowed by her Disney persona in the trailers.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Back in 2007 no one online (which really is a small nothing in the grand scheme of filmgoers) was really creaming their jeans over The Dark Knight either because Heath "Gay Cowboy" Ledger was "CLEARLY" going to be a terrible Joker.
I do remember people going WTF when Ledger was chosen, and then the media hype machine kicked in when Ledger kicked the bucket around January 2008

I have to say I was not fazed by the choice of Ledger in 2007, though I admit I was not in pants-jizzing mode (and no, I am not making a Brokeback joke there), I knew the guy was not a bad actor or some hack and could be humorous yet roguish, but I was ultimately unprepared for how freakishly stunning he, or TDK, would be

like I have posted before, I knew the Batman franchise was in good hands with this new Nolan guy after Batman Begins, but TDK ended up being so mind-numbingly great when I just thought it would only be pretty fun and somewhat, dare I say, inspired
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 am

I didn't know Heath was in TDK until I saw the trailers. (I wasn't following the film's making at the time, being all busy with film school stuff.) I couldn't even recognize him as the Brokeback Mountain guy until I saw his name. We made some jokes based off of the line "HIT ME!!!", but never really doubted that he would pull of the character.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm

I just heard that if you go see the new mission impossible in I max 3d you will get to see a 6 minute prologue for the dark knight rises
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Is there a link proving that? Because I'd totally spend $15-$20 on a MI:4 to see it. (That, and MI:4 is Brad Bird's first live-action film.)

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:46 am

I did not read that online I heard about it while I was watching attack of the show they talked about it on their show. if I looked I could probley find a web site that would back up the show's claims (but I will do that tomorrow I am doing this post on my phone)

Edit: found a article
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-is-attached-to-mission-impossible-4/

edit 2: some plot details for the movie have been announced. Dark knight rises takes place 8 years after the dark knight
http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-plot-details-bane-cover-photo-kofi-140578/
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:02 am

So, I'm having a hard time about this poster:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/pictures/20/

I guess you could read the 'subtitle' (bigger than the actual title) as the end of Batman's 'dark legend' by public debut?

Be interesting to see how much of the Breaking of the Bat storyline they try to cram into this.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Just watched the prologue. Some of the dialogue struck me as being kind of forced in that particular Nolan sort of way, and that CIA guy is way too zealous about his job, but other than that, I am absolutely fucking pumped for this movie and cannot wait for it to be July goddammit Nolan why are you so fucking good at what you do

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Some of the dialogue struck me as absolutely goddamn unintelligible. Conversation between Batman and Bane in this movie is going to be like those things on playgrounds where your younger self would shout "HELLO" into one horn and some older asshole kid on the other end of the playground shouted something back which could have been "SHUT UP FAGGOT" but mostly just sounded like "SHUHHHHHAUUUUUFFFFFOTTTTTTT"
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:37 pm

New teaser up (already!) on JoBlo
http://www.joblo.com/video/

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:44 pm

The legends ends? The conclusion? So they decide to let go of the franchise and don't plan to leave room for any more sequel?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:49 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The legends ends? The conclusion? So they decide to let go of the franchise and don't plan to leave room for any more sequel?

Well both nolan and Bale both said they both would be done with batman after the third movie so it makes sense to end this batman series here.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:19 am

Not necessarily. I understand Clooney and Schumacker are both on-board for a sequel...

I was really hoping the Batman trilogy would start with The Dark Knight, though. Oh well :(

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Christopher Nolan is ending his run with Batman. He's been very open with this from the beginning.

BUT in this day of reboots & remakes nothing will stop Warner Brothers from putting a New Batman franchise in production after The Dark Knight Rises breaks opening weekend box office records. I predict by 2015 we'll have ANOTHER version of Batman hitting the big screen.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:23 pm

As sad as it would be, I really hope Nolan kills off Batman/Bruce Wayne. It'd make it a lot harder for the studios to logically bring him back without making an entirely new series unrelated to Nolan's.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:50 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I predict by 2015 we'll have ANOTHER version of Batman hitting the big screen.
There might be hope for Aronofsky's chance, yet!

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:43 am

The Dark Knight Returns with Clint Eastwood as Batman.

Return to “Film and Video”