People who make films: post them here

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Xard's indecision and embarassment is so moe its making me-- HNNNNGH
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Glad I'm not the only one.

Post the movie, paper pedophile.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Hmm...

My animation (my favorite thing I've done)

My light journal

There's another video on my channel... it was done in about a total of 3 hours and is not very good, though some people found it amusing.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 pm

^ That was really well done. And full of meaning. I liked the France Gall ending.

Android Red looked great, so did that school thing.

Good-looking shots set to Zizek undermining capitalism is a-okay.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:My animation (my favorite thing I've done)

Verdict: Awesome
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:31 am

Thank you for the compliments.

Ran: Damn, if I lived in NYC I'd probably never not be shooting video. Neat footage.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^THIS!

View Original Postran1 wrote:Xard's indecision and embarassment is so moe its making me-- HNNNNGH

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Glad I'm not the only one.

Post the movie, paper pedophile.

DOOO EEET. We already have 4 people begging for it.

@Bomby: Loved your animation back when you showed it for the first time and I still love it.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Live Action Anime.

did you use one of the face off racing songs from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:51 am

View Original PostEvaCub wrote:[In response to Live Action Anime]
did you use one of the face off racing songs from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?

Yes. I was lazy and didn't want to write any music like I did for Sweet Sixteen. :tongue:

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:[In response to Sweet Sixteen]
I have mixed reactions. I might as well get my obvious bias out of the way, because I am very, very, very much pro-choice. I thought the film was preachy and manipulative at times, but the final scene with the narrator (and what I presume is the pregnant daughter she eventually had?) grounded the anti-abortion dogma into a very personal human story that, although a bit over-sentimental, was still a twinge heartbreaking. I do find it a bit hard to swallow that an abortion is the kind of thing somebody would regret their entire lives, but I'm admittedly not very educated on the emotional aspect, and motherhood is a strange and alien thing to me, so after some deliberation, it is probably quite likely.
[...]
All in all, it's not a film I agree with, but it's a film I can respect.

Well, thanks for being honest. I really appreciate that. A lot of pro-choice people that saw the movie felt the same way about it. I did a lot of research and even talked to a lot of people who's families have had an abortion. Motherhood is a very alien idea to me as well (I mean, c'mon. I'm a dude), so I had a female co-writer to help out with the script. I think we did 12 re-writes to get the script to the point it was when we started shooting. It does still feel a little over-preachy, I guess. This was only the second short film I wrote as wasn't as practiced as I ought to have been tackling such an issue. But I'd like to think it isn't as preachy as most other films are when they touch on issues like this.

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:What I must compliment you on is the abortion scene itself. I love how we never see the abortionist's face, it makes the whole thing very clinical and detached, and keeping the camera close to the pregnant girl the entire time establishes a deeper connection with her. The crying baby noises only added to the effect, and make the whole scene very unnerving and unreal. Easily the highlight of the film for me.

Thank you! This scene shows that, in the right instances, I am a fan of shaky-cam. The first cut of the movie I did had a lot of single-frame cuts flashing in front of the screen as the camera zoomed in at the girl in the final shot of the abortion scene. It was too distracting. So instead I just put the baby sounds there, which disturbed even me. There's also a vacuum cleaner sound effect in there sucking the fetus out. (Eww.)

Not seeing the abortionist's face served two purposes. The first is that the movie is only 10 minutes long, and as soon as you make a connection with someone I feel the audience immediately wants some back-story into the character in some way. Even if it's just stuff in the background that are telling to the character's past. Not showing the face kept me from having to think out the character that much. That, and the abortionist was played by my mother, who did not playing the role. In this rare instance, no face time simply made for a happy actress.

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:[In response to Live Action Anime]
This was just silly.

Also, I don't understand how the villain can kill the creator, and then not be able to continue on with the fight. Because if he's bound by the plot that the creator makes, then the only way he'd be able to kill the creator is if the creator wrote it, which means that this was just an elaborate suicide on his part. But if he didn't need the creator, then there would be no need for a stalemate to occur, because he's in control of his own life. There's a fundamental contradiction here. How can he kill his creator, by his own will, then turn around and still be bound by the will of a dead man, whom he already rebelled against and murdered!?

Is this short supposed to be some sly attack on Existential vs. Christian beliefs!? Are we free to rebel against God, then screwed when we do?

First of all, yes. This is just silly. No, I don't understand how the villain character can kill the creator either. I did this short film only for a letter grade and to replace Sweet Sixteen as the class project. I never meant for this to be an attack on Existential vs. Christian beliefs. (Though I am a Christian myself, and an attack like that would make sense for me to pull off like this.) Basically, I was making this whole movie up in the recording booth as I was doing the voices. No written script or anything. You can probably even tell by the dialogue between the two characters that I didn't think any of it out in advance. I only had an idea as to the visuals of the short film and that was it. The film itself was only made to parody the Yu-Gi-Oh animes that make absolutely no sense to me either, so that's what I did.

So, if I may...

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Yes, that's what I imagined.

Ranny-poo Boogaloo wrote:Android Red

Sweet Jesus, this film is too bright and too dark at the same time. But that kind of works in its favor, in a strange sort of way. It's a very cool, atmospheric piece, and I must say that you must know you're way around a camera. The close-ups and cuts and shit are all awesome. I do you wish you people would write vaguer descriptions of your videos, though. Your films become less interesting if you describe the whole thing in one sentence before the video starts. Short films are just sort of anemic in general, but when you sum them in less than two seconds, it's like the seams are bursting open. Then again, I do like going into stuff as blind as possible, which is just getting harder and harder these days.

Oh, but please, you must tell me what music that is playing during the film. I'm kind of digging it.

Ranny Rimbaud Rimjob wrote:Tragedy as Farce (Under 42nd Street)

Yep, that clinches it. You're good at pointing a camera at things. Congratulations.

It might just be me, but it appears that New York subway trains seem to be a lot shinier than Chicago subway trains.

Bomby Bomb-omb Monkey wrote:Lithium

Freaking awesome, indeed. Should I state the obvious? Why not, it's always a segue into more flattery. I love how the rhythm of monotony gradually breaks down on itself into complete anarchy. It's gradual at first: I asked myself "Were those milk cartons always on the bottom of the screen?" It didn't totally sink in until that picture of Kafka starting reappearing everywhere; which, by the way, is a really nice touch because it further informs the sense of maniacal isolation and entrapment. I love how the protagonist never moves, until the end, and how up to that point, it's everything around him that's moving and spiraling out of control. Very, very nice piece.

Drop the Bomby Bomb wrote:light journal

I say, you're also quite adept at point a camera at things. But you get more points with me, because I have a hardon for stark, black and white photography. I just wish you had more material, so you could fill out the entire song. I was a bit disappointed when it abruptly ended.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Mega Epic Bump. Maybe this should be stickied under a more concise title. I dunno. :shrug:

But anyway, here a short film some friends of mine created and put on YouTube recently called Economic Measures. I knew them in film school. Check out some of the other films they've made too. They were a pretty creative bunch!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Fake Monster Commercial

The most annoying thing I've made, easily, back in April for my soon-to-be-former roommate's Marketing class. I dunno. It's kind of neat, I guess.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 pm

My favorite part was when that one guy shaved and brushed his teeth with Monster for no reason.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:45 pm

You know, that was actually pretty good. I would buy a Monster drink after that.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Kenshin Sephiroth
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Kenshin Sephiroth » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:22 pm

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_xG947H7A[/url]

Threw this together this afternoon whilst feeling moody.
"Sentient ice cream."

Return to “Film and Video”