Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:15 am

Not finding a whole lot in this season to grab onto. Basically just Fune wo Amu!, Drifters, and continuing with Saiki no Psi Nan and S2 of Gundam IBC.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:43 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Holy wow, SHELTER was fantastic! The little story it packed into its 6-minute length was seriously beautiful, and the animation and artwork are beyond gorgeous, too. Megumi Kouno is a hell of an animator. Incredible work from everyone who was involved with this thing.
Him pushing her on the swing gets me everytime. The songs not helping matters either. ;_;
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:21 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:
Re-Zero. The ending was a bit of a letdown, and as others have said there was no rhyme or reason to the selection of best girl. But the MC was somehow very appealing, and the show was great fun to watch, with good cliffhangers and the like. Pretty good, I'd say, though not actually great.

The 'rhyme and reason' is that, for better or worse, the anime is rather faithfully following the path of the original light novel and the author has decided that Emilia is the one for Subaru.

Re:Zero LN spoilers  SPOILER: Show
Without saying too much, Rem gets shafted even harder in the material that the next season, if there is one, will be covering. Subaru is literally one second away from saying a sentence that has major implications for her in the 'inaudible dialogue' bit right before the end credits of the final episode.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:25 pm

I was feeling the desire to watch it so I went ahead and saw the first two episodes of the original 1974 Space Battleship Yamato series. I don't think I have ever seen such beautiful designs on both the characters and mechanicals. IDK if the running gag of Yuki getting her skirt lifted revealing her panties by the robot was a product of the time like something to be expected in the old days of anime since other than G-Force and Speed Racer, I have limited experience in that field. Nevertheless, I do plan on continuing my journey through this wonderful masterpiece that doesn't rely so much on gimmicks like so much newer anime seem to rely on.
Last edited by Gus Hanson on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Annoyingly it turns out that The Ancient Magus' Bride is a 3 episode OVA on a 6 month release cycle.

I sampled the first episode of Flip Flappers, and it felt like FLCL meets Daicon IV in The New World. Papika (the Daicon girl/Haruko fusion in the mix) is one of those infuriating brain dead genki girls just like Pikari, and around her the art style of the show wobbles from Imaishi-style wackiness, to acid flashbacks to Shin Sekai Yori in the respites between the manic bursts.

Dropped like a colony.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:11 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:6 month release cycle.

My condolences. Just be grateful you’re not an SYD fan waiting for the next OVA.

Keijo!1!111!1!!11!!11 – I’ll just stick to the GIFs.

Occultic;Nine – 5 minutes of this was all I could suffer. Dropped like an eave. Damn, I can’t compete with Mr.Tines’ “dropped like a colony”…

Izetta – Bad first episode, it didn’t give us any indication of what kind of show the rest of the series would be.
The next two eps had bits of magical girl vs military action, with the Yuki Yuna lookalike set to become a rallying figure to an underdog army. I’m hoping the show will explore concepts such as exploitation, loyalty and lopsided arms-races, peppered with an occasional action sequence.
It passed the Tines test, barely. Will see how things develop.
I wish the director didn’t feel the need to remind us Not!YukiYuna is a girl, complete with girl parts, so often.

Diamond is Unbreakable – It’s a… bizarre feeling watching the recent goings-on in the Kawajiri household, absorbing yet uncomfortable. I want Shinobu to not suffer and be happy, but does that mean I want her to successfully win over her villainous husband’s imposter?
Besides knowing Dio would at some point throw a steamroller- I’ve been completely unspoiled on JoJo since the beginning. I wonder how many fans of the comic are still watching, I can imagine they would be very bored…

Gi(a)rlish Number – I hate the title, but the first two eps were very promising.
I like the fact that the main character isn’t a starry-eyed debutant who can do no wrong, but a flawed individual- selfish and arrogant working in a less than perfect industry.
There were some flavourings of Shirobako going on, seeing executives and the like making arrangements for a show about to enter production; the project is shaping up to be a disaster, so there’s a strong, cringey feeling in your stomach as you watch.

Watched the recently released OreGairu/ Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru/ My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU OVA.
This has to be among the top five most obnoxiously long named toons.
I miss this show. That feeling where every single word uttered and every miniscule interaction is of absolute importance to all involved… watching these awkward teens is like running an emotional marathon if you let yourself get sucked in. It’s bloody hilarious.

Also the Phantom World OVA. It’s pretty to look at. That’s all it had to be. Great success.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Diamond is Unbreakable – It’s a… bizarre feeling watching the recent goings-on in the Kawajiri household, absorbing yet uncomfortable. I want Shinobu to not suffer and be happy, but does that mean I want her to successfully win over her villainous husband’s imposter?
Besides knowing Dio would at some point throw a steamroller- I’ve been completely unspoiled on JoJo since the beginning. I wonder how many fans of the comic are still watching, I can imagine they would be very bored…

Part 4 besides Part 7 is widely considered the best JoJo part so no we're not bored, I'm just waiting for some key moments in the manga that are coming soon.
Also fun fact for anime only viewers: the latest episode and its follow up are combining 4 different story arcs into 2 episodes, and the first episode SOMEHOW still worked.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:55 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:I wish the director didn’t feel the need to remind us Not!YukiYuna is a girl, complete with girl parts, so often.

Just wait until episode 4. My god.

I wasn't wild about the first episode either, definitely wasn't one of those mind blowing first eps that are one of the highlights of being an anime watcher. I'm enjoying the series a lot myself, though it's not blowing my damn mind. Most looking forward to Magical Girl Raising Project each week.

Miss Bernard Said has continued to be awesome, and had the guts to explore the age old question of our time; "what distance should one keep from Haruki Murakami's works?" The silly humor is definitely my jam and the feigned anger and facial expressions are wonderful.

Also, completed a quick watching of School-Live, which is probably the best horror anime I've seen so far. Sorta Yuki Yuna meets Dawn of the Dead, told in a nonlinear format. Feelings of hopelessness and cuteness abound. Highly recommended, especially if one is looking for some horror animes over the Halloween weekend.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Izetta – Bad first episode, it didn’t give us any indication of what kind of show the rest of the series would be.
The next two eps had bits of magical girl vs military action, with the Yuki Yuna lookalike set to become a rallying figure to an underdog army.

I checked out the first episode today, having previously seen a some of the warfighting gifs (I think Keijo!! has stolen its thunder in other respects), so the slow start didn't seem quite so bad. The BUNBUN sameface is quite strong in this one, with Nogi Wakaba-hime getting rescued by Takashima Yuuna (and I've seen evidence of Miyoshi Karin in other stills). I'll give this an extended trial.

Diamond is Unbreakable – It’s a… bizarre feeling watching the recent goings-on in the Kawajiri household, absorbing yet uncomfortable. I want Shinobu to not suffer and be happy, but does that mean I want her to successfully win over her villainous husband’s imposter?
I'd read the first three parts, and then, for lack of better translation for part 4 at the time, up to the end of Surface/start of Yukako Yamagishi Is In Love when I DUWANG'd out of something that was being just aimless monster of the week, and yet it was only the end of part three where I didn't bother with watching the anime (D'Arby the Gamer being the last interesting stand battle).

I also tried the first episode of ClassicaLoid, which was an odd mix of the whimsical and the dumb -- including the electro-pop renderings of Beethoven. If it stuck to being SoL/comedy plus rework classical music videos, it would be amusing fluff -- but alas, it seems to be about to spawn a plot. Still, I'll give it some more time.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now B(

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:54 pm

A harsh truth about the plot for Fune wo Amu! just dawned on me.

It happened a bit after seeing the sensei insist that they find words for this new-fangled "IT" thing that all the kids are talking about, and both of the youngsters confessing that they have no computer saviness to help with that goal.

... This thing they're spending the next 10 years making, is an analog dictionary, in a digital world. While they can come up with some unique definitions, it'll never be as useful, or as used, as the dictionaries people have at their fingertips, through their phones & tablets.

It's already outmoded, and in 10 years, there'll be even less demand for it. Even if they went in a niche direction that made the dictionary appeal to some industry or subject ( like IT), it's not likely to keep pace with an internet-based dictionary which has the ability & resources to update in real time.

In-universe, the company is talking about shutting the project down, and considering the scope of it, they may be right to. It's just-- obsolete as is, and it doesn't appear as if any of the editors have the expertise to make it into a modern one you can find and use on google. All of that passion, that courageous mission statement of making a ship in a sea of words... and it's simply a waste.

Kind of doubt though the anime has noticed, would be interesting if they do.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:08 am

DUWANG’d out… that should be an actual verb.

Neglected to mention that I’ve been watching Non Non Biyori lately.
I like it. A lot. I didn’t think I could get absorbed in a game where competitors knock rulers of a desk, but I was gripped.
I find myself identifying with Komari. Poor girl, it’s horrible being an older sibling who’s shorter than their younger brother/sister.
One thing the show does well is balance screen time between the characters. One episode may shine the spotlight on the Koshigaya sisters, then the next episode will have vignettes featuring Renge and Hotaru. That Renge is a funny child.
An episode of this is like sinking into a comfy sofa after a stressful day.

Picked up Watashi ga Motete Dousunda/ Kiss Him, Not me/ Nobody likes fat chicks; I need a shoujo every now and then.
A big girl becomes a slim, hot girl and suddenly all the boys want her, call it shallow but at least it’s believable. The rom-com hijinks are fairly run of the mill so far, but welcomely so.
I think there must have been production problems with episode 2; the voice audio track was overpowered by sound effects and background music throughout. Felt like I was watching Fruits Basket again.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:20 am

Watched the first episode of Kiss Him, Not Me. The character designs are gorgeous and one thing that truly impressed me was Kae's voice when she was initially fatter than her current form. As of now, I still ship her with Igarashi but I have always been wrong in my shipping since my record has included such duds as Ichigo/Rukia from Bleach and Naruto/Sakura from Naruto. I might also be wrong to ship Kiyoshi from Prison School with Mari since he'll likely end up with Chiyo or Hana given the limited amount I have seen up till now.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 am

Watching Flip Flappers. Man, this is the same feeling I got watching Kill la Kill all those years ago. This is a really special show, maybe not too brainy, but they keep a lot of things vague, and somehow this adds to the intrigue of the plot. Compare this to your average anime, where every attack gets a 2-minute monologue to introduce it. And the animation! You can tell they're working on a modest budget, which makes it all the more impressive how wild the action in this thing is! I mean, just watch the kung fu fight scene in Episode 3!

This show makes me really happy to be alive and watching anime in 2016. The mild wrinkles in the character development are overpowered by the raw kinetic brilliance of this thing. I cannot wait to see how Flip Flappers is gonna end up
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 am

I'm somehow dragged myself into watching Dragonball Super... awful Toi Animation abounds.

This seriously looks like shows they were producing 15 years ago, when they just got started with using computer-assisted animation.
I'm all for nostalgia ( to an extent), but this styling reminds more of 02 Digimon than DBZ.

That aside, I'm more disturbed by this Mai x Trunks shipping. She's basically the same age as his Grandmother; she's this old hag, but even older.

I'm probably wrong, but my mind ranks her as Anime's penultimate cougar, right after Eureka who was stated to be a 120 when she met Renton.

However... perhaps there is some symmetry in seeing her spend 60+ years hunting Goku, becoming leader of the forces trying to Kill Black, only to die by his hand. Exiting as we first saw her--- having yet another plot, foiled.

SPOILER: Show
Oh, her hand's moving, she's not dead.

After taking a building to the face, as a normal human...

Oh dear lord, a guy with world destroying powers having waking nightmares.

At times like these, I begin to wonder why DB doesn't have its own version of Cadmus yet... Or would that have been the Red Ribbon Army?

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:29 am

Dragon Ball Super

It’s great

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to switch off my bot…
No, I wouldn’t call it “great”, but it has been surprisingly entertaining. A large part of this is due to the antics of Beerus.
I don’t know if Daisuki.net has been playing the improved, BD episodes or not, but whilst the animation has hardly been stellar- it’s fine. Fine. Just fine.

This is my first time watching anything Dragon ball undubbed. I thought I could never accept a female-voiced Goku, but my prejudice was immediately put to bed.
Chi-chi and Bulma are far more likeable because their bitchy droning doesn’t make me reach for the mute button.
King Kai -of all characters- is just plain awful. I’d expect a voice like his to come out of a statue. The character’s movements are far too expressive and lively for such a bored-sounding performance. Is there a joke I’m missing here?

Um… who’re those little people hanging around with Pilaf? I think the show neglected to share a few scenes… or is watching the movie an unspoken order? Sod that.

Gave www.working!! a chance, but after 6 episodes I now accept that the show kind of sucks. There’s no interest in the Higashida x Miyakoshi nomance; Adachi is scared of Muranushi because she smiles sometimes... comedy?; Saiki is funny… but rest of the characters are just too annoying and unlikable, all of them.
Shiho has been wielding a sword the last couple of episodes. <sigh> Stop reminding me of a better show with better characters, I’ll happily just rewatch that one instead. Dropped.

Rewatched Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers. It’s a crying shame that this hasn’t received any continuation yet.
This is definitely one of those shows better suited for binge-watching. Some episodes (like 5-7) will involve little more besides the braves talking theories about who’s who and what to do, but still – it’s gripping stuff, and the time flies by.
I love the character designs; as their personalities are revealed each one of the braves suggests a unique animal, then there’s Flamie -the odd one out- so she’s a plant instead.
Adlet Myer is a funny one: a regular human being with martial arts training; scientific know-how; and an arsenal of tricks and gadgets allowing him to fight much stronger opponents. Give him a black cowl (and dial down the arrogant proclamations) and you’ve got annie-may Batman.
Good stuff.

Magical Girl Raising Project. Magical girl battle royale? Isn’t magical-girl-show-with-dark-twist very old hat now?
Whatever. Only two eps in, giving it a chance. That cheeky cliff-hanger was hilarious.

Lostorage Incited WIXOSS. Only two eps in, but the card game makes no sense so far. There’s no life bar or any other indication of who’s winning/losing. So I suppose I’m not supposed to care about such details? <shrug> Fair enough, let’s see where the plot goes…

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:53 pm

chazthesilencer wrote:Dragon Ball Super

It’s great

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to switch off my bot…

:lol: :lol: I was waiting for someone to make this joke. I'd love to follow that series and see my dude Future Trunks mess things up, but I've just got so much anime on my to watch list that it ain't gonna happen.
chazthesilencer wrote:
Magical Girl Raising Project. Magical girl battle royale? Isn’t magical-girl-show-with-dark-twist very old hat now?
Whatever. Only two eps in, giving it a chance. That cheeky cliff-hanger was hilarious.

I think the creators know it's a genre that's been done to death as of late, and it seems they're doing their best to keep it fresh.
Analogy spoiler one may not want to read until episode six or so;  SPOILER: Show
To me it's more Bokurano than Madoka, and I loved Bokurano. Twists all over the goddamn place.

I feel like it really starts to get going with the fourth episode. This anime is so up my alley though, and just may end up my favorite of the year. It's so brutal and I love all the character designs and how the girls all have that unique concept, especially Top Speed in that she's a classic witch. Snow White is a bit of a weak main character, but luckily she doesn't seem to be all that necessary in driving along the show so far. Every Saturday when I wake up I'm like, "yes, Magical Girl Raising Project"
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote::
I think the creators know it's a genre that's been done to death as of late, and it seems they're doing their best to keep it fresh.
Analogy spoiler one may not want to read until episode six or so;  SPOILER: Show
To me it's more Bokurano than Madoka, and I loved Bokurano. Twists all over the goddamn place.

I feel like it really starts to get going with the fourth episode. This anime is so up my alley though, and just may end up my favorite of the year. It's so brutal and I love all the character designs and how the girls all have that unique concept, especially Top Speed in that she's a classic witch. Snow White is a bit of a weak main character, but luckily she doesn't seem to be all that necessary in driving along the show so far. Every Saturday when I wake up I'm like, "yes, Magical Girl Raising Project"

I've started watching it and I'm actually quite interested. It doesn't have the heavy references to folklore and literature that PMMM had, but it does manage to carry a storyline with twists and tension much better than the likes of WIXOSS. I'd say it's around as good as Mai-Hime, but it could become better over the course of the story. Snow White seems to have pretty much the same function as Madoka though, being a weak main character who has to potter around and cry while the more developed characters go through the story elsewhere (Although unlike Madoka her excuse isn't that she isn't a magical girl, it's that she doesn't have a combat ability. Unlike most magical girl shows this one does seem to stick with giving everyone one specific power that may or may not be combat-related rather than the old standard of a power and a weapon).

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Top Speed.

She seems interesting, but the every time she starts talking about how she wants to live for 6 months I realise she's got a death flag the size of a small continent waving above her.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:47 pm

I watched the first five episodes of gakkou Gurashi. Not going to spoil it if you havent seen it. But ine the first episode the first episode they try really hard to make it look like this will be a terrible anime, but then in the last ten percent of the episode it just completely turns that around and its awesome.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:52 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Snow White seems to have pretty much the same function as Madoka though, being a weak main character who has to potter around and cry while the more developed characters go through the story elsewhere

That's a pretty good comparison, made me wonder why I hadn't thought of that sooner, haha.

Shinoyami65 wrote:She seems interesting, but the every time she starts talking about how she wants to live for 6 months I realise she's got a death flag the size of a small continent waving above her.

This is true, and judging on the theme of the show so far her death will probably be pretty terrible. My theory is that she's pregnant, and if that's the case, her death would be pretty "grimdark," as the kids say. But I'm not basing that off of anything in particular besides for the fact that she keeps saying six months. She might even be a man, and thus, very much not pregnant(hopefully). Or maybe she just has tickets to see her favorite band play. :wink:

That is one of the funner aspects of the show, the whole "anybody at any age with any personality can be a magical girl" thing, and learning about them as the weeks go by. I especially liked how they handled the Ruler; condescending office lady becomes magical girl and seems poised to be the main antagonist, then bites it because of someone she saw as a fool. I found the backstory of Ripple to be a tad cliche, though, which is kind of a bummer.

Defectron wrote:I watched the first five episodes of gakkou Gurashi

I watched this one last month and I was really impressed with it. The characters are very real and very well fleshed out and make the show an absolute joy to watch, which is awesome because of the grim surroundings(I enjoy contradictions).
SPOILER: Show
I don't usually go for anything with zombies in it save for Resident Evil, but this one gave me a lot of respect for the genre.
It also features the best shovel in anime.
Last edited by Joy Evangelion on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Aquarion episode 8

Tsugumi is so adorable with her admiration/crush on Reika and the whole idea that the concept of merging the Vectors is comparable at best to an orgasm really got pushed to the brink leaving the last image of a satisfied Tsugumi laying in her Vector one for the record books. I definitely don't buy Silvia's claim that merging with anyone, even Apollo, feels the same especially since they're fated to be dating at some point or another. It's the unwritten rule of anime!

Return to “Anime and Manga”