Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Adaptation Works

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Fucking amazing first outing, perfect adaptation of the prologue. If rest of the series adapts UBW with comparable care and talent we're for one helluva ride.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:36 am

Yesss, Aimer will be performing the OP theme for the second season! The song is titled "Brave Shine".

Here's some of her stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9u6LhrJnQ
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cwhx ... d_creation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfich8LWlm4

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 am

^I was hoping for LiSA's cover of 'This Illusion' from the ending of season one, but this seems good too.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Is it just me or did season 2 start of very poorly? I think the next episode will be very action packed and should have been the intro to the second season. As it is, it's boring exposition and highschool kids talking.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:55 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:As it is, it's boring exposition and highschool kids talking.

To be fair, this makes it a pretty perfect adaptation of FSN.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:47 am

View Original PostStan wrote:Is it just me or did season 2 start of very poorly? I think the next episode will be very action packed and should have been the intro to the second season. As it is, it's boring exposition and highschool kids talking.

Well, they're staying faithful to the original plot in that respect -o-; They're basically following the plot of the VN from the point season 1 ended. I'd have thought that the Rin x Caster fight was supposed to fulfill this episode's quotient of 'expensive ufotable animation skillz'.

It seems that whereas Fate/Zero was rather accessible, UBW is suffering a bit because people who aren't familiar with the series don't seem to know what's going on, which isn't really helped by the tiny deviations to the plot which make all the characters look a tiny bit more stupid.

I did think it was good (if a bit out of the left field at this stage) that they're finally building the Rin/Shirou relationship which is supposed to be a focal point of the UBW arc.

And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 pm

New ending by Kalafina is amazing, been hearing it all day non stop. Shame that i can't say the same for the OP.

In the next 3 episodes there will be a fight i was looking forward from the start.

It's my time to shine.

I will fight with a legendary hero.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:08 am

View Original PostDima wrote:New ending by Kalafina is amazing, been hearing it all day non stop. Shame that i can't say the same for the OP.

Yeah, they should have stuck with disillusion, the new OP is pretty bland stuff compared with Kalafina's vocals in the ED.

And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:32 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Yeah, they should have stuck with disillusion, the new OP is pretty bland stuff compared with Kalafina's vocals in the ED.

Shame cause the first OP and the OPs from Fate/Zero were amazing. Also the scenes they put with the song is not helping it.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:14 pm

^Yeah, what's even more disappointing is that they baited us with that awesome cover of disillusion at the end of the last season and then never used it again :sadfrog:

And in today's episode....

SPOILER: Show

-Caster's original Master is given a lot more background as some spoiled third-rate rich pretty-boy Mage who totally deserved what was coming to him.
-Bazett gets a passing mention...although she's already dead by now.
-After one season of Caster being a bitch this is the part where they decide to try and humanise her a bit.
-A fair bit of the budget seems to have gone into making a CG taxi which only appears in one scene.
-Ooh, Fate/Zero references!
-So it turns out Gate of Babylon can be used to drop annoying, unwanted things too.
-Gil-kun has arrived on the playing field! :D

And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:

-Caster's original Master is given a lot more background as some spoiled third-rate rich pretty-boy Mage who totally deserved what was coming to him.
-Bazett gets a passing mention...although she's already dead by now.
-After one season of Caster being a bitch this is the part where they decide to try and humanise her a bit. (inevitable, they had to cover this part)
-A fair bit of the budget seems to have gone into making a CG taxi which only appears in one scene. (Unlimited Budget Works i am telling you, even for taxis) :lol:
-Ooh, Fate/Zero references!
-So it turns out Gate of Babylon can be used to drop annoying, unwanted things too.
-Gil-kun has arrived on the playing field! :D (it was about time! i've been waiting for this since the the start)

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Re: Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Adaptation Works

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:11 am

I received both the Heaven's Feel movies in the mail today. After watching both, I'm really digging this route. Heaven's Feel was the only route in the Visual Novel I didn't finish, I was never really interested in Sakura but these movies definitely made her more endearing and she certainly stole the show in both. The second movie was a bit heavy though, they're both rather long but the second has a lot of depressing/darker moments in them, especially the second half.

There's a dream sequence Sakura is in that turns out to be a reflection of what's going on IRL, the paintings on the wall in the castle room are the same images Shirou sees when he touches the shadow in the first movie. There's a reddit post showing off some of the images/paintings but I can't seem to find all of them.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:24 am

What I like about Heaven's Feel is that if you're going into it while feeling "Ugh, why should I care about Sakura", the general bitterness of her character hits a lot harder because (HF3 spoilers I guess?)
people feeling that way about her is precisely why she's so fucking mad at everyone in the game and goes on her rampage

Heaven's Feel wasn't my favorite at first but the more I thought on it, the more I liked the route in the VN. The movies are pretty good, but don't quite capture how off-putting its supposed to feel compared to Fate and UBW routes.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:27 pm

I'm very early into the HF route in the VN, does it also have the Rumble Grumble scene in it?

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:25 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Rumble Grumble". If you're talking about the scene you described in your spoiler above, there's an equivalent scene in the VN though its played very, very differently.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:38 am

So I would like to get your guys's opinion on my current situation. I'm hugely into owning physical copies of my media/entertainment. I tend to be a sucker for steelbooks, artbooks, and unique packaging. Unfortunately Aniplex doesn't make this easy with the Fate series (or any of their other titles for that matter) and when both Fate/Zero and UBW were released on Blu-ray by them, both the dubbed copies and Japan imports were beyond my reach. Fast forward to now and Aniplex rereleased Fate/Zero the entire series in one box set. It doesn't contain any additional content, just a little pamphlet with an episode guide and comes in a box similar to KnK, although it was steep in price for just a nice box and the series I took the dive because I didn't want to lose out on having a physical copy of Fate/Zero in my collection.

My problem now is getting copies of UBW on Blu-ray. I can't find the dubbed copies together ANYWHERE. There was an Ebay listing two weeks ago but it was a bidding and the last day before the auction ended 14 other people came out of the wood work and gouged the price up to $610 and I just couldn't justify that kind of money for the release that was only $180 for each set, I wasn't going to pay over double of what they should be for a pre-owned copy. I can find the dubbed release for the second season easily but still at $350+ dollars and I can't find the first season at all.

What would you think my chances are at A. finding the dubbed release of both seasons at Megacon and at a reasonable price? & B. Aniplex doing a reissue for UBW like they did for Zero?

I have KnK, Fate/Zero, and both Heaven's Feel movies on Blu-ray so if I can't get UBW my OCD is going to rip me apart but I refuse to pay more than what I know they are worth.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 pm

This just got announced and seems to be the exact same kind of set for UBW that Aniplex did for Fate/Zero.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Fate-stay-night-Unlimited-Blade-Works-Complete-Box-Set-Blu-ray

Still on the pricey side though.

Return to “Anime and Manga”