Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi there. Dropping by to give a brief post. I was excited for this season but I find I have even more shows in the coming season that I plan to watch.

So the following are the shows I plan to watch in 2013 Summer below. There are A LOT -- I once thought I might be watching too many anime this season but it seems that the next season is even trickier. I don't really list the titles in any strict order, but you can take it as being listed in a rough order of how much I look forward to (with HDxD being top). I also include at the end the anime I am watching now that is heading to its 2nd cour (those with brackets around the titles)

Highschool DxD 2nd
Monogatari 2nd season
KinMoza (Kiniro Mosaic)
Tamayura2
C3bu (Stella Jogakuin-koudoka C3-bu)
Love Lab
Fantasista Doll
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Iriya
Free!
Symphogear 2nd
Neptune (Choujigen Game Neptune)
SerSer (Servant x Service)
Genkei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Rozen Maiden 3rd
InuHasa (Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou)
Kitakubu Katsudou-kiroku
WataMote (Watashi ga Motenai nowa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!)
Kamisama no inai Nichiyoubi
Silver Spoon
Uchouten Kazoku
Gatchaman Crowns
Dangan Ronpa
Kimi no iru Machi
Blood Lad
(Railgun2)
(Shingeki)
(Majestic Prince)
(Yamato 2199)

I might check Genshiken Nidaime and Rokyubu 2nd if I have time -- the main reason why I don't pick them up straight away is because I did not watch their first season.

Merridian wrote:I'm wondering now why the new Sailor Moon project isn't on the pictured list. Has the date been moved back?
In a twitter of the author of Sailor Moon a few months ago, it was revealed that the project is postponed to an indefinite date. I recommend not holding breath over any announcement soon.

Ornette wrote:Why is there a Genshiken 2 when there was already a Genshiken 2, shouldn't it be the third season?
It is not Genshiken 2 but Genshiken Nidaime (Genshiken 2nd generation) and it is treated as a separate manga so this series is also considered a separate anime not another season of Genshiken. I do not agree with the English translation using "Genshiken 2" - I think it is incorrect.
Last edited by symbv on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Hey symbv it's been a while nice you posted. That's some list you're planing on watching good luck!
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Hey symbv it's been a while nice you posted. That's some list you're planing on watching good luck!
Yeah, I spend a lot of time on MAL these day. Being a News Mods there takes time, but I also post a lot there (with my usual stubborn attitude and hatred against mean-spiritedness, closed-mindedness and snarky trolling :lol: ) Anyway, I may also later post a rough verdict for the over 25 anime I am watching in this Spring season. But let's wait until the season is done...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:18 pm

That's great! I look forward to your thoughts. Don't forget your friends here on EvaGeeks.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:21 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:That's great! I look forward to your thoughts. Don't forget your friends here on EvaGeeks.
Thanks. You remind me of the great time I had here. I guess in MAL I find it much easier to talk about currently airing (or recently aired) anime but you are right I should be around here more, especially since apparently Xard is the mods in this board now ;-)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Yeah it be great to have you back!

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:23 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Thanks. You remind me of the great time I had here. I guess in MAL I find it much easier to talk about currently airing (or recently aired) anime but you are right I should be around here more, especially since apparently Xard is the mods in this board now ;-)

Hahaha I was thinking of informing you about this via pm and signalling I'd like to see post here on this turf more :lol:

(also congratulations on making it to MAL news team, I wasn't surprised in the least by that turn of events)

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Summer season looks pretty good. Not stellar, but hopeful.

I'd say it's one of the better summer seasons in ages and it even has really major titles airing (ie. monogatari monogatari monogatari).

Anyway, as for me

Will Almost Certainly Watch

Tamayura second season

I first need to finish s1 but Tamayura is love. It's exactly the kind of brilliant "healing" SoL Junichi Sato is master of with excellent music and lovely atmosphere. Can't wait for more.

Gatchaman Crowds

Nakamura is one of the most talented and interesting directors in the industry. Of his past four series two have been godly and the other two good too. Unless something goes horridly wrong this should be very nice watch.

Silver Spoon

NoitaminA show that sounds like farming edition of Honey & Clover. Nuff said. Also pretty irrelevant but I've never seen bad anime in which Hokkaido plays a significant part. :lol:

Fate/kaleid Prism Ilya

Top pick of the season for obvious reasons.

Ilya is hhhhnnnnggghh + magical girls.

Monogatari s2

I wasn't too hot on Nise and probably cared even less for Neko (kuro) but I'll be damned if I don't ride this train till the end, especially since the material coming up in s2 seems to be (based on what I've heard) more along the lines I'm interested in seeing.

Will Probably Watch And Probably Hate Myself For It

Free

KYOANI

CUTE BOYS SWIMMING CUTELY

KYOANI

MUH GAY LITMUS TEST

Kimi no Iru Machi

Or "Kimi no Rage Machi" as it is popularly known among fans, I've been somewhat fascinated by the sheer amount of butthurt and rage this has caused for years on /a/ and even in my close vicinity. The girls also look cute and now that they went and cast Ranka in lead role I'm starting to feel obligation to check it out. I mean, if I watched Kämpfer for that reason alone this can't be all that bad right?

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:"Kimi no Rage Machi"

I expect frequent updates from you.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:44 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:I expect frequent updates from you.

oh....?

Anyway, I forgot to mention Servant x Service as probable watch - though I think I'll wait for feedback before picking or not picking it up.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:09 am

Monogatari,Danganronpa and Gundam AGE for me.Though i know i will regret it for the last one....
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 am

Xard wrote:Hahaha I was thinking of informing you about this via pm and signalling I'd like to see post here on this turf more

So it is a relatively recent thing? It seems that there is now one dedicated mod assigned to each board on top of the usual nebulous "Board Staff" (which may need update since I thought "ZapX" is no longer a mod, unless something has happened when I was off from EGF). Anyway, congratulations!! Your promotion to mods just speak volumes about your personal growth (and willingness to take up responsibility and be mature). You should one day write an essay about your journey from a perceived outcast troll to a respected and well-meaning mods ;-)

To further the discussion of the Summer season, the following are the titles that fans in Japan tip to be among the TOP FOUR BESTSELLING titles for the season (yes, in Japan they like to use TOP FOUR as a honor for seasonal anime sales).

(in no particular order)
- Monogatari Second Season
- Free!
- Highschool DXD 2nd season
- Dangan Ronpa
- Fantasista Doll
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Iriya
and less often
- Silver Spoon
- Roukyuubu 2nd season
- Symphogear 2nd season

Somehow not many place high hope on the new season of Rozen Maiden or Tamayura, much less Milky Holmes (perhaps not surprisingly)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:So it is a relatively recent thing?

You could say that

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Somehow not many place high hope on the new season of Rozen Maiden or Tamayura, much less Milky Holmes (perhaps not surprisingly)

I'm quite surprised three got new seasons in the first place

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 pm

total zzzz of a season in every respect except for Rozen Maiden which will no doubt wake me from my slumber for one episode or so before its puny promise is crushed beneath the overbearing engorgement of my...expectations.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Anime and Manga”