What anime are you watching right now? May-Nov '13

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:21 am

@Xard: good thing I didn't picked this title up despite with Mayuyu being headlined as one of the leads. Seems that this flick really has the Abrams lightflares are the real stars. :lol:

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:51 pm

CHAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ;_;
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm

2 of my spring series, Karneval and Gargantia wrapped up. Posted how I felt about Gargantia in that thread.

Karneval's premise seemed interesting but I lost interest in the series about halfway through. It isn't a bad series by any means, but as things when along I cared about it less and less. Finished S1 and there should be an S2 but I will likely not watch.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Nobody told me Patlabor was this good.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Nobody told me Patlabor was this good.

aren't you glad you found out for yourself? :D

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Watched Aku no Hana last episode with Xard & Friends. How the hell did I not pick up this gem; that was Gainax tier trolling.

Macross episode 31
Getting kind of tired of Minmay's backpedaling now. Yeah, you fucked up and chose the dickhead, deal with it.

Most underrated mecha classic of all time? Most underrated mecha classic of all time.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

I saw that Oshii directed much (all?) of the movie timeline and decided to give it a shot. What a wonderful surprise it's been. The aesthetic is so much like GITS '95 (I know it came before) I could cry. I am not a /m/an but I'm beginning to see the appeal.

On an unrelated note:

DIAMONDS
Last edited by caragnafog dog on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Just finished Otona Joshi no Anime Time. It's a set of 4 original shorts that are meant for a female audience. They were actually pretty nice. Loved the animation on the first two shorts. The background on the first one had that painted canvas look. The second one would shift between animation and a real background. It was pretty cool.

Going to continue with my Josei theme and watch Princess Jellyfish :tongue:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 am

I would have happily sung you the praises of Patlabor had you ever shown any interest, it's easily my favorite anime after Eva.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 am

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:Going to continue with my Josei theme and watch Princess Jellyfish :tongue:

Good choice. A criminally underseen show.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:59 am

I'm about to finish watching Trigun, I started it a few days ago and I have to finish quickly because I need to get a new Blu-Ray player.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:I'm about to finish watching Trigun, I started it a few days ago and I have to finish quickly because I need to get a new Blu-Ray player.

hope you've strapped yourself in, 'cuz you're about to go on a rollercoaster of emoshuns

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 am

Just finished Serial Experiment Lain. It was alright, there was a lot of promising things going on but fell short halfway through, maybe even before that. I watched the first 3 episodes a few days ago then marathon the rest last night at work. All in all i didn't like it and not willing to rewatch it to analyze it any further.

To be quiet honest these cerebral "mind fuck" animes are running thin on me. The next anime I'll be watching will be Baccano, I've had it on my to do list for a while and have heard only good things about it.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:41 am

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:hope you've strapped yourself in, 'cuz you're about to go on a rollercoaster of emoshuns
I just need to watch two more episodes tonight lol.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 am

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:To be quiet honest these cerebral "mind fuck" animes are running thin on me.
Lain isn't really complicated though.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 am

Should I watch again Wolf's Rain when i get a new Blu-Ray player? I didn't finish watching it yet due to some issues I had with time.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 am

Wolf's Rain is definitely worth the time in my opinion, one of the finest out of Bones.

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Lain isn't really complicated though.

Never said it was complicated.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 am

I wouldn't call it a mindfuck either just because it's cerebral, which was your implication. Thoughtful is more the way I see it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I wouldn't call it a mindfuck either just because it's cerebral, which was your implication. Thoughtful is more the way I see it.

Perhaps you didn't see the quotation marks, and check your post hoc opinions at the door.

Return to “Old Stickies”