Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Nonon doing a hallelujah

Ear candy
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:57 pm

There is only one explsnstion for this:
SPOILER: Show

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:03 pm

NANI SORE

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Mind keeping images like that down to a minimum? Put them in spoiler tags, too, because things like that - 1. Are an eyesore 2. Make this place look like 4chan.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Anime Expo 2014 Trigger Panel

-KlK took 5 years from start to finish, started after TTGL movies. Hundreds people involved (2-300)
-To a KlK movie: "not at the moment"
-Names in KlK come from a lot of old proverbs
-When KlK started, the screenplay was set. Only small continuity things modified at recording studio.
-Final episode finished several hours before airtime
-They would love to do a KlK TTGL crossover
-Mako VA acts like Mako, Koshimizu claims she's slightly annoying. Would wipe her nose on her pants or bother the manager of a restaurant, stuff Mako would do.
-Mako VA collects a lot of ero doujin
-Elite 4 VAs would encourages Yuzuki, especially Nonon by telling her "we believe in you Satsuki-sama!"
-Koshimizu is most gangster out of everybody. Nakashima said she was scary when she auditioned. Nakashima trolled her multiple times.
-Went out drinking a lot, Yuzuki doesn't drink. Elite 4 would make a wall around her when they went out.
-Yuzuki is higher pitched in real life and much shorter than Koshimizu

-Sushio did a live drawing at the event.

-Eir Aoi did a cover of Ambiguous by Garnidelia. That was a pretty rare to see a cover of the full song like that.
-VAs said some lines from the first episode, Yuzuki gave Satsuki's big speech, Ami did powerful transformation scream.

-Sushio has a pretty playful personality. Nakashima and the Trigger producer guy were saying that they were going to work him when he gets back to Japan for Ep.25 but he said he's already done....in his mind. He also played around with the audience and staff members a bit. At the end of the event, he even pulled up his shirt a bit. Real life Belly Button Forte.
-English dub cast was at KlK event but didn't do anything.
-Yuzuki and Koshimizu were in the cosplay for their respective characters.

• Took awhile for writing process to start but once it got going, it came quickly.
  • SUSHIO and producer want to cosplay as Guts.
  • Mako/Ryuuko and Gama/Mako both BFfs. Looks like Gama is getting friendzoned.
  • Clothes idea was a throwback to older anime series. Saint Seiya is mentioned. Started with idea that clothes were sentient.
  • Nakashima always wanted to write a show where everyone was missing a screw.
  • Ragyo's hair emits water and that's why it's rainbow colored. He came up with that on the spot.
  • Question about theme of sexuality in the show: There is no depiction of love interests and what I wanted to incorporate was the idea of friendship between entities that wasn't defined. Question was sort of dodged.
  • Character designs involved long meetings with other creative staff. Was clear when Imaishi didn't like a design(visibly annoyed). Ryuuko took the longest.
  • Satsuki would normally be the main character but intentionally made her the rival. Wanted a more innocent character for the lead. Nudist Beach originally used to be just the people to explain the stuff to the audience. Nudist beach originally was a joke name but they just ran with it.
  • Nakashima: Before KlK went on air, him and Imaishi were just trying to come up with something that would satisfy Imaishi, they were worried whether it would be palatable to a normal audience. Sushio mentions he was very worried.
  • Nakashima: Favorite scene is Satsuki in Senketsu staring at Ryuuko in Junketsu. Sushio: Favorite scene is where someone ripped clothes off and Ragyo asked "what does this mean". Sushio was asking the same thing.
  • Nakashima: hates objectifying women. What he wanted are "lively" and "3D" characters
  • Satsuki was a reference to Mako Gagi, an old female Japanese actress. She served as the inspiration. I'm sure I misspelled her name but I can't even find anything close to that spelling so someone more knowledgeable will have to help me on that one.
  • Life fibers in space question: Space is vast, they probably won't target Earth anymore.
  • Special bullet question: In script of the original version of episode 15, bullet was to be used against Satsuki and it doesn't work.
  • Manga from 70s, Otogumi, influenced early parts of KlK. Other influences came from Japanese manga in the 70s, like Female Convict Scorpion. Stuff Tarantino would like(his words). In that respect Imaishi followed in the footsteps of Tarantino, in that of throwbacks. Sushio: In Otokogumi manga everyone is hot blooded.
  • Why did Ryuuko need to go to school to find day's killer?: Ryuuko saw back of person who killed her father, knew it was a high school student around 17. Honnouji academy was one of last schools she went to, as she skipped from school to school for 6 months trying to find her father's killer.
  • Junketsu not sentient. Only Senketsu, so Satsuki couldn't hear Junketsu. In final episode, every human could hear voice of Senketsu.
  • Life fibers are sentient life forms, have a voice and language but humans don't understand them. Ragyo is exception, as she works as their messenger. Senketsu can talk because of Ryuuko's DNA and can communicate with others due to her.
  • SUSHIO: Kamui having eyes is a reference to Mazinger Z. Wanted to put something on breasts. Early designs looked like Devilman. One eye missing was a reference to Gunbuster 2 and also implies that it's still imperfect as a life form.
  • An idea tossed around about Senketsu was that feral covers were captured by Dr.Matoi and Senketsu came from there. Also had idea about weredogs but subdirector didn't like fighting animals so it was tossed out. Had many idea for clubs, nomad club(wander nomads where you would wander for three years and come back to the school.
  • Question about whether the early parts of the show were about Japan's loss of identity after the war: It's an overanalysis.
  • When you look at 70s Otokogumi, mostly male. Thought women would be more confrontational and a better fit for a contemporary audience. Sushio didn't want to initially do the job. Sushio declined three times. Was told if he did designs of good looking guys, girls would like him so he accepted(pretty sure that was a joke).
  • Question about if writing for shows like Kamen Rider Fourze is different from TTGL/KlK: Kamen rider is a children show so can't get really violent (KlK had no restrictions) and it was also a live action so can't write certain things.
  • (Sushio)Had ideas of costumes that would be erotically appealing for cosplay. Nakashima later wanted to refute that.
  • Was it ever considered for school to turn into giant robot? Episode 25 will answer your question.
  • Imaishi is working on episode 25 in Japan.
  • Satsuki's pants outfit from the beginning will make a return
  • Something about Mako having same color as Nui in a scene was a fluke.
  • Which is their favorite couple in KlK: Nakashima would often repeat that there is no space for love interest in KlK. So onus is on the fans. Sushio said that Sushio/Mako would be the best couple.
  • Right after Sushio said he designed costumes thinking of the potential cosplay, a bearded guy wearing transformed Senketsu stepped up.

https://twitter.com/fawnpunx
https://twitter.com/gendomike
https://twitter.com/CSakuraS

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:10 pm

That is fucking amazing. The VAs in cosplay was especially awesome. They actually look the part.

Also, Aya Suzaki collects Ero doujins? Guess there is still hope for all of us.

*Bows before the Genki Ball*
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:05 pm

ATTENTION!

ALL SALUTE TO STUDEN COUNCIL PRESIDENT, NENDOSUKI!

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/0 ... i-kiryuin/
http://www.goodsmile.info/en

Pre-orders start tomorrow!

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm a bit surprised that Satsuki costs 3,360 yen on amiami mind you she is 20 percent off there but still thought she would cost a bit more considering the size of the accessories she seems to have.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Paranoid » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:54 pm

But they skimped on the faceplates. Very nearly all nendos have three faceplates, but Satsuki only comes with two. Podium or no, people would be upset if she were expensive.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:46 am

^
That's because Satsuki only needs two faces: the impassible one of an absolute commander far above the masses and looking down at you with an absolute air of determination, stripping your being bare to the soul and judging of your real worth, and the face of righteous passion tinted of fury when giving her godly powerful speeches that could and will push even the lowest of maggots to go beyond his limits and even farther!

All other faces are only reserved for a select few of her personal entourage, such has her trustee four Devas and butler or her dear imouto, and thus is irrelevant for the washed masses of pigs of human clothing to have them represented.
You don't get an happy Satsuki, you earn it with your hard work, loyalty and blood!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 am

Reasons the Kill la Kill voice actors are the best ever.

Here’s a conversation from the Anime Expo talk sessions and Q and A panels featuring Ami Koshimizu (Ryuko’s VA) and Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki’s VA)

“Who’s your favorite character that’s not your own?”
Ami: “Onee-san…Onee-san…hey onee-san…”
Ryoka: “Ryu—-Ryu—-Nonon!”
Ami: “Eeeeeh??”
Ryoka: “And what about you?”
Ami: “My favorite character is Satsuki.”
Ryoka: “But what about Senketsu??”

"Can you recite your favorite line from the show?"
*pause*
Ryoka: “RYUKO MATOI!!!!”
Ami: “SATSUKI KRYUIN!!!!!!”

"What’s your favorite episode?"
Ami: “Episode 4, the no tardy to school day”
Ryoka: “Oh. That was my least favorite. I didn’t get to be in it and everyone else looked like they were having a lot of fun. My favorite was episode 20, when I got to show up wearing Senketsu. It was like I stole someone else’s boyfriend.”

"Can you recite Satsuki’s opening lines?"
Ryoka: “FEAR IS FREEDOM!! …[etc]… YOU PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!!
*She stands up and starts pointing wildly at the audience*
Ryoka: “YOU PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!! PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!!!! YOU PIGS!!!!!”
*instantly switches back to her normal voice*
Ryoka: “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you. That was all Satsuki!”

"Are there traits of your character that you can see in yourself?"
Ryoka: “Hmmm…”
Ami: “You look like Satsuki.”
Ryoka: “Yes, I do have rather thick eyebrows. ”
Kazuki Nakashima: “I think the entire cast is quite similar to their characters.”
Ami: “What?? I’m not gangster!!”
Kazuki: “You’re the most gangster of us all!”

"What was one difficult part of voice acting?"
Ryoka: “There were times when I was really doubting myself and my ability to portray Satsuki. During those times, it was always the actors who play the Elite Four who really encouraged me and insisted that I was their Satsuki Sama.”
Ami: “Particularly Nonon?”
Ryoka: “Yes, especially Nonon. Nonon actually gave me a tool to help me sculpt my eyebrows.”

And a couple quotes from the artist Sushio. Because Sushio.

"So, what did you think of the English dub?"
Sushio: “I thought the animation was really great!”

"How did you come up with the outfit designs?"
Sushio: “I just sat there and meditated and then came up with it.”
*Ami stands up, gesturing to the rather revealing Senketsu that she’s wearing*
Ami: “You thought of this when you were meditating??”
Sushio: “Yup.”

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:22 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:"So, what did you think of the English dub?"

:lol:
Oh you fucking troll!

View Original PostFireball wrote:"How did you come up with the outfit designs?"
Sushio: “I just sat there and meditated and then came up with it.”
*Ami stands up, gesturing to the rather revealing Senketsu that she’s wearing*
Ami: “You thought of this when you were meditating??”
Sushio: “Yup.”

Seems an interesting branch of Buddhism Suchio adheres to!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

jimmiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby jimmiel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Oh, Christ, I'm dying.
Last edited by jimmiel on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qui veut faire l'ange fait la bête.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 am

"So, what did you think of the English dub?"
Sushio: "I thought the animation was really great!"

My sides have left the galaxy.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:40 am

:lol: Please, tell me the VAs of the english dub were there.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 pm

This was probably the greatest reason that I was sad for being unable to attend AX this year. Thanks for posting all about it, at any rate; at least I can get a general idea of it.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 pm

The plot of Kill la Kill summed up in 17 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xda64LfVOjQ

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Saw the KLK BDs at SDCC today. 44$ for four episodes? No thank you.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Strange that Fireball hasn't mentioned this (I think he hasn't), he's always up to date xD. I had heard about it some time ago but now I have something to share.
Fireball, you speak Japanese? :sniffle:
Do you know someody who does?
Well, anyways, GET HYPED!
KlK 25, and two days later an Eva 4.0 preview!

Read this fellow kill la killers, the way shall never be lost!

http://h0saki.tumblr.com/post/93787012765/klk-ova
http://h0saki.tumblr.com/post/93808208240/kill-la-kill-ova-talk-with-nakashima-full-size
Trigger is a paradise. Those Makos!

EDIT:
Oh, the actual poster!
SPOILER: Show

I think 25 will be placed before the credits of 24. Honnoji Academmy is still there, with the damage from Ryuko's fall, and...why is everyone wearing the clothes from the beginning? Oh yeah, and Satsuki has long hair.
And maybe I can share more stuff, but I'm really tired now. :um:

Did you know that apparently the guys at Pixar are Gainax fans? Some Gainax staff, including Sushio, visited Pixar, and Sushio made a KlK drawing for them at the Anime Expo. That's awesome.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 pm

I was about to mention it but apparently it doesn't say anything new.

It's about the graduation, in the original script at least the first half is about daily life while the second half is "full of battles", they had a tough time figuring out how to write Satsuki given that this is now after everything that happened in the series, and interestingly enough Satsuki and Ryuko don't talk that much in Ep #25. Also their original idea was to have a new enemy "wearbeasts" (a pun between wear and stuff like werewolves) but that idea got shot down.

Here is the full resolution of the OVA poster

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Return to “Studio Trigger”