Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks, Nuke! :D
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Also, because I have no idea how to do this, can somebody make me a gif of Ryuko slicing Nui's arms off?

TheDrmcvey
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TheDrmcvey » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:24 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:TheDrmcvey - wrong thread for those opinions, my little friend. If you want to recommend something, go to the Anime Recommendations thread. If you don't like an anime, you better have a good reason for saying so in a thread dedicated to it. While I don't mind if you hate Kill la Kill, I do mind how you go about saying that. The Gamagoori Ira of Evageeks.org has spoken!!!

I missed the scissor blade color change! Looks like I need a rewatch.

EDIT: Was AFK and missed the X-post.

Heart and soul? Seriously? How do you beat "heart and soul" in a series where people's fiber-infused hearts are pulled out of their chests? :hahaha:

On a more serious note, you really need to substantiate your opinions about Kill la Kill here. And this is not the Golden Time thread, it's the Kill la Kill thread. Take your recommendations elsewhere, or don't make them. Don't spoil our fun.

I'm surprised that people so far have been this offended by my comments over a show like this. Alright, if you all like it then fine, I won't post on this thread any more about it. I just haven't been given any good reasons as to why people like it so far. That's what I'm trying to figure out over its 22-episode run. The fact that it has trouble balancing comedy and drama is frustrating to watch. Heck I've seen One Piece do better, and that's a long-running shonen for crying out loud. Peace.
Eva Rebirth

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:37 pm

View Original PostTheDrmcvey wrote:The fact that it has trouble balancing comedy and drama is frustrating to watch.

For the first four episodes, I would agree with you, but honestly it got much better from there IMO. Show's been handling the juggling act so much better now.

And I don't want to sound like a reactionary twat, but Golden Time looks like your run of the mill faceless moe crap to me. Maybe you should just stick with that while the rest of us here enjoy Kill la Kill.

View Original PostTheDrmcvey wrote:I'm surprised that people so far have been this offended by my comments over a show like this.

No one's offended at all, pal. You're the one who seems to be overreacting here a little.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 am

I watched 6 episodes. I'm going to watch Gurren Lagann and then I'll go through this.

I'm going to say two things:

1-I'm loving Ryuko in a Goku kind of way and that's AWESOME!
2- NUDIST BEACHHHHHH!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 am

Well, he says he won't be posting here again, so we needn't bother about him or his opinions.

And confirmed - the scissor really does turn red. Things look to be going well now, in fact!

SPOILER: Show

Mako's return to fight club president was laugh-out-loud funny, and I love the way crazy Nui works on Shinra Koketsu using her mouth while screaming death threats against Ryuko and Satsuki. Ragyo answering her cell phone while on the giant flying original life fiber airship and then saying "My, I have such troublesome teenage daughters" was hilarious too.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:The Gamagoori Ira of Evageeks.org has spoken!!!

One of the mods needs to have a Gamagoori avatar. Stat.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:22 am

Red is the color of blood, obviously- but what significance does the color purple have, I wonder? Why would Nui's half of the blade be that?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 am

Funny enough, I thought that the blade was blue in its first appearance. I have the impression that the blades are designed to synch to the users in some form, so maybe Isshin meant the scissor to be used by Satsuki and Ryuko together. If Satsuki grabs hold of one half of the scissor and uses it, is it likely to turn blue? Anyway, we'll know about this for sure in another two weeks.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Red is the color of blood, obviously- but what significance does the color purple have, I wonder? Why would Nui's half of the blade be that?

Red represents arteries and purple/blue represents veins, someone posted something about this a while back, though it wasn't referring to the scissors but to the ED of episode 15 (If my memory is correct), but it's safe to assume that the same theme applies to the scissor blades.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:33 am

@Ursus: What would be the point of splitting the scissors up, though? Ryuko and Satsuki can already dual-wield their respective weapons- Satsuki with her Bakuzan-Gako and Bakuzan-Koryu, and Ryuko with both halves of the Rending Scissors. While it would be cool to see Satsuki with a scissor blade, I don't think it would make that much sense for it to happen.

However, that's not to say that I don't agree with your theory. The only thing I might note is that when Nui is using the scissors on Matoi, they both seem to be the same color. Regardless of exactly what color it is (damn that monochrome!), they would show a difference in color.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:38 am

Why split the blades? Rule of cool, or some other poorly explained factor - like maybe Satsuki and Ryuko complement each other when it comes to destroying life fibers? I'm not sure about this, but it's the only explanation I can really think of. (Come to think of it, do any closeups of Satsuki show those "dharmachakra" eyes in 22? I really haven't been paying enough attention lately!)

You're right about the scissor not changing color when Nui's holding it, but why does the one Nui had change color when Ryuko holds it? I'm convinced that there's some kind of "synchronization" factor involved here - because the color wouldn't change for the heck of it.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am

I didn't see any. Maybe somebody with sharper eyes than mine did, but it may have simply been an error on par with Tsumugu hearing Senketsu. I say "error" with the loosest of connotations to the meaning- I mean that they did it without thinking.

Also, lel:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:37 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:You're right about the scissor not changing color when Nui's holding it, but why does the one Nui had change color when Ryuko holds it? I'm convinced that there's some kind of "synchronization" factor involved here - because the color wouldn't change for the heck of it.

My personal theory is that the scissors do a sort of "synchronization" with the wielder's Life Fibers : Nui's blade is purple, and when she pulled out her heart to show it to Ryuko, the Life Fibers were colored purple too, so for me that means that purple is the natural color of her Life Fibers(probably a side-effect of her "defective" nature mentioned in episode 21), so when she wield the scissor blade, after some time they turned purple too, had Nui managed to keep Ryuko's blade for a couple minutes more, I'm sure that it would had turned purple too.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 am

For your amusement  SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 am

I actually cannot handle how based this show is. I was literally flailing around in my seat the whole episode.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:31 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Also, because I have no idea how to do this, can somebody make me a gif of Ryuko slicing Nui's arms off?

I didn't see any. Maybe somebody with sharper eyes than mine did, but it may have simply been an error on par with Tsumugu hearing Senketsu. I say "error" with the loosest of connotations to the meaning- I mean that they did it without thinking.

What you are looking for is the word red herring. Tsumugu hearing Senketsu was a classic case of making us guess in the wrong directions but it was not without purpose. It showed that Senketsu's protective instinct was so great that it could overcome the limits for a split second. It's a typical anime moment when a bond triumphs over the logical. It also made Tsumugu's question his hatred whether clothes and human can work together. Granted, they never went much into this, it's more a case of projecting his grief but has now come to accept them as comrades in arms.

The scene with Satsuki's eyes is so inconspicuous that it could very well be just an animator error that will be fixed in the BD release, however it could turn out to be a clever foreshadowing. We will have to wait and see.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:16 am

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:And I don't want to sound like a reactionary twat, but Golden Time looks like your run of the mill faceless moe crap to me. Maybe you should just stick with that while the rest of us here enjoy Kill la Kill.

Golden Time is actually a very good show, but comparing it to Kill la Kill is the height of absurdity. It's not even a quality issue -- they're two completely different genres, so it's like comparing apples to peanut butter. It's silly.

OT: New ep was great, everything we wanted and more. Hope Trigger gives us that rarest of things in anime, a good ending!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 am

Even without seeing Nui's heart or Ryuko's heart and the life fibers associated with them, the colors purple and red are associated with Nui and Ryuko, in that order. Don't forget Nui's eyepatch!

Since we've already theorized that Satsuki might have dormant life fibers inside her from the previous life fiber experimentation and that these could be activated, she might synch with her blade to turn it blue. Pure speculation, but plausible.

I looked again - Nui's battle with Isshin is all red-tinted so I can't say for sure what color that blade is, but the silhouette of Nui seen in Episode 1 (which is unmistakably her) has a scissor blade that's light blue. Not purple, but light blue. And to add to the trolling, the OP has two identical blades (one red, one light purple) cutting a life fiber.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 am

Ok it looks like the question of how Nui couldnt regenerate her eye may have been answered here. She really shouldnt have been so suprised at how badly she got disarmed if that was the case though. I'm half expecting her to cut off Reis arms and use them herself.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Studio Trigger”