Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:49 pm

^ Definitely excited for Gundam X! :D

Just now, I finally saw the first episode of Build Fighters the original. I have to admit that I misjudged the series as a whole due to the Gunpla angle possibly not being a serious storyline much like the usual Gundam fare. But then again, serious minded war stories that Gundam put out have tended to fail impressing me, just look at Reconguista. I do have a nitpick in that while it was swell to see arrogant Sazaki knocked off his high horse by Reiji, it beats the whole purpose of Sei trying to become a better Gunpla pilot but I am coming into this show with no spoilers so I might be seeing Sei get his confidence some other time. Oh and obviously Rinko is a hot as hell MILF made even better by having her voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi. ^_^
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:52 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Just now, I finally saw the first episode of Build Fighters the original. I have to admit that I misjudged the series as a whole due to the Gunpla angle possibly not being a serious storyline much like the usual Gundam fare. But then again, serious minded war stories that Gundam put out have tended to fail impressing me, just look at Reconguista. I do have a nitpick in that while it was swell to see arrogant Sazaki knocked off his high horse by Reiji, it beats the whole purpose of Sei trying to become a better Gunpla pilot but I am coming into this show with no spoilers so I might be seeing Sei get his confidence some other time. Oh and obviously Rinko is a hot as hell MILF made even better by having her voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi. ^_^

Yep, Build Fighters is a very good show. One of the best Gundam shows ever, actually.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Reconguista's Mark Ishii got married recently:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... age/.99484
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:00 pm

After the release of X and ZZ, which title would y'all like to see released stateside? Myself, I am hoping for Wing so I can finally give it a proper go after last watching it on Toonami and missing the final episode. I'd also like to see SEED released as well.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:After the release of X and ZZ, which title would y'all like to see released stateside? Myself, I am hoping for Wing so I can finally give it a proper go after last watching it on Toonami and missing the final episode. I'd also like to see SEED released as well.

The only two shows I still want are SEED and G. I guess 00 would be nice too.

I suspect G will be in the fall and SEED in the summer of 2017.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:After the release of X and ZZ, which title would y'all like to see released stateside? Myself, I am hoping for Wing so I can finally give it a proper go after last watching it on Toonami and missing the final episode. I'd also like to see SEED released as well.

You have to keep mind a few things. The first is that they still need to release Victory yet, so that will probably come first (personally, I would like to see a few episodes first to make sure I want it as I've heard bad things about it). The second is that IBO would be released in the next year or so over here, so it would complicate some matters. The third is that Sunrise is now releasing titles that already have been released by Bandai and still available, so they need to determine what titles would be in the most demand for a rerelease. What demand there would be are from those that will either upgrade to bluray where possible or never got the chance to get the Bandai sets. In my case, I'm focusing on the new releases first before I upgrade, and it would only be for a few select titles.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 am

I will definitely get IBO when it's released, but I agree that Victory obviously has to come first.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:21 pm

I received the latest Right Stuf magazine in the mail yesterday and the newsletter said that among the Gundam titles that are to be released besides the ones already mentioned, Victory and Evolve are still in the list for 2016. So I guess after that, we must wait for 2017 to get other series.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:52 pm

RIP GaliGali

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 pm

^The death flags are definitely rising.

Speaking of rising.... Raise Your Flaaaag~~

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:18 am

Gotta say, when this show started, I would never have predicted that the final climatic battle for Earth and Mars would take place in Edmonton, Alberta of all places. :lol: Even looks like downtown Edmonton, altho there no such mountain range on the outskirts, that would be Calgary.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Gotta say, when this show started, I would never have predicted that the final climatic battle for Earth and Mars would take place in Edmonton, Alberta of all places. :lol:

Haha, yea I was thinking something similar. Episode 24 may have been my favorite of the series so far, and while watching it I was thinking about the series as a whole and how I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, though it's not as if I thought it was going to be crap in the beginning or anything. Gonna miss watching it on Sunday afternoons.

Ep. 24 spoliers
SPOILER: Show
Definitely a bummer to see the girl pilots and Norba defeated by Ein and his super evil looking mobile suit. Go Barbatos next week!
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Ordered the first BluRay volume of Zeta through Amazon today. Should arrive in a few weeks. I have heard the stories of mass deaths and overall glum mood surrounding the series so should I decompress afterwards with something light and campy? :think:

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Ep. 24 spoliers
Definitely a bummer to see the girl pilots and Norba defeated by Ein and his super evil looking mobile suit. Go Barbatos next week!

I don't think they're dead are they?

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:09 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:

I'd be very shocked if the grey-haired girl is still alive
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:33 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:so should I decompress afterwards with something light and campy? :think:
Having previously watched Ideon, the closing act of Ζ came over to me as comparatively restrained for "kill 'em all" Tomino. I'm told that if you follow straight on to ΖΖ, just like it aired, you do get some mood whiplash.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 pm

hui43210 wrote:
I'd be very shocked if the grey-haired girl is still alive

I think the grey haired girl(Azee) for sure is dead, and I'd assumed that Lafter was dead because of the blood spray that was shown when Ein got her with that drill weapon, but that one could definitely just be an assumption I made while watching that I turned into a truth in my mind. I think Norba is probably still alive since Ein never actually was able to go through with destroying his cockpit(right?), but I could also see him being pretty injured in that jacked up mobile suit. I hope he's alright though, he was one of the cooler characters.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:46 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote: I'm told that if you follow straight on to ΖΖ, just like it aired, you do get some mood whiplash.

It's true. ZZ was designed on purpose to be a lighter piece meant for younger audiences.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:55 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:It's true. ZZ was designed on purpose to be a lighter piece meant for younger audiences.

The biggest adjustment you have to make is the characters turning into comical goofs an hour after the final battle of Zeta. It's a really bizarre transition, but I can't lie, I love ZZ. :D Not everything needs to be EVA level grimdark......... Thats what Victory is for......... But Victory is in many aspects even more batshit than ZZ.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:01 pm

just a flesh wound

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl