More "you never see this stuff just once"

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Reichu wrote:(when no other Evas are ever transported via jumbo jet in so lamely nonaerodynamic a manner) feels like one of the more pointless examples of Pointless Religious Symbolism. )

Eh...the "pointlessness" could just be merely forshadowing of what's to befall Eva-03, and the whole connection with "Adam"(in the new viewers mind) on the cross.
I just that would seem significant if one were to actually watch the series in the correct order, spoiler free, something I didn't do for numerous tiring reasons...
Other then that, besides to look cool & visual alluring, one useless self-concocted possiblity could be that the transport team may have perhaps been a little Eva wary, considering what happened to Eva-04, and maybe... they didn't want her on the plane....Image <grasping>

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 03:48 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

CanonRAP wrote:They're all experiencing pleasure and pain??

d00d. They've all, like, got a chick on top. Uh, huh huh huh.

Well, Gendo sort of pushes that. But Yui's going to, like, take him into herself presently. (...I think.) It's kind of sexy in a twisted sort of way. Image

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 03:54 PM

CanonRAP [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CanonRAP [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Reichu wrote:Generally, #17 and #18 were pretty straightforward, so having this giant cross, out of nowhere, improbably hanging off the bottom of a jumbo jet to transport an Eva (when no other Evas are ever transported via jumbo jet in so lamely nonaerodynamic a manner) feels like one of the more pointless examples of Pointless Religious Symbolism. ...

It was fairly odd that San was transported this way, across an ocean, when Nigouki was brought to Japan via the UN fleet. Maybe they just felt that there could possibly another underwater Angels?

Or, of course, it's just religious symbolism [\/] ...

Magami No ER wrote:Eh...the "pointlessness" could just be merely forshadowing of what's to befall Eva-03, and the whole connection with "Adam"(in the new viewers mind) on the cross.
I just that would seem significant if one were to actually watch the series in the correct order, spoiler free, something I didn't do for numerous tiring reasons...

Other then that, besides to look cool & visual alluring, one useless self-concocted possiblity could be that the transport team may have perhaps been a little Eva wary, considering what happened to Eva-04, and maybe... they didn't want her on the plane....

I don't think being on the outside of the plane makes any difference as to being inside when inverse space* swallows the entire thing anyways Image.

And I find that in general, Eva-aerial-insertions are damn cool ("Look, another use for the shoulder pylons!") The Ryousanki being brought in on the underside of specialized stealth 'bombers' was kickass.

*Did I confuse it for something else, or is this what the Dirac Sea is? (I looked it up a while ago, but forgot...)

EDIT: I fixed your quote's name Image.

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 04:23 PM

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Yay, another Megami...always in the Eva forum. =P

<I didn't think it would make a difference either, but you know Lilium and their Eva fears, futile as their efforts are...>

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 04:40 PM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Eva-02 already had a pilot, and she was traveling with the Eva. In the event of an angel showing up, they'd be prepared.

Eva-03 didn't have a trained pilot and the U.S. Nerv branch seemed to want to get rid of it considering what happened with Eva-04. Perhaps the plane ride was an attempt at both getting it to a sync test with pilot ASAP as well as minimizing the exposure of an unprotected Eva. If Eva-03 was transported via water, it would take a lot longer.

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 05:14 PM

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Ornette wrote:If Eva-03 was transported via water, it would take a lot longer.

Air transport one thing - but compare EVA-01 in ep#7 and the harpies in EoE.

Reichu wrote:It's kind of sexy in a twisted sort of way. Image

For vore fetishists, at the very least. Image

Originally posted on: 06.26.2006, 10:10 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Air transport one thing - but compare EVA-01 in ep#7 and the harpies in EoE.

They were transported by air in a rather more aerodynamically efficient manner... But I can't tell what point you're making here.

For vore fetishists, at the very least. Image

Are you implying something, sir? Image

It does seem a bit strange that an implied reunion between Yui and Gendo would be carried out by having her 'appear to him' as a "freaky EVA-01" and bite off his upper half -- leaving the rest behind with guts hanging out, as if to let you know that, yes, he really DID get the chomp. But perhaps I shouldn't get ahead of myself...

Originally posted on: 06.27.2006, 10:40 AM

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Reichu wrote:But I can't tell what point you're making here.

That EVA-03's arrangements were neither the first nor the last time an Evangelion was airlifted - but is the wonkiest.

Originally posted on: 06.27.2006, 12:36 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Hey, look, it's a chibi Bookends Rei. :phear:

Compare:

Originally posted on: 07.17.2006, 12:19 PM

TS-Scorpio [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TS-Scorpio [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 pm

^Notice how each Rei is more aged/"evolved"/"supernatural".
Rei I walked in.
Rei II is older and appeared/disappeared out of nowhere.
Rei III not only appeared/disappeared out of nowhere, but she's hovering.

Originally posted on: 07.26.2006, 06:44 AM

Supercat [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Supercat [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 pm

TS-Scorpio wrote:^Notice how each Rei is more aged/"evolved"/"supernatural".
Rei I walked in.
Rei II is older and appeared/disappeared out of nowhere.
Rei III not only appeared/disappeared out of nowhere, but she's hovering.

Holy crap, I never noticed she was hovering in that last pic... I guess it's good to pay attention...

Originally posted on: 07.26.2006, 08:22 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Supercat wrote:Holy crap, I never noticed she was hovering in that last pic... I guess it's good to pay attention...

Even if she wasn't, she'd still be standing on a liquid, which is also supernatural Image
I was going to say something clever about the chibi Rei bookend being her first chronological appearance, but I thought about it for a second and realized that it isn't.

I for one, would love to have actual bookends modeled after the Rei bookends... that'd be freakin' sweet.

Originally posted on: 07.27.2006, 07:44 AM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”