Evangelion Clue is Complete! (spoiler-free)

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am

Yeah, I think there is some kind of concurrent download limit, so if it doesn't work, wait and try again.
But the fact that people are downloading is a good sign.
And I had a feeling people might like the rules. Image If I weren't so lazy I'd have rewritten them from scratch instread of just replacing words and adding comments, but it's all good.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 04:44 PM

The Opinionator [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Opinionator [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

Are the images in the PDF file really high enough resolution to print out on a board so that it doesn't look pixelated?

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 05:09 PM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

I haven't gotten to print it yet. I think it's more likely to look slightly fuzzy rather than pixelated, but in any case that depends on how big you print it (and how sensitive your eyes are to such things). If you print it at 100% size, there shouldn't be a problem, I don't think. If anyone's tried it, let us know. I think it should be okay.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 05:22 PM

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

Glad to see it's finished! Image Maybe as an alternate center image you could use the "Tupac" image from the old Food Court item... Image

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 09:12 PM

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

Anyone actually play this yet? I'd love to, but I have no friends. Because I cheat. And blame others for my cheating

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 09:24 PM

The Eva Monkey [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

PronsAmuro wrote:Anyone actually play this yet? I'd love to, but I have no friends. Because I cheat. And blame others for my cheating

I know... Jerk.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 10:57 PM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Okay, so I had somebody print it out, and it came out, like, super tiny. Like, Travel-Size. It works, I suppose, but the tiny pawns were very hard to assemble, and I imagine it'll be tricky to play with a board that size that isn't magnetic or anything. So I made an Xtra Large version, which uses 4 pages for the board, to waste even more of your ink and paper, hooray. Perhaps I'll be able to take it to Kinko's or something to print it... Anyway, here you go:
no pdfs! Same spoiler warning again.
I'm done now, I swear. I may get a chance to play it saturday (multi-club dork convention happening at my college) so I'll let you know how it works.
Edit: Screw PDFs.
It comes out a million percent better if you print it as individual jpegs and let the computer scale it. This zip is the end of it, so help me.
http://rapidshare.de/files/18544467/...final.zip.html
No idea how it'll look in color, but I did a test page in B&W and it seems to look exactly like it should, no pixellation, clean lines, clear textures, all good. So do me a favor and throw all the pdf versions onto a pile and burn them. Zips and jpegs are where it's at, yo. Accept no imitations.

Originally posted on: 04.21.2006, 12:34 AM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

You have any place you plan to host this permanently? I could put it in the omake section of my poor, neglected FGC site*, if you like. Image

I actually wish I had been paying more attention while you were putting it together -- instead of staring into space like Osaka -- since my image archives are ... uhhhh ... Image ... well, I probably could have helped. If nothing else, I insist that you let me provide a replacement image for the N2 Mine! Onegai! (Was the JPEG compression on the original that extreme, out of curiosity?)

* FGC: "You made me feel wanted once, Mother! But you abandoned me! You betrayed me!! You betrayed me and my feelings!"

Originally posted on: 04.21.2006, 01:55 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Yes, by all means, put up that .zip I just posted. (or wait until it's done, as apparently it isn't... Image ) I'd actually very much appreciate a permanent host for the thing.
Yeah, it would have been nice to have a decent n2 mine image. If I hadn't been so lazy, I could have gotten one myself from the DVD, but instead I went with the quick route of google image search.
It's a shame you had to make that offer just as I was cursing the name of this project and swearing I wouldn't touch it again XD
How are your graphics skills? Feel like fixing the card and token yourself? Image
Otherwise, just post a couple replacement pics for the n2 mine, and anything else you have that might help (got any top-views of potted plants? Image ), and against my better judgement I'll update yet another incarnation of this cursed game tomorrow. Image
Don't take my tone to seriously, it's just the .psd business has me quite irritated at the project.

Originally posted on: 04.21.2006, 02:06 AM

Polaryzed_123 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Polaryzed_123 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

LuigiHann, I commend you for your diligence. It will pay off in the end (no matter how crazy it makes you Image )

Originally posted on: 04.21.2006, 07:39 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Okay, I got it printed at Staples, so therefore, it's now officially done. Therefore, you're welcome to host it on your websites if you want, as long as you don't modify the .zip (it's a couple posts up from this one), and you give me credit. Hope everybody likes it, I'll post pictures of the printed board once I ... get some pictures of it.
It did come out a little bit pixelly, but mostly because it's like 17x17, which is a bit bigger than it will be if you print it on your regular printer, I think.

Originally posted on: 04.22.2006, 06:42 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Well, unfortunately, I ended up taking way too long on something (AGAIN), but, just in case...

http://www.evageeks.org/temp/19_C208_b.jpg
http://www.evageeks.org/temp/19_C208_e.jpg

I got caught up trying to fix a DVD frame-nabbing problem that's been annoying me for eons. Of course, the solution I found has a problem that my old program didn't. Image

But, uhhh, irrelevent. If you're done and you never, ever want to touch the thing again, you can PM me or something, and work out the final details, 'n stuff.

Originally posted on: 04.23.2006, 03:26 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Aw, geez. I appreciate it, but yeah, I had them print it (and laminate and mount it Image), and on paper, the N2 mine really doesn't look any worse than the other cards (they all came out a bit grainy, but the lamination makes up for it by making the colors look really vivid and professional). Thanks, though. I'd have waited longer but there was a games night earlier that I wanted to have the game finished by. I got to play it with a bunch of people, it was quite fun, actually.
I need to get somebody with a nice digital camera to give a better sense of how good it looks, but here's a couple crappy webcame pics just for fun:
Also, when I say "It's done" what I probably mean is, "the files I'm realeasing to the internet are done." The fact is, this summer I'll probably make unique tokens out of clay, because I'm that kind of dork. Image
But yeah, this zip is the final incarnation that I'm uploading, so go ahead and put that on the FGC site (and anywhere else that Eva/Clue fans will be likely to find it), I'd appreciate that very much Image

Originally posted on: 04.23.2006, 04:41 AM

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

The fact is, this summer I'll probably make unique tokens out of clay, because I'm that kind of dork.

Go! Go forth and conquer! Image

Originally posted on: 04.23.2006, 08:16 PM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Finally, I got a digital camcorder, which can take much better pics than the webcam. Still doesn't compensate for my poor photography skills tho
I'm not crazy about how the clay peices turned out, but they'll do, for now. I should ask my engineering major friends if any of their colleges have those 3D model printers...

Originally posted on: 08.10.2006, 03:53 PM

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

LuigiHann wrote:I'm not crazy about how the clay peices turned out, but they'll do, for now.

I wouldn't be too had on yourself. I mean, the Chibi-Rei was a little hard to identify at first but all things considered, it turned out far more badass than I expected. But then again, I have little faith in humanity.

If I had to rate Eva Clue on a scale with 1 being not-so-extreme and 10 being extremely-extreme, I'd give it a 9.5.

Y'know, I lol'ed when I read "Gendo's Office... Sneak into Misato's Apartment". I think Re-Death is to blame.

Originally posted on: 08.10.2006, 04:52 PM

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Have you brought this to any conventions or anything yet? Methinks it'd be a hit.

Originally posted on: 08.10.2006, 11:03 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

"Sneak into hospital room"... OHHHHhhhhh my.

(luigihann check pm kthxbye Image )

Originally posted on: 08.11.2006, 12:06 AM

Marduk [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Marduk [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am

Awesome-ness!
Anyone still got those PDFs?
the old ones expired...

Originally posted on: 08.12.2006, 09:37 PM

Animematt55 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Animematt55 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am

How about Evangelion monopoly or something?

Originally posted on: 08.12.2006, 09:40 PM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”