Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Anything specific? Any previous editing experience?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm

I would like to contribute to the wiki. I think I could start on some articles about the vehicles and aircraft in the anime.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 am

I, Knightmare and Cody have been at it for a long, long time!

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Warships_in_Evangelion
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Real_World_Vehicles

And if you mean to create individual pages for vehicles and aircraft, that's out of the question too - the amount of content needed to create a full article would belong on a wiki for aircraft or vehicles, not for Evangelion.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:20 pm

I was talking about the fictional ones-- the VTOL fighters, the Eva carrier planes, etc.
edit: Ah, never mind, I see you've got that covered too.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

CodeWarrior
Embryo

Wiki account

•      
  •      

Postby CodeWarrior » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to request a wiki account (I don't think I have one, but I might be mistaken).

In this case, I thought I might add to the analysis section of the Episode 08 page.

Codewarrior

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:25 pm

What exactly do you intend to add?

CodeWarrior
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CodeWarrior » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:04 am

After re-watching Asuka Strikes (Ep 08) I thought it was odd that Gendou remarks that Unit 02 is enroute from Sasebo port (in Nagasaki prefecture). While on the carrier, during the planning for the operation to defeat the angel, the map layer used underneath is of Old Tokyo (actually Yokohama) as evidenced by the street layout and buildings matching exactly (even now). In the schematic, the ships are moving from North to South. Finally the ships deliver Unit 02 in New Yokosuka (which was previously Odawara, to the east of Hakone/Tokyo III). This means that the ships embarked from Sasebo and either sailed past Hakone/Tokyo III or went around Japan from the north. One could argue that perhaps the sea level change had provided a new straight through the middle of Honshu, but the coastlines of Japan as showin in the earlier episode 06 shows that the coastlines are marginally different from reality.

It would have taken some work to draw the map of sunken Tokyo for that operation schematic, so I would expect it to be there on purpose. I find it odd that the fleet goes over Tokyo on its way to Tokyo III.

Code Warrior

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:05 am

Check your inbox.

CodeWarrior
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CodeWarrior » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:55 pm

If you were referring to me, I do not see any new messages in my inbox.

CodeWarrior

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Probably a spelling error in the email ID - I'm resending it to you.

Andrzej
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Andrzej » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello.

I'd like to request a wiki account. To be perfectly honest, my reason to do so is mainly out of OCD-ness. When reading the articles, sometimes I came across little typos, punctuation and grammar mishaps, outdated external links and formatting issues like missing line-breaks, awkward picture placements, etc. that I'd like to promptly correct and it's somewhat annoying not to be able to.

Edit: Mail received. Thanks a lot.
Moderation in all things, including moderation.

ifrit117
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ifrit117 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi!

I'd like to request a wiki account. My main motivation for making a forum account on evageeks is because I want to improve the wiki.

I've always used wikis to dive into a series and fandom, and the evageeks wiki is no exception. At the moment there are a lot of articles that are marked for cleanup, that are poorly organized, missing photos, etc. After lurking the wiki/forum for a while, it seems like no one has taken ownership of these articles to make these improvements. It's something that I would like to pick up and improve on as a contribution to the evageeks community.

My wiki experience is mostly minor edits over at Wikipedia and Wikia.
1-800-DAIJOUBU
1-800-DAIJOUBU
1-800-DAIJOUBU
1-800-DAIJOUBU

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Check your inbox.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 am

I would like to request a Wiki account.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 am

Eh? You've had a wiki account ever since August 29, 2009 - which is to say, you got yours almost exactly six years ago and your first edit was August 30 - six years ago to the day!

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Special:Contributions/Squall.leonhart

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 am

Huh! I forgot.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Split a long and troublesome tangent off to the Graveyard where it won't be an eyesore. This thread is open for business as usual.

wingar
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wingar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 am

Hi,

Long term EGF lurker and long time user of the wiki; I'd like to request a wiki account with the intention of improving certain areas and keeping certain pages up to date (For example the American and Japanese Video Release pages I wanted to update)

blast335
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby blast335 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:43 pm

can i please have a wiki account

View
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby View » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 am

I am looking forward for a Wiki Account, I have things to contribute for the NGE (Eva) Wiki

Regards
dig deeper

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”