Camrip / fansub news thread for Evangelion 2.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Camrip / fansub news thread for Evangelion 2.0 (NO SPOILERS)

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:55 pm

You know the drill. If there's news about camrips or fansubs for Eva 2.0, post it here, and without spoilers. Currently there's a full length camrip available and in decent quality, but as far as I know there are no subtitles out yet. If any news regarding better camrips / leaks / whatever and subtitles pops up, feel free to share.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Isn't the 2ch sub out?

mandatory bump
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

cambaprecoz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cambaprecoz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:27 pm

I went on THAT BOARD and saw what looke like subbed screenshots.
I spent 30 minutes asking for source on those subs.
I think I was trolled.
This signature for rent.

CATO
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CATO » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Full cam rip? I heard of a 20 min camrip only...

Link please!
"An Andalusian dog in Paris"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Only in your PM box, chum. Direct links in the public forum get nuked.

You can comb this for clues where to look (at risk of spoilers).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am

I didn't even need to look through the thread. Google gave me the right torrent on the first page. So people who can't find it, just use Google, it ain't that hard.

EDIT: Wow, I only watched about a minute or two of the camrip before I quit. I'll just say this: only watch it if you just can't wait, because dammmmnnn, the quality's lousy.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Eh?vangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eh?vangelion » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah, I could only view the first few minutes. The bright scenes are fairly well represented but darker ones are near completely indecipherable. What I DID see sure pumps me up, though!

Joe_Mo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Joe_Mo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:
EDIT: Wow, I only watched about a minute or two of the camrip before I quit. I'll just say this: only watch it if you just can't wait, because dammmmnnn, the quality's lousy.

Im sorry I registered just to tell you how unappriciative you sound. You really dont have a right to complain. you did know what you were getting yourself into right? or did you forget it was a cam rip? the quality wasn't that bad.

Next, you're watching a movie that just came out in Japan, for free.

the guy who did the rip risked his ass to get the camera in there and upload it.

I thought the quality (both audio and video) was fine, I could see everything that was going on. I understood on a very basic level what was happening. and I am very thankful for the uploader for volunteering his time and money putting it on the internet.

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

Joe_Mo wrote:
Iron Rooster wrote:

Im sorry I registered just to tell you how unappriciative you sound. You really dont have a right to complain. you did know what you were getting yourself into right? or did you forget it was a cam rip? the quality wasn't that bad.

the guy who did the rip risked his ass to get the camera in there and upload it.

I thought the quality (both audio and video) was fine, I could see everything that was going on. I understood on a very basic level what was happening. and I am very thankful for the uploader for volunteering his time and money putting it on the internet.

You are one dedicated Eva fan
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 am

Joe_Mo wrote:
Iron Rooster wrote:

I agree with everything you said.A guy risks his ass to get a pretty decent quality camrip of 2.0 for people to see,and you HAVE the nerve to complain about it?What about the guy who did this?He is a hero for this IMO.

thefeelingofikarishinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thefeelingofikarishinji » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:00 am

People are allowed to give their opinions about whether they like the quality of a camrip; that is called a review, not complaining. People here have the right to say whether they enjoyed the watching experience or not; just like we are entitled to pick apart Rebuild as much as we want; otherwise I guess this entire website could constitute "compalining" and should be shut down in favor of sites that mastubrate Anno 24/7. Whoever did the camrip should certainly have visited the internet/file sharing world by now, and be able to handle it.
It's difficult to live with people if you're fatuous; you'll understand that once you discover that you're ruined.

OKdesuKA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby OKdesuKA » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 am

Well yeah but even so crying isn't really going to help. Just wait for subs, I promise it will make everything 100% better. ;p

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 am

Just been watching the camrip. Absolutely - fucking - awesome.

Know I just need the subs. The ending, though, is astounding - the nightmare-fuel-ness of the visuals far outdoes EOE -
SPOILER: Show
I mean Jesus, Mari and Shinji pretty much transform into devils incarnate! I so cannot wait for a fansub - I do not regret watching this one bit!
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Just been watching the camrip. Absolutely - fucking - awesome.

--spoiler for ending--

USE SPOILER BOXES IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!  SPOILER: Show

*shielding eyes because of the word ending followed by the actual spoiler

Please use the spoiler boxes.

Whew... I almost saw...

Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 am

It doesn't actually spoil anything - just comments on the visual look (ie They don't actually turn into devils)

EDIT: Looks like someone's put a spoiler tag on it anyway - does no one listen to me?
Last edited by Indigo Arcangel on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 am

Joe_Mo wrote:Im sorry I registered just to tell you how unappriciative you sound. You really dont have a right to complain. you did know what you were getting yourself into right? or did you forget it was a cam rip? the quality wasn't that bad.

Next, you're watching a movie that just came out in Japan, for free

Okay asshole, the general idea of that comment was to let the people here who are wondering whether to download it or not get an idea of the video quality since over here a lot of people here have pretty high standards. BTW, I saw the camrip of the first film, and that was a lot better. Also, I like to buy my movies legit if possible, so camrips are my only option until Funimation decides to say "we're going to release 2.0". Honestly, I really am starting to see the viewpoint of those who'd rather just have a DVD/Blu-ray instead of a camrip. And BTW, it's probably more of a crime to accept the low quality of the video, considering that this is Eva, than to illegally camrip the film. And yes, I do give kudos to a guy who has the balls to sit in a theater with a video recorder. If you're still wondering if I'm unappreciative, I'm not but I feel that I do have the choice of waiting for the official home release.

Also, just signing up to post one comment is pretty stupid. If you're going to sign up, actually do something instead of just adding to the list of hundreds/thousands of never used accounts.

Oh and if you're still too stupid to get the idea, fuck you.

You'd be annoyed too if someone decided to shit on you when you're just trying to give an opinion that might help people make a decision on whether to see the camrip or not.
\/
Last edited by Iron Rooster on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 am

^ And people say I rage too much. :/

OKdesuKA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby OKdesuKA » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Seriously, the other guy wasn't even being vulgar with him at all lol.

cambaprecoz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cambaprecoz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:
Joe_Mo wrote:Im sorry I registered just to tell you how unappriciative you sound. You really dont have a right to complain. you did know what you were getting yourself into right? or did you forget it was a cam rip? the quality wasn't that bad.

Okay asshole, the general idea of that comment was to let the people here who are wondering whether to download it or not get an idea of the video quality since over here a lot of people here have pretty high standards. BTW, I saw the camrip of the first film, and that was a lot better. Also, I like to buy my movies legit if possible, so camrips are my only option until Funimation decides to say "we're going to release 2.0". Honestly, I really am starting to see the viewpoint of those who'd rather just have a DVD/Blu-ray instead of a camrip. And BTW, it's probably more of a crime to accept the low quality of the video, considering that this is Eva, than to illegally camrip the film. And yes, I do give kudos to a guy who has the balls to sit in a theater with a video recorder. If you're still wondering if I'm unappreciative, I'm not but I feel that I do have the choice of waiting for the official home release.

Also, just signing up to post one comment is pretty stupid. If you're going to sign up, actually do something instead of just adding to the list of hundreds/thousands of never used accounts.

You'd be annoyed too if someone decided to shit on you when you're just trying to give an opinion that might help people make a decision on whether to see the camrip or not.
\/

I love people like you who take time off their day just to say "Fuck You" to a total stranger.
:thumbsup:

(No, I'm not being sarcastic.)
This signature for rent.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:

\/

Joe Mo was being pretty fucking polite about his complaint. Stop menstruating all over the thread.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”