Eva 2.0 Trailer 2 (HQ)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
spidey401
Embryo

Postby spidey401 » Sat May 09, 2009 12:03 am

Just gets better and better.

Lagann wrote:...By the way,whats going on at 0:26 in the trailer?

I'm guessing it's the tunnel angel seen below based on where the eye holes are and it looks like it has a beak.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 09, 2009 12:16 am

ActionBastard wrote:I see nothing even remotely alluding to that in the trailer.

Uhhh....

Rebuild's take on the "mama" scene? for one thing...

And also:

I don't mean to say there will be actual unison training to defeat an Angel, but at any rate Rebuild seems to be using some elements from the series. (Why would Shinji or Asuka suddenly have to sleep in the same room when Misato has a two-bedroom apartment plus the large storage closet Shinji ends up using as a room?)

Interesting observation I mentioned in my last post:
Image The doll says "Asuka" in the left corner in English. I wonder if this is Kyoko's doll, or even what Asuka's stepmother gave her? Interesting... Based on the lighting and position of the image, I'm guessing it's Asuka holding that doll in the dark instead of say, a flashback to Kyoko, but who knows.

At one minute in, did the person in front of Rei (Kaji? Gendo?) fire a gun at her, or am I just seeing things? It looks like there's smoke...

Anyway, I'm really interested in where this film will be going. But is it just me, or is there a case of Engrish with the title for the BGM with trailer 2? "The final decision we all must take"?? Shouldn't that be "make"??
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Maximilian
Adam

Postby Maximilian » Sat May 09, 2009 12:26 am

Action_Bastard wrote:
Asuka/Shinji Unison training?

I see nothing even remotely alluding to that in the trailer.

"Photobucket"

Edit: SSD beat me to it.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Sat May 09, 2009 12:28 am

take means the decision is already made and not up to us, but that would make step a better word than decision

also someone has suggested the scene with Rei is refering to a scene from the manga where ritsuko gives Rei a physical and chokes her or something, as she has a stethoscope. That would make the black suit actually the back of her chair, and the smoke ritsukos coffee

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Image

datass

Also, the Rei getting shot thing...that'd be a pretty cool twist but I think it's coffee or tea.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Maximilian
Adam

Postby Maximilian » Sat May 09, 2009 12:40 am

I'd agree that Rei's probably not getting shot, even though it would be a really cool twist. If Rei III is a result of II getting capped, I'm for it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 09, 2009 12:43 am

Zappy-kun wrote:Also, the Rei getting shot thing...that'd be a pretty cool twist but I think it's coffee or tea.

You're probably right. :sweatdrop: Although Rei getting shot WOULD be a really interesting twist...

Maximilian: heh. Makes me wonder if we'd have to wait until a Rei 4 shows up before Rei would have Lilith's full soul ala Rei 3 in the series.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this earlier. Based on the fact there are all those storage boxes and how the room looks, it appears (from what I can tell from the trailer that is) that Shinji and Asuka are sleeping in Shinji's new room after Asuka moves in: the huge storage closet.

For reference:

(From here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Misato%27s_Apartment)

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:02 am

I'm just really really impressed with the artwork; if memory serves, it's quite a bit superior to the show's.

Also, there were two things that I thought were pretty cool that no one seemed to mention yet.
0:47 - The gun dispenser thing
0:49 - Asuka's sweet recovery after falling

Finally, does it seem to you guys that Asuka's expressions, especially her mouth, are a bit more...cartoony? than the others'? Or is it just that she's naturally more expressive than people like Rei and Shinji?
Gamer_2k4

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 09, 2009 1:39 am

The whole Israfel incident is not going to be in the films (too tonally different from the rest of Eva to fit into a movie narrative).

But I've known since Rei's grope moment in 1.0 was unchanged that we'd get Asuka's "Oh I've fallen asleep and my breasts are so good" was going to be in this film somehow.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Sat May 09, 2009 1:41 am

@SSD and others: Oops, I seemed to have messed things up with remembering events in the show. :doh: :pwnd: Just give me -10 internets today and ill be on my merry way. :shinchair:
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 am

Woah - awesome!

Jesus christ, I can just hear the A/S shippers screaming like rabid budgies!

Is it just me, or is this doll about 9000 times creepier than the one from the original series?
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat May 09, 2009 2:09 am

SSD: OMG our prayers were listening.
IA: Yeah I screamed.

BTW Asuka recovery after falling, just one word AWESOME.

Eric: Sorry Baby, I just Love Asuka and you know that. *chu*
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 am

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Or is it just that she's naturally more expressive than people like Rei and Shinji?

I'd say it's just the fact Asuka's naturally expressive compared to Rei and Shinji.

Gendo'sPapa wrote:The whole Israfel incident is not going to be in the films

I thought that was already a given with the fact we have 5 confirmed Angels...

Kana-chan wrote:SSD: OMG our prayers were listening.

Yeah they were! *squee* ^_^ Unless Anno is just being...Anno.

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat May 09, 2009 2:29 am

The landing sequence of Eva-02 seems good...but the city buildings are a little...strange...

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 am

Huh...totally got this feeling of animosity between Mari and Shinji during those last few seconds...

and then...

I dunno...just the way it was edited and with them sort of "looking" towards each other made me think that there may be a fight between Shinji and Mari.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 09, 2009 2:35 am

5 confirmed Angels but none as israfel.

From a filmmakers standpoint including Israfel in these films would be tantamount to killing the momentum in your own film. These films have to keep a similar tone to be effective and Anno has gone for the serious tone as shown in Film 1.0. Now when dealing with an episodic format having a 20 minute episode dedicated to silly character moments, cute montages, and a goofy battle involving "Perfect Synchronization" is fine. It's wonderful even, it's one of my favorite eps.

But in a film? Nah. You'd be talking about a 90 minute film where for 15-20 minutes the Serious Minded Tone of the First Film is replaced by wacky hijinks. And then once the "Wacky Hijinks" are over the film would dive right back into - "My best friend is in the machine I killed!" "Dad doesn't love me!" and "The World is ending".
Those 15 minutes of "Wacky Hijinks" would stand out as a sore thumb against the rest of the Rebuild saga and would overall hurt the entire series. As fun as it would be it would be like if the Godfather films decided to stop everything and have a 15 minute pie throwing/farting contest.

I'm 100% character elements of the Israfel incident will be moved into 2.0. Asuka will actively force herself to get closer to Shinji instead of being ordered to (pleasing the Shippers...and betraying the Non-Love that exists in NGE, but this is different, this is Rebuild and Shikinami) and there might even be a moment against the "Clock Angel" where she and Shinji work together in a similar manner to the Israfel incident.

But the whole let's dress up, dance on a Twister board, have cute little dances, and pirouette our way to victory would be so out of place in these films.

Of course to be fair, I'm only 100% certain Israfel won't be in the film because I trust Hideaki Anno, a great filmmaker who understands the necessity for tonal unity, has come to the same realization.

-As a side note I reread over the previous posts and realize there was just miscommunication. But regardless that's why I know Israfel itself won't be in 2.0.

- And as an even sider note (yes, grammatically incorrect) 2.0 is going to be tons of fun!

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby DummyPlug » Sat May 09, 2009 2:42 am

I hate to sink the ship but, why does everyone seem to believe that she (whoever is wearing the panties) entered there consciously. Asuka sleep walked the last time, how do you know she will not do it again? Notice she isn't covered by the sheets?
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat May 09, 2009 2:49 am

Captain_Morgan wrote:Image

Hmm...just noticed there appear to be tears forming in Shinji's eyes...as though he doesn't want to fight whoever he is currently fighting.

Of course, these two shots may not be in the same scene, and it could be when he is fighting Unit 04...but I dunno...

And yeah, like DP said, Asuka (or whoever may be sleeping with the striped panties) is lying on top of the covers, so it's likely just her sleep walking or some sort of excuse for Shinji to get a look at her breasts.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 am

That whole Mama scene (aside form the added panties shots) is most likely going to be reenacted verbatim from the series. Sleep walking and all. Gotta agree with you.

PS. Those shots of Mari and Shinji also seem to correspond with similar shots of Rei and Asuka at 1:05 and 1:06 respectively. And looking out the windows/visors/whatever of all four Eva's shows the same purple sky (and A.T. Field in Asuka's case) that corresponds to the moment Sahaquiel arrives.
So I'm pretty damn sure we have a new Eva that's going to play a role in defeating that Huggable Angel.

Provisional Evangelion Unit 05

This is of course (if true that is) great news for me because Sahaquiel was one of the few times in NGE when the three core Eva's worked perfectly together. By adding Eva Unit 05 and Mari into the mix it signifies to me that she's an actual integral part of the cast and not some "New Face" that will only feature in Short Cutaway scenes that don't touch too much into the plot. Like some bad case of Minimoose.
"What Mari? Oh yeah, she was there in NGE all the time!"
(Quick flashbacks of previous moments with a badly done Mari cut and pasted in the far background)

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 am

Blast...you're probably right.

I'm just really hoping for that whole Mari/Kaworu twin theory to be true...A/S all the way and God help Mari if she tries to destroy this

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”