Evangelion: Jo Rebuild game (PS2 & PSP)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:26 am

You're welcome. I wonder if purple is the air fleet like Eva2?
Oh, can people with the game confirm or deny the following please?
~Fully voiced?
~Is it series mixed with Rebuild or 2 seperate gameplay modes?
~Is Asuka "Soryu" or "Captain Shikinami"?
~Is Mari in the game at all? And how/when does Kaworu show up?
~Do you fight tunnel or clock angel from 2.0?
~Is there an Impluse/AT/Judgement Pluse system like Eva2?
I know the game's about Jo but I'm curious if it has any Ha elements. :wink:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 am

Yes Fully voiced though there are moments where theirs no voice.
As of right now I am (not) seeing any links to Eva Rebuild 2.0(maybe when I beat the game)

Purple? Airfleet?

Asuka Sohryu

Nope no Mari(shes hot) yet. kaworu im not sure, but a friend of mine believes shortly after leliel.(im not there yet so take that as some rumour)

no tunnel scene. chronology be damn no clock angel in sight.

theres a system there, where you get green points for characters(that makes them like you) Red makes them dislike you(There are a lot of option that are red...)

Ha?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:38 am

Ha=2.0 & Jo=1.0.
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: lol, that's kinda cool. In battles when attacking the enemy, the game uses the sound effects from Judgment Pluses with Eva2 (PSP port).
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 am

I like the Gerald Scarfe-like typeface that "EVANGELION" is written in.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:11 pm

A review of sorts about the game for the PS2 port. Apparently it was made for PSP THEN ported to PS2. @_@ http://www.ncsx.com/2009/060109/evangelion_jo_ps2.htm

Also, the opening scene(s) and first battle are up on Youtube. What's amusing is some sound effects and pictures from Eva2 are used in this game. :smirk: I can't wait to get this game, it sounds good so far.

Opening scenes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCaAWWI3ps

The first battle (this was already linked to in the thread): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJnlomDjeqE

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Dear God...Bardiel..S/he's a BEAST! I tried gunning, running, slashing, punching and kicking at him/her and all I got was a deactivated Eva with Shinji screaming at the top of his lungs. I couldnt even disable Her/his AT Field to cause damage....goddamned Japanese games with ridiculous dificulty levels, My Eva's should start in Dummy PLug mode after getting beat, but nooooo I have to fight the damn thing and win...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:39 pm

There isn't an options menu to set the pace of the battle like Eva2? Wow, what you described sounds tough.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:56 pm

There is an Option menu but I dont understand anything because its in moonspeak. Israfel would kill me in like two hits but I just had to dive out of the way and shoot at it in the back. bardy on the other hand..her weak point is her legs, once there damaged she'll stop jumping across the map, and charging you like a mad bull, but she regenerates in about approx. 110 seconds. She can SNAKE HER ARM AROUND BUILDINGS AND PULL YOU THROUGH GIVING YOU EXTRA DAMAGE, oh and best of all, she will attack weapon emplacments, your power nodes, your gun caches and any other thing you can use to help you. than she will resume leaping, grabbing, charging etc.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:00 pm

That sounds batshit insane. @_@ At least this game sounds interesting.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm

The Battle with Sahaquiel is kinda epic, your running around Tokyo 3 while saha-chan starts randomly nuking the city, and then starts trying to hit you, all this while NERV tries to triangulate WHERE she's gonna land(she changes position).

EDIT:More info so not to double post.

That Bitch Bardie is immpossible, I neutralize her AT Field and shoot at her legs and stuff and it has no effect, I dont understand why. Im gonna have to wait till someone plays the game and makes a guide. Also this game is rather unforgiving. oncew you get your ass kicked, you cant skip the NERV Destroyed sequence, you cant restart a battle once you lose it, and apparently once you buy a weapon pack, you cant get more UNTIL ALL THE WEAPONS AERE EQUIPED TO CACHES ABD USED OR DESTROYED! This game is unforgiving, WTF is it with Japanese games and ridiculous dificulty!? Im back to playing EVA2 the only problem I have with that game is the triangle, Circle and Cross thing wich gets realy fast i get realy nervous and I lose.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 am

I've been playing the PSP version for some days now.

The combat sections are great, specially when they do not consist of QTE, but of real-time combat. Maybe the better battles seen in any Evangelion game. The possibility of buying weapons and support facilities, as well as the simulation mode where you can face most Angels again (in many missions of increasing difficulty), are welcome additions too.

But the gameplay outside battles is like a watered down version of Evangelion 2, with pointless character interaction, very few locations, no basic necessities of your character, no items, no drinks or food... And you only control Shinji (which, after controlling most characters from the series in Evangelion 2, feels too simple). Even the system to advance in the story is boring, you just go to Misato's apartment and select to pass one day.

The subtitle "Jo" relating the game to the first movie of Rebuild is pointless, too. Apart from EVA-01, the first 3 Angels and the bar scene of Misato and Ritsuko, you can barely notice if the setting is the movie or the series. They cut out most of the memorable things from 1.0 (like Kaworu, visit to Lillith, Yashima preparations, red water...). They even re-use the artworks from Evangelion 2 most of the time, instead of going to full 3D like promised.

I can't understand why they've released this game, actually. Had they released a new version of Evangelion 2, implementing the new combat system and minor changes, it would have been much better. That, or waited until all the Rebuild movies were out so they could use the whole plot instead of mixing 1.0 with the series.

At least it's the easiest Evangelion game to play if you don't know any Japanese.
Last edited by Lleonard Pler on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Does not look to bad, I hate how they always make Shinji look so girl~y.

Is there a working Rom or download for this, if so privet message me. I wish to give this a spin.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Lleonard Pler: When you're not in battles, CAN Shinji at least wander around and interact with other characters that way? Is there a drop-down menu like Eva2 to talk with the characters?

That sounds...disappointing, especially considering it's not as Rebuild-ish as it could be (for instance, Asuka is NOT named Shikinami or a captain, correct? And Mari is nowhere to be seen as an extra character?). And here I was hoping it'd be just as good as Eva2. I still might buy it sometime down the road though.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:42 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Lleonard Pler: When you're not in battles, CAN Shinji at least wander around and interact with other characters that way? Is there a drop-down menu like Eva2 to talk with the characters?

Yes, you can wander around a few empty locations (you can't do anything there, unlike Evangelion 2, where you could at least sit down, eat, drink, go to the bathroom, watch TV, improve your skills in the tests...). No school, no park, no Rei's flat and no conbini-store, though.

And yes, you can talk to other characters using a drop down menu with very few options. But like I say, it's pointless, character interaction doesn't change the storyline or lets you watch alternate scenes or anything.

That sounds...disappointing, especially considering it's not as Rebuild-ish as it could be (for instance, Asuka is NOT named Shikinami or a captain, correct? And Mari is nowhere to be seen as an extra character?). And here I was hoping it'd be just as good as Eva2. I still might buy it sometime down the road though.

There's nothing from Rebuild that could enter in conflict with the original series. That means: no red water, no Kaworu in the Moon, no Mari, no mention to the Angels' numbers, no visit to Lillith, Asuka keeps her name...

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 am

Lleonard Pler wrote:I can't understand why they've released this game, actually.
$$$

I'm rather surprised that they waited till 2.0 to jump on the Rebuild bandwagon.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Does not look to bad, I hate how they always make Shinji look so girl~y.

Is there a working Rom or download for this, if so privet message me. I wish to give this a spin.

Here on Evageeks we Frown upon Piracy. if you wish to play this game, please purchase a Playstation Portable PSP handheld system with the Evangelion Jo UMD from playasia. Or Purchase The PS2 game instead(Playstation 2, and PS2 Import swap disk sold seperatly).

Thank You. And have a nice Day!

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 am

soljerameelguy wrote:
Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Does not look to bad, I hate how they always make Shinji look so girl~y.

Here on Evageeks we Frown upon Piracy. if you wish to play this game, please purchase a Playstation Portable PSP handheld system with the Evangelion Jo UMD from playasia. Or Purchase The PS2 game instead(Playstation 2, and PS2 Import swap disk sold seperatly).

Thank You. And have a nice Day!

Not to be rude but I mean which is worse, Piracy or selling drugs to kids..I know both are wrong and the Anime industry is losing money fast to people pirating things but when you pirate then buy it, no one loses and that is what I was going to do if I could sample this one. Anyway, back on topic...
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 am

Neither backseat modding nor piracy belong on this forum.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Lleonard Pler: Maybe I set my hopes too high, thinking it'd be like Eva2.... But, I might save up for it to get it, unless you'd say it is a total waste of money in regards to a game. I guess what I'm wondering is, would you say it's at least better then something like the GoS visual novels in terms of gameplay* (hard to compare apples to oranges, I know.)?

*Speaking of gameplay, I know screenshots on the actual website show you can get the Asuka/Shinji kiss scene(! Even Eva2 didn't have that!) and or shape your relationships to make characters blush around you and such...

liusyaoran
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby liusyaoran » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I'm such a noob for having this problem, but I can't get past the first fight against Sachiel. When it gets to the final command where EVA01 is on top of Sachiel and smashing it, what button is it asking for? I tried pressing everything but nothing worked.

Please help.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”