The "Sequel Theory" Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon May 26, 2008 4:44 pm

Yup, it's in middle of city ruins

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue May 27, 2008 1:07 am

But the blood of LCL could come from Adam as well. In "NGE", the sea in Antartica was red. While the sea was blue everywhere else. I think Anno wanted to correct that, and make the sea red in "Rebuild." Kinda like how Ridley Scott changed the blue sky into a darker sky color for the final cut of "Blade Runner." Something that Ridley wanted to correct, but didn't have the time, nor the money to do it at that time. Anno could be doing something simular.

Adam's blood isn't LCL, no matter which way you slice it. What makes LCL what it is is that it flows from Lilith's vergina.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm

That's the thing though--it's possible that that stuff just looks like LCL but is actually Adam's blood as well as the combined LCL of the people that died in 2I.

That's how I sorta see it at least.

(crap did that make sense? )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

Postby V » Wed May 28, 2008 9:39 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:That's the thing though--it's possible that that stuff just looks like LCL but is actually Adam's blood as well as the combined LCL of the people that died in 2I.

That makes sense, indeed in the original series the ocean in Antarctica also turned red. Also, the blood streak on the moon could plausibly be from the 2nd Lilith's menstruating, not from Rei/Lilith in EoE.

Frankly, I'm afraid of that, because the "sequel theory" is really cool. But also there's just more hints leaning towards the sequel theory, i.e. why is there a 2nd Lilith? We shall see...
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed May 28, 2008 10:00 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:That's the thing though--it's possible that that stuff just looks like LCL but is actually Adam's blood as well as the combined LCL of the people that died in 2I.

Unfortunately not. People weren't bursting into tang at 2I, they were being killed by global flooding and climate change, plus conflicts the world over. If Adam turned into a monster and then turned to blood, it would make sense...just don't include the poor Lilin denizens of planet Earth in the creation of that awful red stuff.

V wrote:Frankly, I'm afraid of that, because the "sequel theory" is really cool. But also there's just more hints leaning towards the sequel theory, i.e. why is there a 2nd Lilith? We shall see...

Hints? What hints? :um-no:

And besides, the series does not depend on one fan's interpretation of it. For the sequel theory we have one pinch conjecture and a gazillion tons of balderdash.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Ursus: But note how in episode 12 (IIRC) in the South Pole, Gendou and Fuyutsuki are in an LCL Sea (at least that's what it looks like, a screencap would be nice ;_; ) from the people that died in 2I.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Ursus: But note how in episode 12 (IIRC) in the South Pole, Gendou and Fuyutsuki are in an LCL Sea (at least that's what it looks like, a screencap would be nice ;_; ) from the people that died in 2I.

Yeahp, you're right, in the top-secret video you can hear that adam is making an anti-atfield, and then you see some clothing weaving arround in the wind.
*insert cool signature here*

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed May 28, 2008 3:37 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:
V wrote:Frankly, I'm afraid of that, because the "sequel theory" is really cool. But also there's just more hints leaning towards the sequel theory, i.e. why is there a 2nd Lilith? We shall see...

Hints? What hints? :um-no:

AND TOBI IS OBITO, NOT MADARA! Oops, wrong fandom...
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Wed May 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Hints? What hints?

And besides, the series does not depend on one fan's interpretation of it. For the sequel theory we have one pinch conjecture and a gazillion tons of balderdash

You know what would be really funny? If rebuild ended in a way that made it unclear whether or not this is a sequal and we were left debating it forever!. :kaos_akuma:
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Kurochi
Embryo

Postby Kurochi » Wed May 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Defectron wrote:You know what would be really funny? If rebuild ended in a way that made it unclear whether or not this is a sequal and we were left debating it forever!. :kaos_akuma:

The real funny thing is, anno would actually do this to us.

CURSE YOU ANNO!
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Hahaha, I can't believe I didn't think of that possibility. XD

At least, if that were the case, nobody would be forced to accept the fact that it's a sequel...

...at least, until the Wevangeliwons game comes out and Anno reveals that it actually is...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rodeo » Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 am

Defectron wrote:You know what would be really funny? If rebuild ended in a way that made it unclear whether or not this is a sequal and we were left debating it forever!. :kaos_akuma:

This will probably happen if Rebuild in factuality isn't a sequel.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 am

Everyone will keep believing this is a sequel to the series....

until the final film comes out and suddenly Anno makes it clear that REBUILD OF EVANGELION is against all logic...

A PREQUEL to Neon Genesis Evangelion!!!!!!!!!!!!

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Ursus: But note how in episode 12 (IIRC) in the South Pole, Gendou and Fuyutsuki are in an LCL Sea (at least that's what it looks like, a screencap would be nice ;_; ) from the people that died in 2I.

I noticed, I noticed. The ocean is all red, just like what happened to all of Earth post-3I. I'm questioning the idea that the Katsuragi expedition and various other unfortunate lifeforms were responsible for the change in color. It could have been voodoo by Adam that didn't spread beyond Antarctica- the whole area is void of microbial life, after all.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Thu May 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Everyone will keep believing this is a sequel to the series....

until the final film comes out and suddenly Anno makes it clear that REBUILD OF EVANGELION is against all logic...

A PREQUEL to Neon Genesis Evangelion!!!!!!!!!!!!

You win an Internet.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri May 30, 2008 1:27 am

i've never won an Internet. What do I do with it? Is it edible?

Evangelion217
Lilith

Postby Evangelion217 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:47 am

That's the thing though--it's possible that that stuff just looks like LCL but is actually Adam's blood as well as the combined LCL of the people that died in 2I

:thumbsup:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

"Komm Susser Todd" is the most up-lifting song about depression"- Evangelion217

It's stange that "Evangelion" became such a hit. All the characters are so sick!- Hideaki Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 am

I'm not sure how any of the people at ground zero would get turned into LCL, since they'd all be vaporized by Adam's explosion. Other organic life outside of the direct blast perimeter might go splat, though. But I wonder if LCL as we think of it would actually exist there at all, since Adam was reconfiguring some of the local elements on the submicroscopic level.

UrsusArctos wrote:The ocean is all red, just like what happened to all of Earth post-3I. I'm questioning the idea that the Katsuragi expedition and various other unfortunate lifeforms were responsible for the change in color.

Just a thin suspension of souls in some indeterminate fluid, I figured.

Offtopic for Webuild, so end it there I suppose.

The first movie is rather blatant with its hint that 2I involved Adam popping like a balloon of blood, so I don't think very much about similarities to NGE's 3I beyond Anno messing with us.

As for that chalk outline: Entry File 1 suggests that it has something to do with Second Impact. (Most I can get out of a quick glance.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 am

Well, as i said before...

In the top-secret video you can hear someone saying that adam is making an anti-ATfield, and then you see some clothing weaving arround in the wind.

yeah, i'm invisible *snif*
*insert cool signature here*

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm

No matter what the result of this argument, there will always be those people out there thinking they're right...
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”