Rebuild of Wevangeliwon #1 = September 1

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:15 pm

Reichu wrote:THERE ARE LIKE 15,000 PICTURES OF Rei. IN HOW MANY DOES SHE *NOT* LOOK "NICE"?

SERIOUSLY.

I love it when Reichu is like this :)
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:15 pm

NAveryW wrote:I also like the look of the characters, though I don't really see how they're all that different from the originals.

Take into account, also, the makeover everybody got in the transition from "clunky old TV series design" to "fancy new movie/DC design". What we see in the images released so far seriously isn't anything to ZOMG about.

Rei having "nicer boobs"? Don't they vary in size and "quality" constantly?

EXACTLY.

And, finally, if the acronym for the first movie is YA(N)A, the acronym for the second had better be KA(N)JI.

Opteron-O3 wrote:I love it when Reichu is like this :)

Ah, 'tis but a meager attempt to fill the void left by MaggotMaster's absence. You weren't around for him -- time to catch up on your reading.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:26 pm

Wonder who Shinji is looking at in the picture. :twisted:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:29 pm

Reichu wrote:Ah, 'tis but a meager attempt to fill the void left by MaggotMaster's absence. You weren't around for him -- time to catch up on your reading.

Eh? MaggotMaster's gone? Since when? How did I not notice this?

...KA(N)JI could stand for "KAWORU AND (NOT) JUST IKARI", perhaps?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:06 am

why does the rahx-whatever guy have anything to do with weva?

Maybe its just me hating anything thats new, different or changed, but what the hell was wrong with the old logos? they were plenty badass enough.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:10 am

slothen wrote:Maybe its just me hating anything thats new, different or changed, but what the hell was wrong with the old logos? they were plenty badass enough.

If they leave everything the way they were, there would be no point in redoing the whole thing. By changing little bits here and there that don't alter the core story or characters, it keeps things fresh.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:25 am

maybe they should change the things that need changing. or the things that Anno wasn't satisfied with. Unless changing the logos adds something tangibly new to the series, its pointless.

Because the fig leaf is badass.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:38 am

slothen wrote:Unless changing the logos adds something tangibly new to the series, its pointless.

Merchandising.

'Nuff said.

The Seele logo is just the old one with stuff piled on top. I'm all, "whatever".

AuthenticM wrote:If they leave everything the way they were, there would be no point in redoing the whole thing. By changing little bits here and there that don't alter the core story or characters, it keeps things fresh.

You make it sound like they're not going to change the core story or characters.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:42 am

OOoooooooohhhhhh....

If thats the "new" Rei me likely very much.
Quite a wicked Bday present to get.

Ive had a few beers and very good time so i must sleep (had to check to see any eva news- AND THERE WAS!!!)

but looking at the suit i cant see any difference. after beer goggles are gone ill look again but i cant see anything really differnt.

as for the look, its obviously a "what are you staring at look!?"

me? i'm staring at the perfect babyfeeders!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:45 am

Drunk fanboy is druuuuuuuuunk.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:56 am

damn, and me here thinking it was be silly posting while half baked from the hooka bar.

MAL Profile

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:22 am

Reichu wrote:You make it sound like they're not going to change the core story or characters.

Are they? They've only said that we'll get more Kaworu and a 'new' ending. That's nothing drastic. And I look forward to this new ending. I just hope that the final movie is as avant-garde as EoE.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:51 am

Authentic M wrote:They've only said that we'll get more Kaworu and a 'new' ending.

They've "shadily intimated" towards more differences than that. I'd go through backposts and make a list, but I honestly don't care that much.

Weva =/= Eva. That's all I need to know.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 am

No one's noted that Rei doesn't have red eyes.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:32 am

That's because I doubt those pictures have much to do with how she will look in the new anime. I am with Reichu in waiting for some official stills before I comment on their changes.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 am

Reichu wrote:IN HOW MANY DOES SHE *NOT* LOOK "NICE"?

All of the ones by Mogudan. :P
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Rei's Eye Color

Postby TriLink » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 am

Szmitten wrote:No one's noted that Rei doesn't have red eyes.

Keeping in mind that these pics don't mean a thing officially, me thinks we can chalk that up to the lighting effect of whoever drew it. Remember the EOE beach scene where Asuka had supposedly morphed into a Misato/Rei/Asuka monster? Think that.

Besides, we all know the only thing Gainax will ever change about Rei is her breast size.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 am

Also -- about the SEELE slogan about stars and time...

I'm getting some

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,/and with strange aeons even death may die!/To bring down our masters on an icy night,/And to claim the power when the stars are right . . ."

vibes here. Is that just me?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Rei's Eye Color

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 am

TriLink12 wrote:Besides, we all know the only thing Gainax will ever change about Rei is her breast size.

Lets just hope they don't add bouncing to the breasts... Gainax can sure exaggerate on them(think GunBuster)

I would actually like to see Rei with a little more emotions, but that's Rei... They can't ruin Rei's reputation... or can they? :twisted:

I think I'm gonna make a wallpaper with that picture of Rei. I just love it!
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:55 am

Ah, awake and beer goggles gone.

Sooooo- looking at this Rei (if this is really the true new charactrer design) there ain't a damn thing different. Her eyes not being red? It'd be interesting to see if they actually did that (if so could that mean Rei is no longer Lilith but just a hot shy girl?) but the way her eyes are in this photo makes it unclear.
As for the pose? Well come on. Already they're giving the anime community their fan service. That pose is clearly a "Look at these titties!" pose.
...Rei without red eyes.....could be interesting....never crossed my mind but if they were to do away with the whole "I think im your mom. No im not, I just have her DNA in my body. Yes, these are in a way her breasts. Is that why you like them so much Shinji?" issue I guess the red eyes would got to go.
This means if we see an Asuka with a red plug, red hair, and red eyes, not only is the crew overdoing it in the red department, but we got ourselves an angry, bitchy Angel.

Shinji looks the same. Effeminate but still my favorite character. And clearly a full time male. LOoking at the relationship between the two images background its easy to tell what Shinji is looking at.....
Rei's cleavage (Rei's reiavage?...doesn't work).

Can't see anything new in the plugsuits unless its not just lighting and Shinji's suit is a wee bit darker.

Background. Can't really make out the NERV logo but I'm actually glad they changed them. The NERV logos are iconic yes but hardly sacred to the plot. It's kinda cool they changed it up. I still got the old NERV plastered everywhere and it'd be awesome to see the new one plastered in some places too.

SEELE- Lillith's eyes (so there is a Jesus/Lillith?) are back in force. The triangle/pyramid is back which makes sense since it is the strongest shape. Interesting typeface, probably harkens to hieroglyphics or what not.
Only thing that's getting me is the Deutsch in the center.
I wish I could make it all out cause then it'd be easy to translate but the words I can get are "Warum, Sternenzeit, Gott, wir gerichtet"
Without the other words its kinda tough to make sense of them but basically these translate to-
Why, star time, Gott, we, adjusted/directed.
At first I thought Gerichtet was Gereichten which is "passed ones".
Also I'm thinking the word next to Gott/God is "schlechter" which is German for "worse" but is also often used for bad and horrible.

So questions about the star time and why, with a worse/bad God and something being adjusted or directed?
Intriguing.
Though I do wish it was "Gereichten" and not "gerichtet" because the idea of a "WOrse God" having something to do with "We passed ones" sounds very poetic and ominous.

All in all, cool little photo. Any Rei is a good Rei. If this is about the first movie this probably confirms in my mind more Movie One is all about Rei and Shinji (I'm really pushing for Kaworu to not show up til the 3rd movie- even if he shows up at the beginning you now have 90 minutes of Kaworu instead of 20. Thats the more Kaworu you wanted)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”