Pilot ages

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Pilot ages

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Mari at least is a lot more than 28. Mari has been the age she currently appears since around the time Shinji was born. That is if we are assuming that final Manga chapter is somehow related to rebuild (and I do).

So I hypothesise chronologically she's at least in her 40s.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:That is if we are assuming that final Manga chapter is somehow related to rebuild (and I do).

Might as well work in Anima's catgirl loli Mari while you're ahead.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Anima's catgirl loli Mari

*googles*

oy vey...

Nevertheless I stand by my theory that it is of significance. And I speak as someone who doesn't subscribe to Sequel Theory.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:29 pm

I'd opt to be cautious around Mari's backstory. Anno may give us one which may seem to be based from the manga, but i can imagine it only being a loose one and that the bonus chapter shouldn't be viewed with a direct connection
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh I dont see it as a direct connection, but there is a connection.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Basically, when i say based on the manga, i mean that in the same way that Unit-02's beast mode in Q was based on Wolfpac from Anima
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”