"Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 3+1 HYPE

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:03 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Can't wait to see what Demolition D has to say about this. . .

Yea, he was just complaining about the fact we have heard nothing about Shin, and now we have a great Christmas gift.

Do we need spoiler tags for this? I wanted to discuss a few aspects of what we see in this trailer.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 pm

The thing that I'm wondering also is this was the only the 7th released short out of 30. They might still save the very last one for a more traditional teaser/trailer for Final, by which point it'll be close to if not Spring of 2015, at their current rate of one release per week. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it seems plausible.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:09 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:The thing that I'm wondering also is this was the only the 7th released short out of 30. They might still save the very last one for a more traditional teaser/trailer for Final. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it seems plausible.

Yea I am still wondering what that black Evangelion is doing in the promotional video... Hmm

Also I recall TMBounty Hunter saying to me that we wouldn't get any Evangelion content from the animator expo.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm

^ This certainly came as a surprise to all of us. I think a more accurate prediction would be that we wouldn’t see Anno himself direct anything for the Expo. Anno didn’t direct this short film, so it’s consideration as actual NTE canon is shaky at best. More information is certainly needed.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Anno is credited as the “Original Author,” while is almost like saying “Based on the material written by..

Japanese credits are weird sometimes.
Well anyways, he was also involved drawing, so what I want to say is that this is probably actual Rebuild stuff, and not just a little "fan work" by a member of the staff.
I don't know if I'm explaining myself. :P

Also, Failures of Infinity confirmed to have skeletons.
Is the moon attracting the debris?
And it's weird seeing snow in Tokyo-3, isn't it? Another big change. I always associated that place with summer.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Using this short to confirm anything is silly. Only the finalized movies confirm things.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Do you really think a member of the staff wouldn't base all of this, including the design of the Failures of Infinity, on the source material? We didn't even get a preview for this. They wanted to surprise us, and it's probably relevant.
Also, Anno worked on this. How much I don't know, but Anno hasn't directed/storyboarded every part of Evangelion.

Those storyboards that we got during the Sagisu video showed snow, and here we got snow too...
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 pm

As we've seen from the rest of the expo (and also the calendars) the staff does whatever it wants and Anno just throws money at them.

To me at least it's not canon until it's in theaters with "Chief Director Hideaki Anno" bracketing the credits roll.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:And it's weird seeing snow in Tokyo-3, isn't it? Another big change. I always associated that place with summer.

Possibly referencing the end of Sadamoto's manga.

Anyway, this was a fun, nice, surprise. Liked how it was set to Danny Boy. 3.0 Rei reflected in quantum(?) Rei's eye was interesting.

Can't wait to see what other shorts they have for the rest of the 30 total!

Sicarius VI: There's no news about FINAL yet, so feel free to discuss whatever in here, as long as it's on-topic.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Dammit!
Thery're so good at teasing :drool:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 pm

So anyone worried that this short makes it look like Shinji,Asuka, and Rei split up durning their walk?

I mean apperently ReiQ dies and Quantum Rei appears to Shinji again. In all of this though we only see a shot of Asuka's evolution coming from a girl in a yellow dress(which really looks like it is from NGE) to the eyepatch Asuka we know now.

Asuka, Shinji, and Rei splitting up is definitely something I don't think any have considered.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 pm

That'd suck as a possibility... But thankfully this short isn't necessarily canon, it's just for fun (like Sagisu's Peaceful Times was).

skulkidcachi90
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby skulkidcachi90 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:It's all happening in Shinjis Broken mind. For all we know everything's symbolic.

Its kind symbolize than Rei Q Is Gonna Die to fix the Water of the World.
I dont like that at all.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:03 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:That'd suck as a possibility... But thankfully this short isn't necessarily canon, it's just for fun (like Sagisu's Peaceful Times was).

Ahh Not Canon I need to remember this SSD, it's just awesome we got anything and I would rather be on disbelief if it turned out to be Non-Canon.

Yeah it was the common thought that they needed each other to survive, but if they split up that is something else.

Also Shinji getting his heart ripped out is quite brutal.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Pretty heavy with the sequel theory teasing. Feels like a trip through Shinji's mind achieving sixth dimensional gnosis.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Definitely worth my time!

So many ways to interpret the Four Asuka's...wonder if that's going to have any meaning come 3.0 + 1.0.

Also what's with Rei Q's hand crumbling into pieces?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Shinji thought it was his Rei, but then he found out it wasn't. So his Rei crumbled away.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:33 pm

:sweat: News post made! http://www.evageeks.org/2014/12/eva-animator-expo-short/ Took awhile to throw together because I wanted it perfect.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Whoa just realized something, at the very end when they show a close up
of Quantum Rei, ReiQ can be seen in her pupil.

Viethra
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Viethra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:This all leads to speculation that Evangelion 3.0+1.0 is not in fact Shin/Final, but instead Evangelion Q as was released

I don't have strong evidence against this, but there is an important detail I should mention. Shiro Sagisu mentioned composing the "Next Time Preview" song, otherwise known as Peaceful Times, for the last time. While this could mean they'll use it twice, it likely suggests that the stinger at the end of Q is the last one. Whatever comes next is the end if that is true.
And to all the children...

Congratulations!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”