State of Humanity in 3.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:11 am

So if Antarctica was the epicenter of 2nd Impact and everything below the equator was rendered uninhabitable, let's apply that to Post N3I/Third Impact Japan.

If Japan is the Epicenter and an area as big as the bottom half of the planet is the range of the Impacts destruction. . .We're talking a major loss of both life and resources here. We're talking ALL of Asia including Russia and China getting corified, not to mention at least the West Coast of North America. The Northern Ice Caps Melting etc.

Mass theorizing of course, but there ya go.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:29 am

View Original PostRay wrote:So if Antarctica was the epicenter of 2nd Impact and everything below the equator was rendered uninhabitable,

Errr, no, it didn't.
Second Impact caused the death of roughly half of the world population, but that was more due from the massive population displacements, famines and wars that followed the rising waters and more importantly the fact that the seas and oceans were rendered sterile.

We see images of Earth in 2.0, and the lands are perfectly fine:
SPOILER: Show
Antarctica, see the peninsula stretching out of the vortex, it's still white and not blood red:
[wkimg]File:Eva2-22 C0387 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

And here this shot of Earth, it's upside down (Kaworu is facing India) and again, no traces of lands turned to core material:
[wkimg]File:Eva2-22 C1401.jpg[/wkimg]

If Second Impact really turned to core half of the planet, that would have been mentioned somewhere in the movies. Presumably only Antarctica was rendered completely toxic due to the still opened vortex, and even that we're not sure.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nervs-of-Steel
Embryo

survivors

•      
  •      

Postby Nervs-of-Steel » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:33 am

I feel like Koji Takao saying of Misato; "she's a more interesting captain than Kaji described", hints that Kaji survived N3I (and potentially the 14 year gap)... Mainly because she was a Colonel during 2.0, so she must have been made a Captain by Wille, and Kaji would only know if she was an interesting 'Captain' if he had been present during her stint as a Captain.

Unless I didn't pay enough attention and she was promoted during 2.0?

Anyway, if thats all correct then I reckon Kaji would be back at Wille's base, with the other survivors... Wishful thinking, maybe...

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm

It's worth noting that, as the Nemesis series approach, the Wunder's air support is ordered to "the second meeting point", Implying that they and the fleet are away form their main base. It's also worth nothing that the air fleet has a very large number of helicopters.

One final point is that the Wunder starts off on a thin ice sheet. There may be regions in the earth which are less effected by the "core-effect" or are otherwise liveable for humanity.

Personally, I think it's possible that the absolute ravages seen in the area of Tokyo-3 are confined there. The landcape shows several structure which appear meant to contain the fallout (I would guess that the crosses serve this function). It may be that very large regions of the earth are unaffected or are being slowly affected. It's worth noting Sakura's words about "giving us a break", suggesting that Humanity has been engaged in a continuous struggle due to Shinji being inside Eva-01.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:03 am

^
That's what I keep repeating: there are hints through the movie that the situation isn't the same than around Tokyo-3, and that the movie only inferred them to emphasize what Shinji sees and is led to believe, while giving us,the audience, a small peek at another possibility.

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:It's worth noting Sakura's words about "giving us a break", suggesting that Humanity has been engaged in a continuous struggle due to Shinji being inside Eva-01.

Personally I took it as Sakura begging Shinji to not spoil the fact that they finally managed to snatch an asset that could help them turn the tide of the war in their favor and directly attack SEELE's fortress (unaware of the fact that they won nothing and were still being manipulated by neo-NERV)
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 am

Wunder is being supplied by an army of ships and choppers at the start of the movie.

That stuff has to come from somewhere. There is a massive amount of logistics being supplied to a huge fleet in a fairly cold and remote location (notice all the ice).

Shinji was sold an exaggerated story to make him feel bad so he could be manipulated into piloting Eva 13 to "fix everything". This seems very reasonable. In reality, humanity has taken a beating but is not completely without hope nor population. There's got to be a few million hanging around somewhere, and Sakura's mere existence proves that someplace safe still exists for 4-6 year olds (my guess at her age) to grow up into adults and enlist in whatever it is.

I'm assuming nobody believes Sakura grew up aboard the ship, right? For that matter, given the obvious unfamiliarity of the crew with the ship and their roles, the AAA Wunder itself seems to be a pretty recent acquisition. I've personally believed that WILLE is a thing that happened pretty much right before 3.33 started. Until then, they would have all been part of NERV's happy family.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

state of world split

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
[URL=http://minus.com/i/bz1vMtKkVWeOr][/URL]

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I was looking through older threads, and I found this, what if in the 4.0 Preview we saw a animated version of Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking towards this?

Wille's out of resources my ass....

That's probably clear on the other side of the planet. Far away from the Impact Center.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 am

View Original PostRay wrote:That's probably clear on the other side of the planet. Far away from the Impact Center.

he he, Yea I forgot about that part, I would hope it's on the other side of the earth tho.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:33 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:what if in the 4.0 Preview we saw a animated version of Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking towards this?

I could totally see that happening, since we don't know how big the epicenter of Near Fourth Impact was. Somewhat similar to how in EoE, Third Impact only affected parts of Hakone from what we could see, (not all of Japan/the whole world).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 am

@ Sailor Stardust

The giant, continent sized head of Rei not tip you off that the destruction stretched far beyond the region?

My theory is there should be at least a third of the planet left for Wille to draw resources from.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:12 pm

The Black Moon exploded and Lilith's head dimensions has been discussed in Discussion but that's about EoE, not the New Movies.

You can theorize all you want about what happened with the state of the world during 3.0 in the appropriate thread, but the fact of the matter is we won't know until Final.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:23 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I could totally see that happening, since we don't know how big the epicenter of Near Fourth Impact was. Somewhat similar to how in EoE, Third Impact only affected parts of Hakone from what we could see, (not all of Japan/the whole world).

Considering how big the Wunder is, I could theorize that if said Wille base is actually in 4.0, it could be the location that the Wunder was built, even then it would be a nice preview for even future trailer to see like Shinji or a human being compared to the sheer size of said mother base.

This is also considering the theory that there more humans are else where and have outposts and bases.

Also this is considering that we get a "longer" preview than normal, which as of now is only 13 days away, can't wait. :gendoscheme:
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:47 pm

I wouldn't even call the presence of other humans on Earth somewhere a theory. If the crew of the Wunder and the the Wille fleet, along with Gendo and Fuyutsuki, are all that's left, they're all wasting their time. With that number of people repopulating the world, much less a inhospitable wasteland, would be pretty much impossible.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:32 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:If the crew of the Wunder and the the Wille fleet, along with Gendo and Fuyutsuki, are all that's left, they're all wasting their time. With that number of people repopulating the world, much less a inhospitable wasteland, would be pretty much impossible.

Bleak thought, but definitely agree.

Just 1 more week til the Preview!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Why bother repopulating the earth the traditional, kinky way?

What will end up happening is Wille will defeat Gendo and gain dominance over both Fruits. With that power they will leave a restoration engine running on Earth that will bring it back to its pre-2I glory and improve on a few things. Meanwhile, the last of the original Lilin will board the Wunder and head off into space to confront their progeny about all the bullshit they've caused by accidentally landing two seeds on a single world. This proceeds into a space opera sequel series.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Seele does have access to Cloning technology to create Ayanami types, whats to say it couldn't be put to work (for less nefarious purposes) once Gendo is defeated? Clones supplementing the people repopulating the earth the old fashioned way?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:38 pm

WILLE doesn't seem to be big on the whole cloning thing, and their idea of taking care of neo-NERV and SEELE is "blow-up the whole place to rubble", so it's doubtful that they will try to steal neo-NERV's technology of cloning.

Besides, unless it's revealed in FINAL that all of the Wunder fleet crew besides the Eva pilots, Maya and the Command Bridge crew are clones, the thousand of people who operate the fleet' ships must come from somewhere.

As Chuckman said, if it's revealed that the whole story is actually Misato and her crew's last stand against SEELE out of spite before extinction inevitably befall them, that would make the whole story meaningless.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”