Do you think we will see a NTV version of Q this year?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:(mainly, the "Keep Out" tel-ops).

Good point. Keeping on cutting to the Keep Out signs gives it all a "Classified information" kind of vibe-- which makes sense, given what 3.0 turned out to be.
I finally put something here!

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 am

No, kinro doesnt air new trailers unless its a new movie, and it hasnt happened this week.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:02 pm

We've got less than a week, I really want to see something new for 4.0. Can't wait!

:coffee:
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:47 pm

My advice? Expect to be trolled, and trolled HARD.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:49 pm

During the run up for 3.0 we got a rainbow piano trailer. This time I'm hoping for a plaid clarinet trailer.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:55 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So yeah. :shrug: Who knows, CRC when. :sigh:

Maybe they're waiting on the series' completion before continuing the CRC. That way, they won't have to second guess every comment being a potential spoiler, and can speak freely. I imagine quite a lot of Q's conception ties into Final.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Maybe they're waiting on the series' completion before continuing the CRC. That way, they won't have to second guess every comment being a potential spoiler, and can speak freely. I imagine quite a lot of Q's conception ties into Final.

That's a good assessment, as if I recall, Q and Final were, in the original-original plan, when all this was first announced, Q and Final were supposed to be released together, right?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:36 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:We've got less than a week, I really want to see something new for 4.0. Can't wait!

:coffee:

HAPPENING STATUS: IT'S ABOUT TO BEGIN
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:56 pm

View Original PostAdaminator1 wrote:Q and Final were supposed to be released together, right?

Yep, the original release plan was this:

View Original PostShin-seiki wrote: http://www.animenation.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5906640&postcount=129
Schedule
1st (90 min) May, 2007?
2nd (90) Feb,2008
3rd, Last (45 mins x 2) May,2008

This sound like three full-length movies, with #3 and #4 being two halves of one release (sorta like Air/Magokoro kimi ni)

"It's neither a remake nor a recreation, but a new production." really is true with 3.0 especially, huh? :tojifood:

And it does seem more and more likely that the fan speculation of 3.0 CRC being released alongside/within FINAL CRC is the case.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Hahaha, wow. Makes me really wonder what their original plan for this series was. :lol:

The lengths especially are interesting. I wonder if, after the series is over, they'll release the original story outlines.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 am

It was speculated awhile ago (if I understood it correctly) that the "Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0" meant another film series (but 3 parts) after this one, though I doubt it. -o-;

About original plans, check this out. There was originally a mistranslation of what the terms meant (e.g. sequel was misunderstood as being a film in the middle of NGE instead of Movie 2 being a sequel to Movie 1).

View Original PostWES512 wrote:While searching for new info on the movies at Japanese sites, I crossed myself with this little text at Wiki Japan. Here's a cheap translation from Altavista. It's not big news but I wanted to share it anyway.

"REBUILD OF EVANGELION (temporary) The first volume/medium compilation/the television series which is announced in the second volume + completion compilation 2006 September and the new work which turns former theater edition to the origin. The first volume 2007 July, medium compilation 2008 January, the second volume + completion compilation in August of the same year release schedule. Scandal was engendered, scenario such as last time and theater edition of the television series with the second volume + completion compilation becomes the complete new work. Freely using also up-to-date 3D technology, and the like it came to the point of being produced."

Original Text:
REBUILD OF EVANGELION (仮)

前編/中編/後編+完結編
2006年9月に発表されたテレビシリーズ及びこれまでの劇場版を元にした新作。前編を2007年7月、中編を2008年1月、後編+完結編を同年8月に公開予定。物議を醸し出した、テレビシリーズの最終回や劇場版などのシナリオは後編+完結編で完全新作になる。最新の3D技術なども駆使して製作されることになった。

Also, a new site has opened today at the official evangelion webpage:
[url]http://www.evangelion.co.jp/theater.html[/url]

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:48 am

That's essentially describing another, abandoned project. The original plan was to do three "trace job" edits of the original series, a la You Are (Not) Alone, with only the fourth entry (half entry!) featuring radically new scenarios and animation. With those more modest goals, I imagine they could have kept to that original schedule. A more ambitious Rebuild means an expanded production time, though people still discount that and complain that the films are "late".
Last edited by Warren Peace on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 am

That was a mistranslation. From what that 2006 info mentioned, they never were going to do a cut and paste job of NGE being all shiny HD.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 am

I was being a tad reductive, I didn't mean they were literally going to use the same footage, just in that 1.0 way where they might as well have. But there are of course plenty of "new" elements in most shots.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:04 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I was being a tad reductive, I didn't mean they were literally going to use the same footage, just in that 1.0 way where they might as well have. But there are of course plenty of "new" elements in most shots.

You know they basically redid EVERYTHING, right? They didn't just take the original NGE cells and blow 'em up to HD. Saying they "Might as well have" is a bit of a disservice to the animators, don't you think?

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 pm

View Original PostAdaminator1 wrote:You know they basically redid EVERYTHING, right? They didn't just take the original NGE cells and blow 'em up to HD. Saying they "Might as well have" is a bit of a disservice to the animators, don't you think?

He knows that, he's just saying completely redoing the same thing from the ground up is still redoing the same thing. As far as story went, how new was 1.0? Not very, even if there was plenty of changes in the way they overhauled 1.0 over NGE.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Only a couple days remaining! Yay!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 pm

45 minutes left???
Or did I get this wrong?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:06 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:During the run up for 3.0 we got a rainbow piano trailer. This time I'm hoping for a plaid clarinet trailer.

The plaid needs to be the same as the paid of Mari’s skirt. Then it should be revealed that Asuka is playing the clarinet.

Aauka+Mari shippers will go nuts.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:08 pm

^ Do you know when it comes out? D:
I'm kinda bad with time zones.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”