New York Comic Con screening 3.0 on October 11th

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

New York Comic Con screening 3.0 on October 11th

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm

http://www.evageeks.org/2013/06/evangelion-3-0-screening-at-new-york-comicon/

2 threads about NYCC were merged, one from June and another from July. Excuse any mess. -SSD

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: New York Comic Con screening 3.0 on October 11th

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:http://www.evageeks.org/2013/06/evangelion-3-0-screening-at-new-york-comicon/

I'm just irritated that there's nothing like this at the SDCC. Or at the very least, there haven't been any announcements. They showed 2.22 two years ago though.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:58 pm

...well, get ready for more cases of post-q-catatonia. *prepares beds*
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:00 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:...well, get ready for more cases of post-q-catatonia. *prepares beds*

if anything, i think we'll need more "yogurt disposal units" than anything

but damn you, New York!!! why can't they have stuff like this where i live? :sniffle:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:but damn you, New York!!! why can't they have stuff like this where i live? :sniffle:

You're not missing much. I went to Comic Con 2011 as a panelist. It sucked.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:You're not missing much. I went to Comic Con 2011 as a panelist. It sucked.

I find that some years are good, some not as good. I remember enjoying 2010 a lot more than 2012.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't know how these screenings are run, but there was one year that I went to see a NYCC screening of Genius Party and it was just at a venue. I didn't have to deal with the con at all, just showed up at the venue and bought a ticket. Not sure if that was just something special.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:You're not missing much. I went to Comic Con 2011 as a panelist. It sucked.

I had fun at NYCC 2011, but I guess that's partly because it was my first con and I had nothing to compare to. :lol: 2012 wasn't bad either.

I'll definitely be attending the screening if I make it to NYCC this year. I'm curious to see how that large group of fans will react to the film.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:25 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I find that some years are good, some not as good. I remember enjoying 2010 a lot more than 2012.

I've been going to conventions, multiple per year, for over ten years. If 2011 was a bad year, that was in addition to sucking at a fundamental level. I hated it with just about every fiber of my being. It was the wost convention experience I've ever had.

The only thing that could possibly get me to go back is if they lucked out and got Anno or Sadamoto as a guest.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:27 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I'm curious to see how that large group of fans will react to the film.
Here on EGF, there was a general attitude of, "Wow, that movie sucked!" for the first few days or so. It might be like that, but in real life with lots of disgusted muttering and grumbling.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:46 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:I don't know how these screenings are run, but there was one year that I went to see a NYCC screening of Genius Party and it was just at a venue. I didn't have to deal with the con at all, just showed up at the venue and bought a ticket. Not sure if that was just something special.

Did they advertise it as part of the Con? If they did, why did they if it was completely separate from the event?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Oh good, I'm hoping everyone will be at least be surprised as to what happens in this film. To have it shown at convention makes the reactions Glorious!

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:00 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I had fun at NYCC 2011, but I guess that's partly because it was my first con and I had nothing to compare to. :lol: 2012 wasn't bad either.

I'll definitely be attending the screening if I make it to NYCC this year. I'm curious to see how that large group of fans will react to the film.

riff if you go you need to take a camera, or use your phone assuming it has the capability, and interview a bunch of people as they walk out of the theater. Find people who hadn't read spoilers or seen the movie before, I want to see their reactions in person.

For science!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:15 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:riff if you go you need to take a camera, or use your phone assuming it has the capability, and interview a bunch of people as they walk out of the theater. Find people who hadn't read spoilers or seen the movie before, I want to see their reactions in person.

For science!

I get the feeling that most of the people in the theater probably won't be spoiler free, but it's worth a shot. :lol:
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:42 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:The only thing that could possibly get me to go back is if they lucked out and got Anno or Sadamoto as a guest.

Sadamoto could possibly be a guest, but Anno... heh... no chance in hell.

It just sounds as though the guy doesn't really like America all that much. I mean when was the last time he was in the States? That '96 Anime Expo incident?

I mean it'd be incredible if he made an appearance at a con, but chances of that happening are 0.000001%.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't know if it's that he doesn't like America (not that I care either way).

It's probably more that if there's anything worse than "mouth-breathing fans who aren't happy with the storyline you gave them because they unjustly feel they deserve a different one" it's "mouth-breathing fans who aren't happy with the storyline you gave them because they unjustly feel they deserve a different one who speak a different language".

If I was him I wouldn't want to associate with that crowd either. 90% of the questions would fall along the lines of "Why you no like Asuka anyway" or "Why is Shinji - deep intake of breath, wipes sweat off fat brow - such a stupid pussy? It all woulda been - takes deep soggy gulp from 106oz soda - better if Shinji was all gar."

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:33 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:90% of the questions would fall along the lines of "Why you no like Asuka anyway" or "Why is Shinji - deep intake of breath, wipes sweat off fat brow - such a stupid pussy? It all woulda been - takes deep soggy gulp from 106oz soda - better if Shinji was all gar."

That, or the fifty-billionth question about some unexplained part of the plot that Anno/Gainax has deliberately given no comment on for the past 18 years.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

ancapevageek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ancapevageek » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 am

will be there. get at me.
Living the dream

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:25 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:It's probably more that if there's anything worse than "mouth-breathing fans who aren't happy with the storyline you gave them because they unjustly feel they deserve a different one" it's "mouth-breathing fans who aren't happy with the storyline you gave them because they unjustly feel they deserve a different one who speak a different language".

There's always going to be a percentage of people that hate a certain work. The creators may not like it, but it's something they have to deal with. Understandably, though, Evangelion is a special case. -o-;

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:16 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Sadamoto could possibly be a guest, but Anno... heh... no chance in hell.

It just sounds as though the guy doesn't really like America all that much.

How do you figure?

Otakon almost had him as a guest for Otakon 1999, it was so close they even printed a badge for him. I received it from a staffer one year as a gift. My understanding is that Otakon has a standing raincheck of sorts with him. I'm hoping Otakon Vegas will improve his odds of making a stateside appearance. The problem is that all of the major conventions with stature are during the summer, when most shows go into production, so the industry is generally very busy that time of the year. Since Otakon Vegas will be during the winter, I'm hopeful some people will be able to get away for the weekend.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”