About Unit 02['s Beast Mode]...

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:49 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Who proposed that?

Ikuto Yamashita, who is otherwise known as a mecha designer for Evangelion, both the original series and the NTE.

ElMariachi wrote:Speaking of blue markings, did anyone noticed that after its overhaul, EVA-02's diamond shaped patch on the right shoulder is blue, instead of its regular red and green?

This is what bothers me about the action figure renditions of EVA-02'(Gamma), they all (with the probable exception of the Bandai kit) feature the regular pattern and no extra arms to change. Going back to topic however, the all-blue rings appear only after EVA-02'(Gamma) inserted the igniter into the womb EVA-01 was located in. My personal speculation is that the all-blue marking is just an indication that EVA-02'(Gamma) was affected by the "power surge" EVA-01 created, which also caused the AAA Wunder to fly.

Note: I did not watch the movie yet and i am, thus, not familiar with the exact chronology of the events. Feel free to correct me.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Who proposed that?

Ikuto Yamashita the mechanical designer.

You can read bits of his propsed script here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Sore_o_Nasumono

But niether the Wille armor nor the kitty beast mode look like his style which has gotten pretty distinct since the mid-2000s (see Anima designs).
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm

A werewolf you say?

Asuka's Fangs  SPOILER: Show

[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1396 fangs.jpg[/wkimg]
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1398 Asuka fangs.jpg[/wkimg]

Certainly has the fangs for it.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 pm

@ Restriktion !: I saw the scene again : even before inserting the igniter "Gamma" had the blue diamond, but the "Beta" version during Operation US had the old red and green pattern.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Ikuto Yamashita should continue designing and let the story to Anno. :lol:
TMBounty_Hunter, in imdb Yamashita is credited as mechanical designer and as board designer, but it´s true that the style has changed. It was probably something necessary if you keep in mind the story of Q.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 pm

What title Yamashita gets in the credits isn't relevant. They might say Chief Mechanical Designer but very few of his creations make the cut unchanged (Wunder is one, Enchanted Shield of Virtue and Positron Cannon from 1.0 are the other prominent example that wasn't altered. They all scream YAMASHITA).

The Evas' animation mechanical design is done by Takeshi Honda for 1.0 and 2.0.
The original 2.0 Beast is 100% Takeshi Honda's design. Q Beast is a slightly modified verion of that.
Kitty Beast just does not overlap with Yamashita's styling in any way. I expect it will still be credited to Takeshi Honda once we finally get the damn CRC book for Q.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”