[3.33] Things you noticed

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kodaemon
Lilith

Postby Kodaemon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It makes more sense if it's a capital alpha rather than a capital lambda. It would have made more sense if it was an omega and the cases were consistent, but it's clearly not.

Confirmation:

SPOILER: Show
just a signature

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:When Karowu is at Ground Zero, this is supposed to be Kaji's water tap, right?

Wow, great catch. Powerful stuff indeed.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ Well, that's just the most depressing thing ever...

why depressing ? the ground isnt red "core" so there is hope plants wil grow there, see kaworu cage
ANATA BAKA !?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:49 am

I wonder why that patch of ground is earth while the rest of Tokyo-3 is red core... Maybe there were limitations to whatever was released during the timeskip, hence the survival of the main cast and the some parts of Tokyo-3 remaining normal (albeit desolate).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

xenosaga
Lilith

Postby xenosaga » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 am

found it on the web. was the missing DSS choker scene mentioned?

I went back and looked at it, and yea the choker is missing and all of sudden it appears.

the theater version included it, so it must have been a mistake when they changed it on 3.33
Also sprach Zarathustra

Harpocrates
Embryo

Postby Harpocrates » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:19 am

The full fleet suspended by visable 'wires', someone mentions 'UFO activity', and a bridge bunny has a pink bob. Gerry Anderson references?

During the Fuyutsuki shogi scene, what looks like Eva-13 is raised up on a cross. If you look carefully it's actually a mold. So that's their 'next-generation production technique'. :P

In the same scene, all of the shelved Ayanami heads are smiling. And there's clearly no signs of rotting, which is twice as creepy.

Eva-02's Code 777 somehow doesn't break her armour. Maybe the new γ upgrades used something a bit better than metal?

Eva-13 definitely doesn't use it's own AT Field. The one that appears from Asuka's dive is actually several smaller fields made by the... bits? (Sorry for the Gundam-ism)

The inverted Pyramid remains floating in the air, despite the fact Eva-13 destroys the shaft.
The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
-Arthur C. Clarke

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Is there something special about the water/the heat lance/Eva-01 that's causing the effect? We don't see it happening anywhere else, for some reason...It also only seems to affect the robotic left arm instead of the organic body...

My best guess is that contact with Eva-01 catalyzed the "core-ification". Perhaps all of Eva-02 might have been affected if the arm hadn't been jettisoned? Or maybe, since we see Evas form out of "core", only the non-organic parts would have been changed... and maybe Asuka, too...

Fodder for Impact Mechanics, I guess.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am

View Original PostHarpocrates wrote:Eva-13 definitely doesn't use it's own AT Field. The one that appears from Asuka's dive is actually several smaller fields made by the... bits? (Sorry for the Gundam-ism)

Yeah, they did look like funnels to me too.

Though, the 4.0 preview with the frickton of Evas makes me think... Unit 8+2 fighting an army of Qubeley wannabes? Good God, that's gonna be one hell of an epic battle.
Last edited by amitakartok on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 am

There's an entire alphabet for the letters used in the Nerv Logo. It appears in the DSS choker scene; all of the letters flash by, with their corresponding letters in English. I don't even know what language it is. I plan on deciphering all of it later, unless somebody has already done so and would be kind enough to post them here.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby qu4d » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:37 am

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14278/SPOILERS-Glyphs/

;)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14278/SPOILERS-Glyphs/

;)

Excellent, thank you. Note to self: use search function more often. :doh:

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:28 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14278/SPOILERS-Glyphs/

;)

Id really appreaciate if someone could take a look on this, i tried to find the glyphs from the Nerv logo on the sheet but couldnt find ANY of them.

Is there allready a Translation, are Glyphs missing?
drives me nuts..

sorry for OT

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 am

Yeah, it's near the middle of the thread.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:35 am

Im talking about a translation for those 4 Glyphs on the New nerv logo.

They arent on the Sheet for Glyphs as far i can trust my eyes.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Guys, if a thread where the conversation should be resumed has already been linked to, don't continue the conversation in the wrong thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Harpocrates
Embryo

Postby Harpocrates » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh, two other things:
The internal displays in Eva-13 seem to address a 'RS Hopper' in regards to the floaty-jellyfish weapons/shields.

In the scene where they cut SEELE's life support, Gendo is visibly levitating.
The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
-Arthur C. Clarke

Jomei
Lilith

Postby Jomei » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

I noticed that AAA Wunder was said to have "the power to kill Gods." I know the Japanese phrase can have a slightly different nuance, but when I googled the English...

http://warriorprincess.wikia.com/wiki/Power_to_Kill_Gods

Apparently it appears in Xena as well? The only reason I found this at all relevant was that, elsewhere, someone had pointed out the potential reference/parallel to "quickening" in Highlander. Is Anno drawing from western supernatural fantasy shows?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It makes more sense if it's a capital alpha rather than a capital lambda. It would have made more sense if it was an omega and the cases were consistent, but it's clearly not.

The other explanation I had in mind - assuming that it's a capital lambda - is that it stands in for the english L, the 12th letter of the Alphabet (and there were 12 angels before Kaworu was tossed down to being the 13th). But that's a very roundabout explanation and a capital alpha is a lot less troublesome.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

stern
Embryo

Postby stern » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 pm

First time I thought that scene where... Two Reis stare at each other, one in the tube, another in a school uniform, was a proof that Rei 2 was alive and that Wille lied to Shinji.
Now watching the movie again it seems Rei 3 is seeing the same kind of Rei apparitions that Shinji always saw.
“I wanted only to try to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?”
― Hermann Hesse, Demian

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:The other explanation I had in mind - assuming that it's a capital lambda - is that it stands in for the english L, the 12th letter of the Alphabet (and there were 12 angels before Kaworu was tossed down to being the 13th). But that's a very roundabout explanation and a capital alpha is a lot less troublesome.

http://i.imgur.com/ywT8Jrw.jpg

I guess this should settle this,
allthough i like they idea behind the lambda.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”