Evangelion 1.11 Aired on Toonami March 16

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Here's confirmation they hope to air 2.22 if the ratings for 1.11 were good.

Eva aside, this also functions as confirmation that they want to air more movies outside of the birthday event. I'd love to see anime movies get more TV exposure, so I'm glad about this. Redline would be just the perfect sort of thing to find on Adult Swim at 1 AM, no?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cl_theo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cl_theo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Here's confirmation they hope to air 2.22 if the ratings for 1.11 were good.

Eva aside, this also functions as confirmation that they want to air more movies outside of the birthday event. I'd love to see anime movies get more TV exposure, so I'm glad about this. Redline would be just the perfect sort of thing to find on Adult Swim at 1 AM, no?

Nice to see it getting recognition, but DAMN do people hate Eva on the Toonami forums. Saying all the usual "emo, whiny, overrated, ect." He'll one user was saying they hoped Eva bombed again. :sniffle:
PSN: cl_theo

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 pm

View Original Postcl_theo wrote:Nice to see it getting recognition, but DAMN do people hate Eva on the Toonami forums. Saying all the usual "emo, whiny, overrated, ect." He'll one user was saying they hoped Eva bombed again. :sniffle:

*Visit forums*
"I Can (Not) Stand Shinji"

Lel
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:38 pm

View Original Postcl_theo wrote:Nice to see it getting recognition, but DAMN do people hate Eva on the Toonami forums. Saying all the usual "emo, whiny, overrated, ect." He'll one user was saying they hoped Eva bombed again. :sniffle:

Your first mistake was visiting the AS forums.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Redline would be just the perfect sort of thing to find on Adult Swim at 1 AM, no?

"Oh boy, can't wait to see the high-adrenaline, high-octane thriller of a life- (film starts) *zzzzzzzz*

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Hmm, can the administrators tell us how many people join the forums over the next week? I want to know if this really will bring in an influx of fans.

Also, I DVR'ed the movie, maybe I'll use it to convert some friends to the show. The show takes a while to get going and the uncensored version of 1.11 might make them a bit... uncomfortable.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Hmmmm, all the tweets i saw trending on twitter were very positive, so hopefully that's a better indicator
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

cl_theo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cl_theo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Your first mistake was visiting the AS forums.

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, but made it realize how much Amercans who watch Bleach and Naruto hate Eva :irked:

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:Hmm, can the administrators tell us how many people join the forums over the next week? I want to know if this really will bring in an influx of fans.

Also, I DVR'ed the movie, maybe I'll use it to convert some friends to the show. The show takes a while to get going and the uncensored version of 1.11 might make them a bit... uncomfortable.

Normals don't deserve Eva.

cl_theo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cl_theo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:Hmm, can the administrators tell us how many people join the forums over the next week? I want to know if this really will bring in an influx of fans.

I'm not a member but I am keeping tabs on the forums because they always post the viewership numbers for the week. Although there were many positive tweets and such, the actual forums of toonami weren't all that impressed except for the members with Eva avatars. What I loved though was how apparently the staff members themselves like Eva AND defended Shinji on tumblr.

JB2448
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JB2448 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:32 pm

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Evangelion/Shinji-Is-Cute-Naked/m-p/67560971
And it begins.
Anyways, they're already hinting at airing 2.22.
Do a barrel roll!

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:52 pm

View Original Postcl_theo wrote:What I loved though was how apparently the staff members themselves like Eva AND defended Shinji on tumblr.

The actual Toonami guys are pretty bro tier. They'd love to get more and better shows for Toonami but unfortunately the higher ups aren't exactly gung ho about anime, and it's not hard to see why when you compare the ratings of their comedy shows to Anime, or when you compare Bleach (and now Naruto) to the multi cour one off shows they've gotten.

Part of the reason most of the shows they've gotten over the past year have been licensed by Funimation has been because Funi's been willing to work with their limited budget.
Last edited by CJD on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 pm

View Original PostJB2448 wrote:[url]http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Evangelion/Shinji-Is-Cute-Naked/m-p/67560971[/url]
And it begins.

Oh sweet Jesus those comments....
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

If these are the kind of people who are becoming new Eva fans and are coming here then I'd stay away from the image threads for a while.

Also, shouldn't the title of this thread just be changed to a general "Evangelion on Toonami" or something like that now that the date has passed?
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:16 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:If these are the kind of people who are becoming new Eva fans and are coming here then I'd stay away from the image threads for a while.

Well Shinji is cute naked

cl_theo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cl_theo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:The actual Toonami guys are pretty bro tier. They'd love to get more and better shows for Toonami but unfortunately the higher ups aren't exactly gung ho about anime, and it's not hard to see why when you compare the ratings of their comedy shows to Anime, or when you compare Bleach (and now Naruto) to the multi cour one off shows they've gotten.

Part of the reason most of the shows they've gotten over the past year have been licensed by Funimation has been because Funi's been willing to work with their limited budget.

And that is why I love Funi!

ancapevageek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ancapevageek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

View Original Postcl_theo wrote:And that is why I love Funi!

It was a wise business decision on funi's part. 1.11 and 2.22 are the top selling anime dvd/blu on amazon today.
Living the dream

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Check the stats page. There's a board for the amount of people that join monthly.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm

According to that thread, their reaction to the movie is "Misato should tie Shinji up and have sex with him".

cl_theo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cl_theo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:According to that thread, their reaction to the movie is "Misato should tie Shinji up and have sex with him".

Hope to see the number of views it got soon.

I'm relatively new, but I just wanted to,quickly say I freaking love all your posts here! It's like you're the older wise poster of this forum. There's always one mature member of a forum and for evageeks, it's you. Everything you post has a lot of researched material and well thought out analysis's of a psych and storytelling. Just wanted to quickly tell you that!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”