Geofront/Moon Stuff

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:47 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:^ It was the Geofront itself. It's not the pyramid because this is one of the last shots of the movie, after the credits, after the halt in 3I:
SPOILER: Show

One more thing, that Moon in the 3.0 shots above the Canyon of Teeth? Is that the real Moon or the 'white moon of the Adams' or who knows what? Why is it spinning. Moon doesn't spin. Why is it spinning so fast? Celestial bodies don't do that...

There is some serious shit that went down between the 3I of 2.0 and what we see in 3.0. Kaworu definitely did not tell us the whole story.
The pyramid with the circular hole is Nerv HQ?

By the way the moon does spin, but its rotation velocity plus earth's own rotation create the illusion that it doesn't so we only see one face of the moon.

either the moon is spinning wayyyy faster after 3I or the earth is moving slower?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 pm

I still don't see where the peeling up thing is...

3rd Impact ground zero was at the same level than the pyramid HQ, and by that last pic we see the pyramid is still there but the Geofront behind it is gone, the sky is clearly visible.
I was thinking it was the top of Geofront that peeled up, but it makes no sense with what Kaworu shows...

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 pm

The inverted pyramid to which you referred was a "pool", then I do not see how she could have become an "altar". I think the right diagram is something like this:
When Zeruel destroys the HQ you can see a hole sealed, perhaps a tunnel (beginning of dogma?)?

PS.:I'm new here, sorry if I have committed any mistake in English

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

is there a layout of geofront, tokio-3 somewhere?

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Couldn't the moon seen be the Geofront moon? I recall the 2nd impact flashback in 2.0 showed a moon-like object rising. It would make sense that the same thing could happen here.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 am

The top end of the screw looks like the surface of the moon (craters and all) which leads me to believe it is part of the Black Moon, but looking at the image from Final, it looks like there is another, equally large part on the end of the "screw" that also resembles the moon. Does the "screw" go through the entire Black Moon? It seems to me like the "screw" is a piece in the centre of the Black Moon that rises up. Possibly it's the part containing Lilith, etc.? After near-4I, Asuka, Shinji and Rei somehow get from Lilith's chamber to the surface; possibly Lilith's chamber is somewhere in the "screw" in the centre of the Black Moon and then during 4I the screw rose up further. Then when 4I didn't happen it stopped rising and fell over, and Asuka, Shinji and Rei fell out of it.

In regards to the pyramid and all that, the way the pyramid is sticking out of the iris reminds me of how Eva-01 was sucked into Lilith's third eye in EoE, and erupted from her iris later. Could Lilith have been trying to form a Red GNR and participate in Third Impact? Although the iris here is blue, and no-one besides Asuka in the film has blue eyes....Giant Naked Asuka? Haha. Seriously, though, the fact that another Giant humanoid other than the Radiant Giant Eva-01 was trying to form at 3I is creepy...

The pale red-cross-cut Moon resembles the red-cross-cut Black Moon from EoE, but whether it's actually the White Moon isn't clear. The White Moon moniker, as I understand it, is not related to the White Moon's colour but is actually meant to be a designation to distinguish the White Moon from the Black Moon. In reality the two structure could be similarly coloured. Unlike in EoE, red stuff isn't drooling out of the cuts, though... Additionally, in EoE the Black Moon only started to get cut when Shinji/Eva-01 halted Third Impact. But here, Shinji was all for 3I happening (or at least.. he didn't try to stop it or anything).

In the final shots of 2.0 the Moon and most of the ground in front of the Nerv pyramid's remains are pretty much intact (you can see the Moon behind the Mark.06). So either that isn't the real Moon, or it's an illusion. Or possibly all this shit happened because of the Eleventh Angel or any number of occurrences during the timeskip. At this rate, Anno will have enough missing timeskip material to make another film, telling us about how the world got fucked up, the Eleventh Angel, and all that.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 am

looking at kaworu's explanation scene and 4th impact scene, I get this:Image
eva-13 is seen ascending from central dogma inside the pylon and bursting out at the base of the inverted pyramid, destroying the pylon in the process.
the peeled thing is above ground and in the center of the iris.
and the mushroom thing is below the iris, if it includes or not central dogma is just assumption.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 am

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Couldn't the moon seen be the Geofront moon? I recall the 2nd impact flashback in 2.0 showed a moon-like object rising.

No Moon-like object rising, just an expanding black sphere that manifests out of thin air (Chamber of Guf?).

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:No Moon-like object rising, just an expanding black sphere that manifests out of thin air (Chamber of Guf?).

Probably not, since the big spinning vortex is meant to be the Door (of Guf?), although the sphere isn't seen above post-2I Antarctica, so it probably isn't a tangible object and may have disappeared after the event was over.

And I'm nothing like you

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:One more thing, that Moon in the 3.0 shots above the Canyon of Teeth? Is that the real Moon or the 'white moon of the Adams' or who knows what? Why is it spinning. Moon doesn't spin. Why is it spinning so fast? Celestial bodies don't do that...

There is some serious shit that went down between the 3I of 2.0 and what we see in 3.0. Kaworu definitely did not tell us the whole story.

Actually the moon rotates once approximately at 27 days, so we see only one its side. The moon in RoE may be a SoL (it's hard to imagine the technology which is able to deliver there the angel from which Mark 06 was constructed), so it reacts to impacts as the black moon from EoE (the moon in EoE is a egg-cell from which an angelic being should evolve, an impact should provide this being with an unified soul).
It may have accelerated its spinning during the impact, got close to the Earth and captured a part of Earth's atmosphere, this may explain why Shinji needs pressurized suit to walk out of the geofront.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:35 am

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:The moon in RoE may be a SoL

Seed of Life? A Seed of Life is what Adam and Lilith are.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Seed of Life? A Seed of Life is what Adam and Lilith are.

Yes, I've mistaken in terms here, let's assume that it's a transportation unit, which carries the angel and the spear of Cassius (if the purpose of the Mark 06 is to be the inhibitor of the 3I, there is no need to transport it to the moon even if such a technology exists, the orbit is sufficient).
There a yet another problem, the moon was unchanged at the very end of 2.0. If this not a plot glitch, this means that all what Kaworu have revealed to Shinji had happened after his withdrawal from the world, although this still may be the consequence of Shinji's actions, for example, after he was put into the orbit, so Kaworu hasn't lied. There are missing pieces.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:No Moon-like object rising, just an expanding black sphere that manifests out of thin air (Chamber of Guf?).

4 Black Crosses or are my eyes tricked?

And again we see beeind 2I totally different from 3I and 4I.
I guess atleast Anno managed to make it genuily bogus again what happened at the 2I just like in NGE.

I could really imagine that this is one of those scenes which probably get a remake when 4.0 doesnt manage to explain this in a somewhat accaptable manner.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 am

View Original PostRamiel² wrote:4 Black Crosses or are my eyes tricked?

And again we see beeind 2I totally different from 3I and 4I.
I guess atleast Anno managed to make it genuily bogus again what happened at the 2I just like in NGE.

I could really imagine that this is one of those scenes which probably get a remake when 4.0 doesnt manage to explain this in a somewhat accaptable manner.

I see 4 black crosses as well. Probably related to the 4 Adams somehow.

Also, when Shinji is climbing Lilith's back in Eva-13, cross-shaped cuts like those on the Moon can be seen on her previously flawless marshmallow skin. Could the two be related? I'll try to get an image up.

EDIT:

Look closely at the surface of Lilith's back here:

And here:

You can see black cross-shaped cuts on her skin, like those on the Moon, but less distinct and not red.

And I'm nothing like you

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:You can see black cross-shaped cuts on her skin, like those on the Moon, but less distinct and not red.

Heh, I was planning on posting about this, but I hadn't considered (at least, at any heavy conscious level) a connection with what happened to the Moon. Very interesting...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 pm

at the rate new concepts were introduced in the first 3 movies and never explained or touched again in Q, Final will be either really long, or we'll just not have enough information to reach the same level of understanding as we had of the series + EoE.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

The biggest problem I have with all those impacts is that each of them is totally unique. The cause, and how it happens is not the same.

Of course each of them probably involves chamber of Guf, mass extinction, etc. But why the differences? It adds to the confusion.

And of course the world in the third movie... It's very different from the post near third impact world we see at the end of the second movie. I wonder if they are going to talk about that 14 years gap using another support, like a book, a manga, or a mini series...

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Isnt the door supposed to be the halo? If anything, that could be the object behind the door seen in 4th Impact
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 pm

View Original PostAlpha wrote:Isnt the door supposed to be the halo? If anything, that could be the object behind the door seen in 4th Impact

That's why I said "Chamber of Guf" (i.e., the thing that the door leads to).

I just posted the animation to debunk the "rising moon" speculation. Most of the other discussion about the image -- along with Jin-Roh's most recent post -- belongs in Impact Mechanics. This thread is for discussing the bizarre landscapes( /moonscapes) we're shown in 3.0.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”