MIA in 3.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kamille Bidan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kamille Bidan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm guessing that Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari are all either detained or killed in the restructuring of NERV or, even worse, have been turned into FOIs or the Nemesis Series. Pen-Pen is most likely just chilling somewhere on-board the Wunder and has yet to appear because Anno wanted 4.0 super serious. I'm predicting Kaji will return or at least the "place of hope" is something that Kaji had left behind before he had died.
I'll correct adults like you!

hwdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 pm

well toji was supposed to be a pilot at some point, so why not?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 am

I too am a bit hopeful for Kaji. The remark by Kohji "She's a more interesting captain than Kaji described" may imply that Kaji has seen Misato as a captain, i.e. since the breakup of Nerv and Wille, so it seems unlikely that he died in N3I or even in whatever the subsequent 3I was.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am

View Original Posthwdge wrote:well toji was supposed to be a pilot at some point, so why not?

Maybe Toji, Hikari and Kensuke were the pilots of Eva Units 07, 10 and 11?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:58 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Maybe Toji, Hikari and Kensuke were the pilots of Eva Units 07, 10 and 11?

Haha. It might explain Toji's shirt being in NERV's possession. I don't think Gendo is so twisted that he went out of his way to acquire such a thing just to mess with Shinji's head.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:05 pm

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:Haha. It might explain Toji's shirt being in NERV's possession. I don't think Gendo is so twisted that he went out of his way to acquire such a thing just to mess with Shinji's head.

I've been wondering about that as well. I still have no earthly idea how it got into Nerv's possession.

Tenshi no Otaku
Embryo

Re: [SPOILERS] Shinji's shirt text

•      
  •      

Postby Tenshi no Otaku » Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 pm

View Original PostCloud7896 wrote:Can anyone tell what's was the text on the Shinji's shirt when he wears it?He made a such shocked face but i can't figure out why...

The Shirt Shinji Held with the Shocked Face was Touji Suzuhara's Shirt (鈴原 トウジ ) , Unfortunelly it doesn't tell us anything about any of them being missing , only to emphasise the point of them being missing...
It's a shame though , i Wish that they could have had a bit more of a clue to it all...
Im a Evangelion dedicated Hentai Doujin Artist .

----
Misato Katsuragi and Ritsuko Akagi are epic D

Yokai
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yokai » Thu May 09, 2013 11:11 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I've been wondering about that as well. I still have no earthly idea how it got into Nerv's possession.

I'm pretty sure they were collecting what they could of school uniforms, and perhaps purposely choose to give him Touji's shirt so he would confront Kaworu about "his friends", setting the wheels of fate into action.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 10, 2013 5:10 am

Another theory is that during the time skip Toji became a pilot, like in NGE(for EVA-07?) as with EVA-01's containment and 00's noming by Zeruel, Japan still had the right to have one more active EVA per the Vatican Treaty.

Then during that time skip the crazy bad shit happened, and Toji whether died or defected for WILLE.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Another theory is that during the time skip Toji became a pilot, like in NGE(for EVA-07?) as with EVA-01's containment and 00's noming by Zeruel, Japan still had the right to have one more active EVA per the Vatican Treaty.

Then during that time skip the crazy bad shit happened, and Toji whether died or defected for WILLE.

It would be interesting to have Toji in action as a pilot IF we will ever see what happened in the 14 years gap.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

I don't know. I think it is pretty heavily implied Toji is dead at the very least. Knowing how protective he was of his sister, you think he would let her put her life on the line as part of a rebel group without at least putting himself there instead or with her to make sure she was safe.

He's probably dead. Which is kind of funny because he avoided being in Unit 03 thanks to Asuka, and then got it worse then he did than the TV show... if dead.

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Another theory is that during the time skip Toji became a pilot, like in NGE(for EVA-07?) as with EVA-01's containment and 00's noming by Zeruel, Japan still had the right to have one more active EVA per the Vatican Treaty.

Maybe he died piloting evas of nerv/seele , died and after that her sister joined Wille to avenge him
It's probably at this time that wille was created

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 am

I find it extremely hard to believe that Toji's dead. There's just no way his sister would've been able to be so cheery around Shinji if he had died... she would've been glaring at him with the rest of Wille if that had been the case.

There's nothing in 3.0 to suggest that Toji died. When Shinji asks Kaworu about what happened, he learns that lots of people died. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Toji died. Of course... Shinji (and perhaps the audience) jump to the conclusion that Toji died, but that's just an assumption. And one that, based on prior indications, is probably wrong.

Knowing how protective he was of his sister, you think he would let her put her life on the line as part of a rebel group without at least putting himself there instead or with her to make sure she was safe.

His sister is an adult now. As much as Toji might not like it, there's nothing he could do to stop her from joining Wille. Besides, given the state of the world after 3I, I'm sure there wasn't really much choice.

And who's to say that Toji isn't with his sister at Wille, just because we didn't see him there in 3.0?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Possibly Toji was a pilot from Nerv or Wille, but his Eva got destroyed during the conflict with the JSSDF/Lilith so he's now just hanging around the Wille fleet somewhere?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm

View Original PostYaywalter wrote:I find it extremely hard to believe that Toji's dead. There's just no way his sister would've been able to be so cheery around Shinji if he had died... she would've been glaring at him with the rest of Wille if that had been the case.

She was cheery but also seemed a bit sad. After she tells Shinji who she is, she smiles but rubs a finger under her nose, like she's sniffling or has a bit of a runny nose.

I inferred from this little gesture that he's dead and she's sad, but before his death he left a strong impression upon her to be forgiving, because no matter what comes of Shinji's actions, he has good intentions.

Or maybe she's just being cute.
Last edited by Charsi on Fri May 10, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

It would be interesting to have Toji alive in Final, purely to see how he reacts to Shinji. They made up at the middle of 1.0 and were friends in 2.0; it would be crippling to Shinji if Toji hated his guts in the next movie. At any rate, it would make for some interesting character development. I do believe that we'll be seeing it in FINAL, unless Nerv kidnaps Shinji again and the movie zeros in on him. If he stays with Wille,we'll still get to see other characters even if the movie focuses on him.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sat May 11, 2013 10:25 am

View Original PostCharsi wrote:She was cheery but also seemed a bit sad. After she tells Shinji who she is, she smiles but rubs a finger under her nose, like she's sniffling or has a bit of a runny nose.

I inferred from this little gesture that he's dead and she's sad, but before his death he left a strong impression upon her to be forgiving, because no matter what comes of Shinji's actions, he has good intentions.

Or maybe she's just being cute.

I took her reaction of rubbing her finger under her nose as just being cute to emphasise the idea that she's Toji's little sister.

The only time where she didn't look 100% cheerful was when she gave Shinji a look of pity when he was being glared at/ignored by all the others, and was trying to take the DSS Choker off. That, and when he chose to leave Wille for Nerv.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Touji, Hikari and Kensuke in 3.0 and Beyond...

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat May 11, 2013 10:59 am

So Touji, Kensuke and Hikari were last seen in 2.0, hiding from Zeruel. We see Touji shield Hikari from something, and we never see them again.

Which begs the question, where exactly ARE they? Touji's sister Sakura is alive and well, but there is no sign of the 3. Are we to assume that they died in Near-Third Impact and are now among the many red crystalline Evangelion-shaped structures dotting the landscape? Are they in the refuge, hiding with the rest of what remains of humanity, and are no longer important to the story? Will we ever see them again?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

BastianDansk
Embryo

Re: Touji, Hikari and Kensuke in 3.0 and Beyond...

•      
  •      

Postby BastianDansk » Sat May 11, 2013 7:18 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:So Touji, Kensuke and Hikari were last seen in 2.0, hiding from Zeruel. We see Touji shield Hikari from something, and we never see them again.

Which begs the question, where exactly ARE they? Touji's sister Sakura is alive and well, but there is no sign of the 3. Are we to assume that they died in Near-Third Impact and are now among the many red crystalline Evangelion-shaped structures dotting the landscape? Are they in the refuge, hiding with the rest of what remains of humanity, and are no longer important to the story? Will we ever see them again?

Then, why Sakura is alive now? I mean, Touji, Sakura, Hikari and Kensuke were on the same place, hiding from Zeruel.

Why Sakura is alive and Touji not?

Sorry for my bad english, English is not my native language but i'm still trying to write this :c
Love psychological animes.
Love Rurouni Kenshin, Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Saint Seiya and To Love-Ru.

In Taringa i'm Nagashi_Help (:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Touji, Hikari and Kensuke in 3.0 and Beyond...

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun May 12, 2013 11:16 am

View Original PostBastianDansk wrote:Why Sakura is alive and Touji not?

Perhaps Toji is alive, but simply not on the AAA Wunder. There's got to be more surviving humans; after all, the Wunder had to drop off their fleet somewhere.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”