Camrips Discussion Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 pm

I guess we have at least some idea of what#s going on in the chaotic finale now/ we can now safely say what's true and what not.

The visuals aren't too shabby, I'm particularly impressed by the fluid detailed expressions/body language and those impressing scenes of destruction during fourth impact.

Now that DOES look like a world scale cathastrophe.
Which makes Shinji's "My god what have I done" moment all the more stunning, when we see him stare helplessly as everything freakin desintegrates around him...

I like how the battles take place between all those chunks of half-falling half-floatingdebris.
It all just looks freaky as hell and you really get how they are holding out in the remnants of a dying world.

And Kaworu's death is just evil. The perspective cuts just make it worse.

Also, congratulations, as if he wasn't traumatized enough, Shinji now knows what it feels like to stab yourself in the gut.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Well it did'nt take long for me to cave and watch the Karwou death scene..... Jesus Christ..... poor Shinji.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Well it did'nt take long for me to cave and watch the Karwou death scene..... Jesus Christ..... poor Shinji.

If it is any consolation, that's probably a rather quick and painless method to die.

Oh, and if this alone wasn't horrible enough to make sure Shinji will spend the rest of his life as a shivering wreck in a madhouse... Then think very hard about this: He knows they were originally gonna do that to him. Now that's what it feels like to be hated.

We're past the event horizon here, I just fail to see how he could possibly make it...

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Jesus christ. The quality in this cam-rip seems even worse than the previous 12 min we got almost three weeks ago. I think I'm better off waiting until something better shows up....

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm

One thing that confuses, though, is that I don't see the sky vagina thing from the trailer anywhere here. I always assumed it was part of the 4I-scene... Is it in the movie at all?
Last edited by Kendrix on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:If it is any consolation, that's probably a rather quick and painless method to die.

Oh, and if this alone wasn't horrible enough to make sure Shinji will spend the rest of his life as a shivering wreck in a madhouse... Then think very hard about this: He knows they were originally gonna do that to him. Now that's what it feels like to be hated.

We're past the event horizon here, I just fail to see how he could possibly make it...

Oh I'm well aware, It was Misato, the one who allways had Shin's back, willfully, with malice and forethought,pulled the trigger to blow off Shinji-kun's head. I know some don't like this plot-point but it makes it all the more engaging for me.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Well, I can't fault her for wanting to stop third impact - let's be honest, as this point, blowing Shinji to hell would be doing him a favor.

But what's harder to forgive is her "You're not needed at all." in the beginning. She can't possibly NOT know how much that sounds like something out of his nightmares.

Then again, I'm not sure what to make out of that utterance of "Shinji-kun..." seen in the camrip. It sounds almost... like usual.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Just got a chance to watch it. Not gonna lie the first half almost threw me into DESPAIR again but for some reason the second half helped me rebound. Odd, since Kaworu's death is in it.

Anyway, is it just me or does 3.0 feel a lot more "final" than expected? Between the music and the shots everything just has a sense of finality to it. Remove Gendo's lines at the end foreshadowing more and I feel like I could see this being the end of the series. It just feels so much more like a climax than I expected it to. I suppose the big part of it is Kaworu's death, considering his role has been hinted at for the past two movies and now we finally see his end. I want to say it feels important that 4.0 will be the first of the movies without him in it, but then again who the fuck knows. He'll probably make a comeback through time magic, giant marshmellow people, or something even weirder.

Also, that shot of Kaworu in his normal outfit after his death was interesting. I wonder what it's it about. Could be as simple as symbolizing him leaving, could be more. Again, though, who the fuck knows.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Then again, I'm not sure what to make out of that utterance of "Shinji-kun..." seen in the camrip. It sounds almost... like usual.

Could it be she regrets her actions? Took her the whole bloody movie. Maybe she feels guilty for pushing Shinji to this point. If so she gets the same amount of sympathy from me as Gendo got in NGE. Zilch.

/cast flameshield
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:If anyone is seriously suggesting that Wille are bad guys or that Misato is genuinely "wrong" to threaten to blow Shinji's head off if he winds up doing such-and-so (which he actually does later in the movie), they are being denser than they have any right to be.

That sums up my feelings nicely.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only one got a Space Battleship Yamato vibe with Misato. There is an equally eerily similar vibe I have with Galaxy Express 999 when it comes Asuka's eye patch. All she needs to do is put on the left and have some scars on the right.

:hahaha:

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 pm

some one on /a/ has been working to rotate the display fit it to full screen size and add subs. Ill update you guys when its done

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm

The whole 'Gods Gift' sequence with Mari wrestling Unit-13's entry-plug out was absolutely gorgeous, even in low-qual, particularly the shot of the giant 4I 'uber halo' collapsing on itself.

I simply cannot wait to see this for real! :)
Does the bus run through here!?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:26 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:One thing that confuses, though, is that I don't see the sky vagina thing from the trailer anywhere here. I always assumed it was part of the 4I-scene... Is it in the movie at all?

That's the Nemesis Series. According to written descriptions I've seen, the "eye opens" around 12:58.

CJD wrote:Also, that shot of Kaworu in his normal outfit after his death was interesting. I wonder what it's it about.

Speculation I've hard is that it's Kaworu's soul departing to close the Door of Guf.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:People have remarked about being puzzled by Asuka's eyes glowing different colours; could it be as simple as that they both glow green, but the eyepatch changes the colour of the light that gets through it?

The colour of light is determined by the frequency of the electromagnetic waves it is composed of. When light passes through a refractive index such as water, its frequency remains the same, thus red objects appear red from underwater and their colour doesn't change. When light passes from one medium to another, it may be refracted or reflected but its frequency remains the same. Thus its colour remains the same. Thus, I can't see how the eyepatch is meant to change the colour of the light from Asuka's eye. It could just be under the realm of pseudo-science, though... Though if Asuka's eye is working normally, why wear an eyepatch at all? And the blue light looks a lot smaller than her iris...
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Update for the cam rip enhancements

ill just quote the post below

"Camrip editor anon here with an update.
Video is completely flipped and cropped. Added in scenes from the trailer where they fit (and where I could find them in the footage).
Finished editing, going on to subbing now."

The evidence thats hes really doing this are pictures hes posting of his progress it looks 100 times better

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 pm

I think I'll wait until the actual release before I start really hunting this down. At least semi-legit. But just those screencaps can say a lot. Shinji must think he's in Hell.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:Update for the cam rip enhancements

ill just quote the post below

"Camrip editor anon here with an update.
Video is completely flipped and cropped. Added in scenes from the trailer where they fit (and where I could find them in the footage).
Finished editing, going on to subbing now."

The evidence thats hes really doing this are pictures hes posting of his progress it looks 100 times better

Awesome, looking forward to it. :)

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Fuck it! I'm just gonna wait for the official 3.0 and 3.33 (?) DVD/BluRay.

Looking up the camrip at google kinda feels like jacking off without anything coming out. Damn.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Forget Google. Just go to /a/.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:55 pm

*cough PM me for a link cough*
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”