[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
angel00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby angel00 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm

This movie seems a complete break with the sequence of events of the last movie.

I can imagine Anno speaking with your team:

Team - Ok, Anno, in the second film Shinji stop of be complete loser. He saved the tokio 3 of destruction, saved the girl of the interior of angel and finished closed with her into a eva. They probably are having sex. How we will put the things in the correct way of NGE?

Anno - Quite simple: go 14 year in the future, change all with a big mess and destroy Shinji mind like the other time.

Team - Anno, you are a Genius!

Ok, thinking better, the second movie had broken with NGE first...
The end is coming...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Asuka survival confirmed.

People are throwing that word around far too frequently. She survived the opening act, yes. Beyond that? We still got nothing.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Nerv Seele Wille One of these things doesn't sound as cool as the other.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:People are throwing that word around far too frequently. She survived the opening act, yes. Beyond that? We still got nothing.

It's footage from end of the film, clearly. Takes place after Kaworu's suicide too. There's no reason to think she kick the bucket now

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:People are throwing that word around far too frequently. She survived the opening act, yes. Beyond that? We still got nothing.
Now don't we look silly?

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Headless 00 with Scythe is retarded. The Space Shuttle For a Head Eva is even more retarded than anything I've ever concieved or seen anywhere in the darkest trenches of the fandom. It is literally absurdity embodied.

Totally agree with that. It feels like they were on drugs and tried to find the most idiotic concept ever to design an eva.

And why recycling unit 00? It was eaten, nothing was left. I don't really understand the point of modifying already existing evas and assigning them a new number. It's... weird.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:Also the fact that no one on the speculation thread, as far as I'm aware, came up with 'Massive Time Skip In Space'.
The timeskip we didn't get; but the idea of a sentai team (which meant there had to be a pink Eva) and going out into space to face the Black Space God from Mars were covered.

-Poofy-haired new female character
Midori Kitakami, bridge crew on the Katsuragi fleet.

Most of the rest of it, forgotten what with all the good shit they must have gotten from Shaft.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Am I the only one who found the picture where the brunette girl is talking to Shinji terribly adorable?
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:oh you. Not opening 2.0 debate because with that I can see where the hate is coming from but what was wrong with 1.0 in major way? It was really good SF mecha film as far as I can tell. It didn't even suffer from pacing or characterization issues thanks to how amazingly good Eva's first 1-6 ep arc is.

it's fucking boring. would literally not have given 1.0 a second thought if not for it's Eva. Only halfway interesting facet of 1.0 is Anno's take on the "Shinji runs away" sequence which I believe was the only episode of NGE with which he had no involvement, and in that case what is interesting is that he so thoroughly chokes one of the most effective sequences of the original show (deliberately of course, since it wouldn't do if you were to find Shinji too sympathetic at this point). And before somebody mentions the Ramiel fight, the Ramiel fight is pretty to look at but no more interesting than the original, suffering from the same tiresome OH MY GOD BIG MACHINES ELECTRICITY SKHFGFSJGG fixation that is congruent to and just as annoying as modern otaku fixation with pantsu. but wait, now the giant power cables are CG!!!!!! real good setpiece there Anno
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:OH MY GOD BIG MACHINES ELECTRICITY SKHFGFSJGG fixation that is congruent to and just as annoying as modern otaku fixation with pantsu. but wait, now the giant power cables are CG!!!!!! real good setpiece there Anno
Military and tech fetishism is a part of Eva.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:DAT Misato.
What does the scouter say about her power level?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:it's fucking boring.

okay, that was pretty good and understandable point. :lol:

But looking it from perspective when one's not familiar with Eva and basic plot outline would it really fare that much worse? I don't think 1.0 differs enough from Eva's first six episodes to warrant hugely different response as a product. (Funnily enough I remember not caring much for Eva's first half when I first saw the show, its goodness only revealed itself to me later)

I agree cutting ep 4 (the best episode of first half) was travesty but I think justified move for film as a whole.

(note: it's not accurate to say Anno didn't have involvement with it. It's just that he didn't personally write the screenplay for it. That doesn't imply complete hands off)

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:DAT Misato.

SPOILER: Show

Misato - off the badass scale.

Angry cougar Ritsuko makes me think bad thoughts.

I am worried because Mari looks worried.

Unit 8 handgun fight = attempted lauch of Unit 9?

Also Asuka happy to see someone. Also Shinji staring into a tank or out of a window?
Last edited by Jayfive on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:It's footage from end of the film, clearly. Takes place after Kaworu's suicide too. There's no reason to think she kick the bucket now

Wait, how do we know any of that?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Where are you guys getting the scans from exactly?

mastervampire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mastervampire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm

So Asuka isnt an angel she she does survive?

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:What does the scouter say about her power level?

I really don't want to know... But yes, that pic of Shinni and the girl looks... Interesting. No thoughts on what she does/where she comes from?

EDIT: Oh yeah, that is Touji's sister Sakura. Why do I feel weird saying Sakura in Evangelion context?
Last edited by TomasJC on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm only up to page 5 but man this is the most fun thread I've read in a long time
Voluntary Illusion.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wait, how do we know any of that?

It isn't that hard to tell which scene coincide with certain pieces of 2ch summaries/spoilers. The bit in that image can only fit ending based on what I've read so far

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”