Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 pm

I wonder who that pink haired girl is? come on youtube.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 pm

I took a gander at translation and apparently people are playing Shogi. I would guess it would be Fuyutsuki?

I can't wait for to see the trailer!

However, I couldn't actually find any mentions of Yui's name on the summary though. I feel like it's a google translate error. So it's just Shinji, Kaworu, Rei, and Asuka.[/u]
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 am

Pink hair mmmmmh

Anno what are you up to again!??

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Zeldafan888
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeldafan888 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:54 am

Pink hair hmm.... is Utena Tenjou going to appear in this movie?

Pomme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Pomme » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 am

Wow 2 news characters ? Can't stop thinking about this :

I hope we'll get soon images/video of this trailer !

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 am

My first reaction on hearing the words 'pink hair' were actually of Code Lyoko's Aelita Schaeffer. but then again, I was a major fan of that show at the same time I got into Eva.

So, if this mystery girl is a match with the second-from-left profile pic, what's the connection with Maya, given both are dressed in what looks to be the same 'paramilitary' outfit (boots, tucked in pants). The armband both are wearing tied off around their upper arms also makes me think of 'rebellion' i.e. the trope of dissenting soldiers doing a simple modification to their uniform to mark themselves as part of a specific faction (for those who've ever seen Eureka-7, I'm reminded of Captain Jurgens and the crew of the Super Izumo, who do the same thing after they defect from the Federation and throw their lot in with the shows' heroes).

And Asuka wearing a hat with a badge...well, she does have a commission with the Euro Air Force, so possibly she has a uniform to go with it.

We're really about to go off into new territory, aren't we? Am I the only one equal parts excited and afraid right now.
Does the bus run through here!?

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 am

The trailer it's at the official website now!!...but "Out current service it not available in your country" ¬¬, we need to wait to youtube

www.evangelion.co.jp/trailer.html

But there is this :D

SPOILER: Show

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0047398

Last edited by Kuronekodou on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

sachiel01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 am

New character? and Eva-08?
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/trailer.html

ImageImageImage
FROM Japan

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 am

Sexy!

I'm assuming the Pink Eva is being driven by Mari in her snazzy pink plugsuit.

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:36 am

Pink Eva with Cthulu eyes?

And we have a OST track name: 'The Wrath of God, in All it's Fury', by (of couse) Shiro Sagisu

EDIT:
And we're back to Evas toting oversized handguns.

Here's hoping for something good - with the exception of the Eva itself, a glance at the screenshots gives the impression that they could be from any generic anime, not Evangelion (which is not to doubt their authenticity).

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:42 am

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19254620

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 am

http://www.evageeks.org/video/3.0_nov1_trailer.avi

Pomme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Pomme » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 am

^ I have tears in my eyes ! Thanks ! How long have we waited for a CAM version after the theatrical release of 1.0 and 2.0 ? This time I can't wait for DVD release...

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:01 am

So, we've got (in no particular order):

Eyepatch-Asuka wearing a burgandy-coloured windbreaker and baseball cap over her patched-up plug suit, looking sullen as she gets up off the floor. The cap is black and appears custom-made for her, as it includes two 'neko-ear-points' (like the helmet we've seen in some art) for her A10 clips to fit snugly into.

Mystery girl A (pinkie) showing off the fullness of her lips (seriously, the shading makes them look huge). She seems to be seated in a chair in some kind of command-post, with an over-shoulder safety harness. She spins around and shouts as if relaying an order or data to someone offscreen (bridge bunnies!)

Mystery girl B (brunette) shouting while wearing some kind of ascot or bandana.

Pink eva running along some kind of metal structure against a blue sky, while letting off its giant handgun.

Shinji shouting into the camera in what looks like indignation/rage. He looks like he's in a hospital gown and the background suggests a laboratory of some kind (angry at being pulled out of Unit-1, or that Rei was left behind?).

An elevator car descending on inclined rails down a tunnel (into the Geofront?).

A destroyer being swallowed/disintergrated by some kind of vortex (it's DDH-143, the Shirane, a destroyer in reality scheduled to be decomissioned in 2014). It wouldn't be Anno without love for the ships of the IJN and JMSDF!

Lots of Eva-2 doing its orbital fight. From what I can tell, it might not actually be fighting an angel, as its constantly evading what look to be missiles. Juxtaposed with what we know of NERV's staff being incarcerated, and the images of damaged NERV emblems (see below), could Q be about NERV fighting for its own survival?

Asuka screaming in the entry plug (twice, one in extreme pain and then in rage, while she hauls on the control handles as if delivering a massive punch).

Smug Mari is smug, Rei chilling in her tank, Kwarou and Shinji doing their piano piece. Oh, and seductive Kwarou is seductive, at least in the pose he strikes.

The 'classic' NERV logo emblazoned on a heavily pitted and damaged surface (looks its been damaged by ammo impacts, or maybe meteor/asteroid impacts) - Unit 2 looks to have taken similar damage in some of the shots.

More of Sagisu's music, evokative of 1.11's 'Angels of Doom'.

Asuka's baseball cap sports two badges that we can see, both of them pinned off-center above the brim. One is a white skull on a red background, with an eyepatch over one eye socket - the other eye socket is in the shape of a five-pointed star. The badge as a whole is slightly evocative of the skull-badge Yoko Littner wore in Gurren Lagan. Her second batch appears to be the blue-white-red roundel emblem of the Royal Air Force (so, assuming the badge has any significance...the Euro Air Force grew out of the RAF?)

The CGI on Unit 2 is much improved from the snippet we got long ago.

The animation style appears to be more fluid and naturalistic than before - I was surprised and pleased with some of the shots, such as Asuka getting up out of her slouch. At the same time, it's a very different art style to 1.0 and 2.0, which I find more than a little jarring (I think it's the way the eyes are drawn that bugs me) - while recognisably Sadamoto-style artwork, it comes across more in the vein of the Summer Wars or the Girl that Leapt Through Time.
Last edited by TB3 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 am

Surely pink eva = Unit 7. Havent we seen Unit 8 already in an eariler trailer?

Also Unit 2 taking serious damage in that last shot there.

And these new characters arent young Misato and young ritsuko as I tried to call it when those silhouettes appeared. Nerv staff? Seele staff sympathetic to the pilots? Has pink girl got a bridge bunny uniform on there?

And if that is pink girl in the silhouette, what is the significance that she's wearing the same thing on her arm as what the shadow we presume to be Ibuki?

Oh and we've still got 5 shadows unaccounted for.

And finally whats that game with the tiles...someone in playing. The natural assumption would be Shinji and Kaworu but you can't be sure.
Last edited by Jayfive on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:29 am

The Wrath of God, in All it's Fury - shouldnt it be its instead of it's?

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Surely pink eva = Unit 7. Havent we seen Unit 8 already in an eariler trailer?

Unit-08 was subject to a re-design.

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Also Unit 2 taking serious damage in that last shot there.

Yeah, it looks like it's other arm gets blown off.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am

So, Pink-haired girl, we heard you want to pilot Evangelion...

over our dead Shinji

Heheh, I'm kidding(?)

Also, if you line up the shot from the trailer and the profile shot of the Mark 08 art from Na7e's post, it would appear the pink Evangelion is indeed the re-designed Mark 08. It also has a gun. That's new.

Sagisu has composed new music. Just how many new compositions there are in the film and how much is re-scored from the series will be interesting to see.

Shinji looks like he isn't upset about something.
He looks like actually wants to do something.
That's new.
Voluntary Illusion.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:01 am

I don't think the pink haired girl is going to pilot an Eva.

I'm thinking she's going to be some new sort've glorified Bridge Bunny. Another Maya essentially.

Now the Brunette? Yeah.. I can see her being a pilot. But in the end these new characters- whatever their role may be - are strictly going to be supporting. (And will probably lead to a million more "Underdeveloped character" arguments again)

I'm curious to see if Shinji & Rei are even going to get back in an Eva once they escape (or in Rei's case- maybe do not escape) Eva Unit 01.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:13 am

New trailer is sensory overload - More new characters, new music compositions, fight scenes. Wow.

This. Is. Insane.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”