Evangelion 3.0 OST, out!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm

I usually can't make out the words in choral music so the silly lyrics don't really bother me in any direct way, I mostly worry about what the people in the choir were thinking when they were recording this.

alexyoshi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby alexyoshi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Did you guys know that some tracks like "The anthem" or "The wrath of God in all it's fury" are remakes from an other anime of Anno, Nadia The secret of blue water ?

Check for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQukO2CkN8&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm

View Original PostRamiel² wrote:The only tracks i can really enjoy at the moment are Gods Message, Wrath of god and gods gift.

Normally i find it hard to draw affection to a certain piece of music untill i made a visual and emotional connection to it, as in see the movie first.

Was the same for me when 2.0 came out, now i really enjoy most of the music out of it.

I listened to 1.0 way before the film... Passed it on the 3rd track when I found it too similar to NGE (went back to it after listening "Angel of Doom" in the film)

I liked a LOT 2.0 before watching the camrip and knew all the songs when I actually watched the film (I recall thinking "ohh, this scene must be freakin' awesome!" by just listening to the beginning of each piece)

As for 3.0... Well, I like it, but... It seems less "whoa!" than 2.0... Dunno if there is a shortage of action scenes that bring forth music like "Destiny", "Fate", "In my spirit" or "Keep your head above the mayhem"
Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the film...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

tomtom92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tomtom92 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

@alexyoshi yeah and "Gods Message" is also in there 2 =3

alexyoshi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby alexyoshi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

totally agree with you @arael

i didn't know thx @tomtom92

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm

View Original Postalexyoshi wrote:Did you guys know that some tracks like "The anthem" or "The wrath of God in all it's fury" are remakes from an other anime of Anno, Nadia The secret of blue water ?

Check for yourself

You dont have by any Chance a Link at hand where they play Gods Message (Babel no Hikari) and The wrath of god in Nadia Episodes?

I tried to look for it myself without luck and as i didnt see nadia yet i find it kind of hard to look through the whole story myself just for a few scenes.

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 pm

View Original Postalexyoshi wrote:Did you guys know that some tracks like "The anthem" or "The wrath of God in all it's fury" are remakes from an other anime of Anno, Nadia The secret of blue water ?

Check for yourself

I didn't hear "wrath of god" in that. At what time did it come in?

tomtom92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tomtom92 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm

@Ramiel² Gods Message in that video starts at 2:29 when the ship gets its ass kicked into the eiffel tower and almost gets wiped by a lazer beam

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm

View Original Posttomtom92 wrote:@Ramiel² Gods Message in that video starts at 2:29 when the ship gets its ass kicked into the eiffel tower and almost gets wiped by a lazer beam

Oh wow, totally missed that one thanks for that!

tomtom92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tomtom92 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

@Ramiel² np......also am i the only one who stalks these eva forums everyday xD need to see Evangelion 3.0 movie now :asuka_geh: I've must've listned to the soundtrack for 5+hours already =P

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

I'd always assumed English must not have been Mike Wyzgowski's first language since the language is often awkward in his songs, but... I guess the mistakes he makes are mistakes hobbyist lyricists of dubious language proficiency might make. They just normally don't get to write songs for major films... the exception, I guess, being when the people responsible for those films don't understand the lyrics.

Then again, "Born evil giant sinner human spirit lies"... It's hard for me to imagine someone who's spoken English his whole life writing that, even if it's broken up with proper punctuation.
Last edited by NAveryW on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Has anyone found where to buy the CD online for less than $75 (which is the cheapest I've found on eBay)?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I just bought it from Japan for barely half that including postage to the UK.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:34 pm

View Original Posttomtom92 wrote:@Ramiel² np......also am i the only one who stalks these eva forums everyday xD need to see Evangelion 3.0 movie now :asuka_geh: I've must've listned to the soundtrack for 5+hours already =P

Gotta admit im browsing the forums more than usual, too the last days :)

Gotta enjoy that time though, those moments of discussion , spoiler sniffing and fanwanking all together are really fun, for me atleast :)

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Too bad we won't have the opportunity to watch this movie until after the world has ended.

So 2.0 uses music from Kare Kano, 3.0 uses music from Nadia, and if they intend to stick with the pattern, the final movie should feature musical cameos from some other anime which we might be able to predict. I thought Gunbuster at first, but Shiro Sagisu was not involved with that show so it's not very likely. Are there any projects that Anno and Sagisu have collaborated on that haven't been covered in the films yet?

Wirru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wirru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

View Original PostRodeo wrote:Too bad we won't have the opportunity to watch this movie until after the world has ended.

So 2.0 uses music from Kare Kano, 3.0 uses music from Nadia, and if they intend to stick with the pattern, the final movie should feature musical cameos from some other anime which we might be able to predict. I thought Gunbuster at first, but Shiro Sagisu was not involved with that show so it's not very likely. Are there any projects that Anno and Sagisu have collaborated on that haven't been covered in the films yet?

Well... Of the top of my head, Sagisu writes music for Bleach... (Oh god please don't.)
When there is a Wirru, There is a Way.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:46 pm

View Original PostWirru wrote:Well... Of the top of my head, Sagisu writes music for Bleach... (Oh god please don't.)

Mother of.... :derp:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm

View Original PostRodeo wrote:I thought Gunbuster at first, but Shiro Sagisu was not involved with that show so it's not very likely.

He's not allergic to doing arrangements: cf. the various instrumental versions of Zankoku and Fly Me. It would just be a matter of securing the permissions, yes?

for real  SPOILER: Show
Geez, I'm already having visions of Eva-01's return to proper Eva duties being accompanied by a bombastic choral version of "Gunbuster (M-20)", and Yui will have her arms boldly crossed in front of her chest and legs set slightly apart and everything... Damn you, Rodeo!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Wirru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wirru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Reichu:
God if he does do Gunbuster arrangements... my childhood would be ressurected and complete

SPOILER: Show
I am imagining a a final decisive Shinji determination scene with Noriko's theme, or a happy/bittersweet ending with Toki no Kawa wo Koete......oh god yes....

^ because oh god a full Sagisu orchestra + choir rendition of either of those tracks would melt my heart beyond repair. #*()@#*@()
When there is a Wirru, There is a Way.

Josephvb10
Embryo

The song you have been waiting

•      
  •      

Postby Josephvb10 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Here is the new "In the next episode" song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwyq8M5UTDU

Lyrics (the ones at the bottom right):
SPOILER: Show

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”