Evangelion 3.0 out November 17

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 am

It looks like a combination of Arael and Armisael to me

Even better which means....

The 12th angel will be a 100% unique entity on it's own. :gasp:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Motoro
Embryo

Postby Motoro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 am

Finally for god sake we get wn official release date. Now on to keep waiting for a higher quality footage

I'm so happy :)
Que asco!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am

One day after my 23rd birthday, sweet!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:02 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:^I wonder if their going to do a variant of the mind rape scene?
Since apparently 3.0 is much grimmer and darker I'd say that's a definite. I have a feeling this is going to combine Asuka's mindrape in episode 22 with the MP Eva fight.

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Even better which means....

The 12th angel will be a 100% unique entity on it's own. :gasp:
Or just Kaworu. I have a feeling that this or Final will be Seele Vs NERV mostly, with Kaworu leading Seele and (judging by 3.0 trailers and considering EoE) Asuka leading Seele.

Actually, does anyone else think that the blue tendrily thing is whatever became of Shinji Rei and Unit 01? It makes me wonder if ShinYuRei will be the antagonist. It fits since Shinji has thoroughly rejected reality and so ShinYuRei wanting to destroy the reality that threatens his bubble world would fit. Plus it was very blue like Shinji and Rei in the end of 2.0.

Plus making Shinji the antagonist would be AMAZING.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:06 am

No, Tabris would most likely be angel number 13. If he is twelve then 13 will be said ultra new guy.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:No, Tabris would most likely be angel number 13. If he is twelve then 13 will be said ultra new guy.
In that case I mixed up my numbers, disregard me being stupid.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 am

I'm pretty excited right now. To the point where I'm trying to stop myself going to Japan to see this film in November.

I need to calm down. Only Evangelion gets my this excited.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 am

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Since apparently 3.0 is much grimmer and darker I'd say that's a definite. I have a feeling this is going to combine Asuka's mindrape in episode 22 with the MP Eva fight.

Actually, does anyone else think that the blue tendrily thing is whatever became of Shinji Rei and Unit 01? It makes me wonder if ShinYuRei will be the antagonist. It fits since Shinji has thoroughly rejected reality and so ShinYuRei wanting to destroy the reality that threatens his bubble world would fit. Plus it was very blue like Shinji and Rei in the end of 2.0.

Plus making Shinji the antagonist would be AMAZING.

If that's true Than Asuka is in for a hell of a fight. :asuka_sad:

The whole ShinjixReixYui antagonist angle would pretty good considering Shinji rejected the outside world in the last film.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Cman107
Embryo

Postby Cman107 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I lost it when one guy in the audience exclaimed "Omedetou!"

:lol:

Haha, me too!

soundwaveCA
Embryo

Postby soundwaveCA » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 am

Finally! :D

Now to start making travel arrangements :D

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 am

Super Neko Tsundere Space Pirate Asuka. Lots and lots of it. Cant make anything else else out really, but give it time...

Re: mind-rape scene - I still maintain that there will be an equivalent scene, but this time around Asuka wins and psychologically kicks the Angel in the tits.

That and shes going to be fending off Mari's advances.

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Knuckles » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:16 am

that guy that yelled omedetou LOLOL
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 am

http://ticket.evangelion.co.jp/
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

tomfrom994
Adam

Postby tomfrom994 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:22 am

You know something? Yesterday, as I was in my ever intensifying excitement for this supposed trailer, I realized something that started to bother me. I realized that, in the end, the substance in what I was ever so eager to see wouldn't be so substantial after a while. It's like this, how many times have we seen the 10 seconds of unfinished footage from the end of 2.02’? And, while it was exciting to see something from it, I don't think that it didn't cross our minds that, sooner or later, we would get sick of watching the same 10 seconds over and over again. As I pondered this, I started to develop a migraine; I thought more about how we should've and could've gotten details on what took them so long to get to making this movie. And waking up to find that only a 30-second trailer was released disappointed me immensely.

Then I watched the trailer. I started cumming all over the place.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am

Video quality of cams of projections on a non-screen surface are utter shit but nice to have a date. I hope a local film festival gets it nice and soon.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Here it is in 1080p and much clearer.

Asuka's suit looks like someone took a million pairs of scissors to it. If all those cuts are cuts in her skin then she must be in a LOT of pain. That thing she had on her back in the other preview appears to be a gun. The tendrils seem to be coming from something that I'm making a mad guess at being Unit 08 suspended upside down.

Anyone else noticing anything? I still don't know what the big red shape is.

EDIT: Holy shit. Are those things that are flying passed that red shape....Soul crosses like the ones in EoE?
....Is the preview taking place during Instrumentality?

Also does anyone else think the thing the two tendrils are coming out of is Unit 08?

At the moment I think Unit 08 - containing the souls of Rei and Shinji in the two entry plugs it has - is in the middle of going God mode and causing Human Instrumentality whilst Asuka tries desperately to stop it from happening, but seems to be very much losing the fight.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm sure one of us will do a shot-by-shot analysis shortly...

Not sure on the red circle thing at the beginning of the 3.0 segment. There's scenes of AT fields being displayed while they're fighting. Clearly they're in Earth orbit, as you can see red-colored oceans and continents below.

The big blue thing with tentacles looks like an Angel and not like whatever the heck Unit 01 becomes, as some were suggesting. Also, there were two triangle-shaped objects that look like spaceships, and in the last few seconds it looked like Unit 02 was riding one of these.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:37 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:
At the moment I think Unit 08 - containing the souls of Rei and Shinji in the two entry plugs it has - is in the middle of going God mode and causing Human Instrumentality whilst Asuka tries desperately to stop it from happening, but seems to be very much losing the fight.

The red thing maybe a launching apparatus.

So in that case the new angle is protecting unit 08, makes me wonder how she got in space in the first place.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Calling Anno to thank him for the birthday present.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Holy shit, a release date.

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:EDIT: Holy shit. Are those things that are flying passed that red shape....Soul crosses like the ones in EoE?
....Is the preview taking place during Instrumentality?

If by "red shape" you are referring to this:

To me, that looks like a transparent, core-like object with a vaguely humanoid, dark shape within it.

Maybe that's what they managed to salvage out of Unit-01. Maybe Shinji is in this preview after all. Or Rei. Or both!

On a second look, it also reminds me of Asuka's helmet, but if that is so, it's a weird angle, and there seems to be no cat ears... maybe there is yet hope for a modicum of class in these films?

EDIT:
Fixed a spelling error.
Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”