Asuka's reaction to Mari in 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm

View Original PostNonoriri wrote:As if they'll even meet.

Sounds good to me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 am

The love triangle will become a love square.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:36 am

View Original PostAllemann wrote:The love triangle will become a love square.

Pentagon. There's Kaworu, too.

I hope that the next movie will take itself more seriously than 2.xx did, so there won't be a scene where Asuka goes "YOU BIG MEANIE, YOU SCREWED UP MY EVA WAAAH!!!" on Mari.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Pentagon. There's Kaworu, too.

I hope that the next movie will take itself more seriously than 2.xx did, so there won't be a scene where Asuka goes "YOU BIG MEANIE, YOU SCREWED UP MY EVA WAAAH!!!" on Mari.

I expect her to murder Mari.
OR Mari ends up with an eyepatch as well! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

mastervampire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mastervampire » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Pentagon. There's Kaworu, too.

Im thinking she will be more like

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! NEVER TOUCH MY EVA AGAIN!!!"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 am

I expect Eva Unit 02 to look just as much in a state of healing as Asuka. You know, with the "patch" or something over one of the Eva's eyes or something. (After all, it was quite banged up in the climax of 2.22.) This would visually connect the two somehow.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 am

The fact that Asuka didn't particiüpate in the finale may actually be good for her /i.e, she won't got emo about being useless, seeing as her not being there resulted in Tokyo3 being leveled.

Since Asuka takes pride in her EVA and has a certain disdain for "weird" ppl (Rei, for example) Asuka's first reaction will be to declare her her enemy at worst (They were once intended to be Rivals) and to label her a weirdo at best (Since, you know, Mari is going to greet her by sniffing at her and thus concluding that she recognizes her scent from within EVA 02...)
Mari will probably not be as passive as Rei, but neither is she as hotheaded as Asuka. I would expect some openly displayed mild annoyance.

But, this being Rebuild, they will probably make peace (or at least aquire a grudging respect for each other) by the end of Q (Perhaps with a little help from Rei).

As for Rei, her and Mari would probably make great friends. They're too weird to notice each other's weirdness/won't mind the other's ignorance of certain social conventions since neither of them knows any better, and Mari wouldn't be shy of starting a conversation... Mari already made a good first impression on her ("Thank you")

In Shinji's case, things seems to be heading up to Mari becomming some sort of distant advisor figure supplying life lessons (with or without an unrequited crush)

She might have some "u kids need to tell us adults about stuff so we can help you" scenes with Misato (They had her comment on her solitary actions - that might be a setup. Then again, Mari's interaction with the rest of the cast have been pretty sparse so far, so they could take it in almost every direction...)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 am

Those who think that Asuka will react to Mari in a way that would be Asuka-like seem to ignore the fact that she was mindraped by an Angel and mauled half to death. If those events don't bring about a serious change in her personality, in one way or another, i'm going to call foul on the writers.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Well, Asuka was mauled, yeah. I don't know if she was "mindraped", like in Episode 22 of NGE, as much as her body itself was "infested" with the Angel as it it were a disease or a parasite.

But, I agree. It should effect her in some way in the third film. How can a character go through something like that and not change? Heck, even Shinji changed after that battle, and he wasn't the one being attacked.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Those who think that Asuka will react to Mari in a way that would be Asuka-like seem to ignore the fact that she was mindraped by an Angel and mauled half to death. If those events don't bring about a serious change in her personality, in one way or another, i'm going to call foul on the writers.

actually, I hope her reactions are indeed Asuka-like, but horrifically amplified and distorted because of the shit she went through
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Well, Asuka was mauled, yeah. I don't know if she was "mindraped", like in Episode 22 of NGE, as much as her body itself was "infested" with the Angel as it it were a disease or a parasite.

The 2.xx dialogue tells us:

2.22 EGF Fansub wrote:Ritsuko: Physiologically, all traced (sic) of contamination are gone, but there is the chance the Angel infiltrated her mind. She'll have to be kept quarantined for now.

Maya: They won't neutralize her, will they?

Ritsuko: She's a priceless specimen. They wouldn't dare.

So people who think that Asuka is somehow going to be a hybrid Angel are not paying attention. At most, she'll be in a mindraped state of mind.

I'm not sure what to think of how Asuka's personality will be (but I have my speculations), although I agree she's going to be somewhat different due to her experiences.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The 2.xx dialogue tells us:

So people who think that Asuka is somehow going to be a hybrid Angel are not paying attention. At most, she'll be in a mindraped state of mind.

I'm not sure what to think of how Asuka's personality will be (but I have my speculations), although I agree she's going to be somewhat different due to her experiences.

Angel powers? That sounds pretty badass to me.
Let's just hope that there is not an angelic embryo hiding under that eyepatch.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I see Mari as being what Asuka pretends to be. You know how there was a theme in NGE about Asuka having a bunch of masks (think of the Mind-Rape Angel going through all the facades she had, with her answering "None of it's the real me!"). Sadamoto even played around with it more in the manga, where Shinji actually had to go out of his way to tell her to stop putting up these tiring acts all the time and to just be herself.

Mari's character behaves like one of those acts- the tough, fun-seeking girl. Except Asuka just did it to distract herself from her low self-esteem- while that's Mari's actual personality.

I'll also note how Mari strongly resembles Asuka's adoptive mother in the manga. I wonder if there's anything in that, despite them being different continuities. Already, Kaworu seems to have the same personality between Rebuild and the manga.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I think they will have a fight, but Mari will see Asuka as a doll. Asuka will have to deal with that insult/revelation as she gets ready to continue the war against the Angels.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Let's just hope that there is not an angelic embryo hiding under that eyepatch.

Are you sure? Somebody, somewhere on this forum, remarked that Anno might have wanted an excuse for Asuka to put her face in Rei's breasts to begin Instrumentality.

Of course, that was speculating it was specifically Adam's embryo under her eyepatch. And there is no Adam's embryo, only Nebudachanezzar's Key. What the heck is up with that, anyway?

"Take me to the place where mama is." (Smoosh.)

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 pm

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:... only Nebudachanezzar's Key. What the heck is up with that, anyway?

Well, if the sequel theory is correct, then it makes sense why they would want to replace Adam with something else- cuz presumably, Adam is already fused with Lilith in Terminal Dogma.

But other than that placeholder resolution, we'll just have to wait and see.

One funny thing though is that if the sequel theory is correct, then are there two Yui souls floating around? One in Mark-6 from NGE and one in Unit-01 from Rebuild's timeline? Things are going to get confusing if that's the case.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:17 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So people who think that Asuka is somehow going to be a hybrid Angel are not paying attention. At most, she'll be in a mindraped state of mind.

Fuck. :asuka_sad:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm not sure what to think of how Asuka's personality will be (but I have my speculations), although I agree she's going to be somewhat different due to her experiences.

I agree. I think Mari is going to part of that process of healing her psychological state. Much like she told Shinji to get over himself, she's probably going to do the same for Asuka.

I would love to see a Mari/Asuka pairing TBH. :drool: :heart: :glomp: How would things go in the bedroom, though? :devil:

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I would love to see a Mari/Asuka pairing TBH. :drool: :heart: :glomp: How would things go in the bedroom, though? :devil:

"Backdoor code: Ze Beasto!"
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:15 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:...And then they had sex.
The actual sex would be terrible though.

Asuka would complain about Mari sniffing her without doing any real intercourse.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:24 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:"Backdoor code: Ze Beasto!"

Oh boy. If Shinji was a pervert, I'd hate to imagine Mari in comparison.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”