ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Working on the mains input end of my bench power supply. I have all the components and I know exactly how I want it all connected, but I need to determine how best to build it. I'm really anal about working with mains electricity. It's really quite deadly and it can very happily deliver kilowatts of power in the event of a short.

So I'm obeying the rules of working with the mains to the tee.
    1. All live conductors are insulated and taped. No exposed mains-carrying metal.
    2. Minimum of 10mm creepage between live and neutral, at all times.
    3. Barrier strips out the ass.
    4. Fuses.
If I was just connecting it up in a Live-Switch-Fuse-Transformer-Neutral manner, it would be easy, because those parts all use flying leads, so I just screw it into the barrier strip. The problem is that I also need an class X capacitor between live and neutral after the fuse and switch. I could mount it on a board and use flying leads to connect it to the barrier strip, but I was hoping for a less rigged solution. I need the capacitor to help smooth out the AC and deal with spikes in voltage (it works in tandem with a common-mode choke to filter the mains a bit).
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:10 am

The Zombie Short Film Battle is up online right now.

The big festival screening on the weekend went amazingly, with every award on offer won by the Short Film Battle films (unfortunately my film didn't win anything). It was a great night, and we all had a great after party back at my place watching the behind the scenes and playing Jenga and drinking quite a bit.

So here it is, and all the films to come out of it.

The Zombie Short Film Multi Battle

My film is called ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 pm

A fictional map of Earth in the future.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:45 pm

We need to write a skit for my Japanese class. My partner and I have decided on two scenarios. We need to have costumes and props.

1) Mad Scientist walks into store to purchase parts for a robot. Shopkeep and Mad Scientist discuss what MS is looking for in a robot, etc...

2) Fat, perverted, American scum-of-the-earth weeaboo walks into the store to buy a doll (Nendoroid, most likely) and proceeds to hit on the shopkeep (partner is a girl) in the cheesiest way possible. Shopkeep ends up pulling a gun on the weeaboo.

I have the props for both scenarios.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:55 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:We need to write a skit for my Japanese class. My partner and I have decided on two scenarios. We need to have costumes and props.

1) Mad Scientist walks into store to purchase parts for a robot. Shopkeep and Mad Scientist discuss what MS is looking for in a robot, etc...

2) Fat, perverted, American scum-of-the-earth weeaboo walks into the store to buy a doll (Nendoroid, most likely) and proceeds to hit on the shopkeep (partner is a girl) in the cheesiest way possible. Shopkeep ends up pulling a gun on the weeaboo.

What about

Fat, perverted, American mad scientist weeaboo walks into store to purchase parts for a gynoid, talks to male shopkeep, who goes to get a female who would know more about robutts and he mad scientist hits on female shopkeep in cheesiest way possible, and she pulls a gun on him.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:2) Fat, perverted, American scum-of-the-earth weeaboo walks into the store to buy a doll (Nendoroid, most likely) and proceeds to hit on the shopkeep (partner is a girl) in the cheesiest way possible. Shopkeep ends up pulling a gun on the weeaboo.

I like this one-- seems to fit you perfectly. :tongue:

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Still working on my Nanowrimo novel but I'm way behind. I think I can get half-way (25,000 words) by the end of the month and maybe still figure out how to pace it. Of all things, now its turning into "Gunbuster" :lol:

(I'm still afraid to show anybody, though. it sucks :hahaha: )
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I like this one-- seems to fit you perfectly. :tongue:

I always assumed Cat was some skinny dude.

Mad scientist seems way more fitting, and more potential for humor.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:17 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I always assumed Cat was some skinny dude.
I am skinny, but I probably could have worn some extra layers and baggy clothing to look heavier.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:37 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:We need to write a skit for my Japanese class. My partner and I have decided on two scenarios. We need to have costumes and props.

I suggest Donut's scenario. The lel will be top.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:18 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I always assumed Cat was some skinny dude.

Mad scientist seems way more fitting, and more potential for humor.

If you're skinny enough, then you could go full EL PSY CONGROO.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 am

I'm working on an album, that's not really an album, or an EP. It will be release under the "band" name, Dick Dangercock, and will be titled "Something Magical". The songs are going to be about characters and jokes created in the EGF chat, like, The Grinder, Sphincter Squirrel and others. I would describe its sound as, a bunch of campfire songs that slowly get heavier and crazier. Some songs with sampled voices in place of vocals, some straight up acoustic songs, some straight up heavier songs and one that goes from a happy campfire song, to a fast paced death/thrash song. So it's a real mixed bag, which is something I've wanted to do, but never on a serious record, because it would feel less focused, and that would detract from it quite a bit, but with this I can fuck around without caring how confused it sounds, because it's meant to be that way. This is a more comedic project compared to the other one I'm working on, which is a more serious death metal album, with lyrics inspired by horror movies, Satanism and life in general.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

Find the means to print it on vinyl and I will buy this album.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Find the means to print it on vinyl and I will buy this album.

I have plans for it to be lathe cut on bulletproof glass, which would be able to play on a record player just like any other vinyl record. It'll come with all the standard stuff, like an insert, slip cover and lyrics, most likely on the insert.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:18 pm

I have literally spent all of my free-time for the past four days researching all sorts of IT sites to figure out what sort of build I should put together for the first PC that I am going to build from scratch. I have experience of building PCs with other people and I have fiddled around with a few others in the past, but I've never done one all the way from selecting and ordering the parts. I'm going to start a thread to ask for EGF's input once I have a grasp of the basics and know what sort of parts I want.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Its kind of stupid but I've been semi-seriously working on a parody of the Wings song "Jet" ([url]http://youtu.be/M8V1nFCP058[/url]) to be about Rei (or Yui. They both fit with the meter of the song plus they're both kinda the same person anyway)

Here's what I've got so far:

And Rei
    I thought the Lance of Longinus
    was on the moon
    Rei!

Pitiful, isn't it? :rolleyes: It would be better if I had the lyrics sheet so I could see how many Evangelion references I can stuff in it. Still, if I made the song about Rei, it would make MORE sense than the original :lol:

Also if I had the tools, I wanted to do a mashup of "Junior's Farm" ([url]http://youtu.be/JsGlwKP9U6c[/url]) and "Cruel Angel's Thesis" but I've never done that so...yeah.
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:03 am

Here's what I've been doing over the past few very busy weeks. ART STUFF. Plus more!

CHECK IT OUT
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

I bought some chips to build something that will probably put every audiophile on this forum in tears.

I'm building a Class-D amplifier. :mwahaha:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:53 pm

It can be done properly, and only fanatics will complain.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:45 pm

It's been awhile since I wrote any text based short stories. I wrote this little spinoff story to parasite galaxy detailing some of the background of the villain known as Tempura Panda. For those who never read the comic Tempura Panda is a sort of urban legend in the pg universe that hates humans and will spirit away anyone who comes into his terretory, usually doing very unpleasant things to them later such as cooking them into human tempura. He was not always a monster though, and he didn't become one because he wanted to. When I initially concieved his origin I thought of how it would be if a cute cuddly character such as wicket the ewok or Gizmo the mogwai were to turn evil and actually become a really threatening creature.This story is about Tempura Panda before he became the psychotic monster we see in Parasite galaxy the comic. It details some of the events that happen before he was reborn into the creature he is today and the beginning of some of the worries that will later cause him to descend into madness when "shit goes south" for him so to speak. If you haven't read the comic some parts of this may not make sense but here it is anyway. So let me know what you think if you have time to read it.

The Fall of Tempura Panda

Prologue

35 Days prior to the destruction of old earth.

Dusk was setting in as the red sun reflected through the shady trees , Shinna a young girl of designer human blood heralding from the workers caste of the magical communist union often spent her free time playing in the woods outside her house. The workers caste was the second lowest rung on the social ladder in the union, right above the orcs, the untouchable caste. The workers caste was the caste regular humans held. The homosapiens as the 20th and 21st century knew them no longer existed for the most part. The humans of this era were bred and adjusted for several purposes by the Magical girls, the demigods who oversaw the progress of the union.

The Magical Communist Union was often criticized by those who were in a position to do so as being authoritarian and ruthless against those who opposed them. That being said the trains ran on time, crime was very low and environmental problems had been solved long ago. Little Shinna didn't care about the socio-political struggles of humanity under the thumb of the tyrannical government of the magical communist Union. She didn't care about the resistance, or the orcs who were often treated worse then animals. Those concerns weren't a part of her life as she like the majority of humanity was bred as a servile class that in most cases did not possess the instinct to rebel against their masters or question their decisions. If she were allowed to grow up, her childish innocence would have slowly been ground away as she would have been stuck in a roll chosen by the supercomputer known as “Harvester”.

Today none of that mattered though. Shinna may have seemed a run of the mill girl, but she had a secret only she knew. Due to her mothers job, Shinna often traveled, she never had a chance to make long lasting friends. That was until one day, she literally did make one.

It had been a day that started like any other. Shinna had moved into yet another new town, and here she wandered at it's outskirts trying to occupy herself. It was on this day her life changed as she came across a small mysterious animal. It resembled a teddy bear covered from head to toe in fried tempura batter causing it's fur to become matted and hard. Rather then cracking or peeling like one would expect Tempura batter to do however it was elastic and even healed , it almost seemed like a thick second layer of skin on the little animal. Most striking of all was it's ethereal blue glowing eyes. Anyone else may have been frightened by this animals sudden appearance as it seemed to come out of a puddle as if it were a swimming pool. Shinna however was not as she took the animal in as her new pet. Shinna did not know this animal was her creation, how she created it, why it appeared that day and many other questions that were never even asked by her much less answered.

The little animal she came to call Tempura Panda was no normal creature. He could float as if he were a balloon. He had human level intelligence and soon learned to talk in record time, learning much faster then a human baby would have been able to. But strangest of all he could not be seen by any adults. Occasionally another child could glimpse him, but regardless no adults ever believed in the creatures existence. Shinna had only tried to tell her mother once the day she found him. Her mother unable to sense him believed the animal to be a harmless imaginary friend Shinna had made up. Just to be on the safe side she warned Shinna not to play pretend around other adults. While she saw it as harmless imagination others may see it as a mental glitch in her programming and as a result she could be taken away for rewiring or worse purged. Taking her advice to heart Shinna was careful from that point on never to visibly interact with her secret friend in front of adults.

Shinna sat on a fallen tree as she waited. For the past several hours she had been participating in the mandatory education program of the MCU known as “The Program”. She had left Tempura Panda at home due to the fact that it could be bad if she interacted with him in class.

About half an hour earlier

Normally Tempura Panda disliked being left alone by Shinna. Neither really liked being separated from the other, but he seemed to dislike it much more then she did. Though one really couldn't blame him as she was really the only person he could interact with. Right now however he didn't mind being alone so much. The other night he and Shinna had watched a documentary about bears. Up until now he had felt like a small scared animal in a big unfamiliar world. But that documentary had taught him what he was, it had made it very clear that bears were powerful animals worthy of fear and respect! He was a bear, a ferocious bear that could probably kill a man with a single swipe of his mighty paw!

He had spent the entire day away from Shinna “image training” in front of the bathroom mirror practicing ferocious poses and terrifying growls and roars. “Grrraaawwlll!” he made a couple swiping motions with his paws at the mirror while baring his teeth. “Wow that was pretty good...but I need to make sure I'm doing it right. I need to show someone how scary a bear I am!” he didn't want to scare Shinna, besides she wasn't even around right now. Most humans couldn't see him which was a problem, but then he remembered Fliskers the house cat.

During the first week he had come to live with Shinna he had tried to play with the house cat and had been cut by the animals claws when he annoyed him too much. He shamefully remembered how he had cried from the pain inflicted by the cat. He hadn't even known how to speak very many words back then, he'd just been a baby mentally. But bears shouldn't cry, bears were ferocious and brave. He was a ferocious bear and he would put Fliskers in his place today. Jumping down from the sink he slowly hovered down to the ground before landing on his stubby legs and wobbling over to the door before peeking around it to see the large gray house cat sleeping under a table in the other room. He grinned in anticipation, this was it, he'd win back his pride of being a bear by scaring away that horrid beast that had hurt him.

He crawled up to Fliskers, slowly and stealthily like a mighty predator stalking its helpless prey. When he got within a few feet of the animal he stopped. He then began to growl baring his teeth at the cat while pawing at the air in what he thought was a motion that made him look fierce and intimidating. The lazy cat slowly opened his eyes and saw Tempura Panda growling and pawing at the air in front of him. For a moment Fliskers just looked at him without doing anything. If looks could talk, the look on Fliskers face right now would probably have said “Is this guy fucking serious?”

Fliskers seemed to briefly consider his options. The last time this weird animal had bothered him he clawed his face. He remembered that after he had done that it made a really unpleasant sound and then that human girl came in and got all upset at him. It was too much trouble to deal with. Giving an annoyed “Mraaaoow!” Fliskers slowly got up and ambled away from the ferocious bear so he could go sleep in peace somewhere else.

Tempura Panda stopped growling and pawing the air as he watched the cat leave. “I...I did it! I scared him away! I'm so ferocious! I'm so strong and powerful! Shinna will be so proud of me!” He then glanced at the clock, it was almost time to go meet her to play in the woods. “Alright! I can't wait to tell her how scary I am!”

A bit later in the woods:

“Shinnnnaaa!” she heard his excited voice call out as he belly flopped from the tree branches above her landing on her head. “So how was the program today? Learn anything fun?” he asked her with his usual enthusiasm.

“Naw, just the usual boring stuff. Anyway it'll be a couple hours before dinner. Any ideas for what we could do til then?”

“I dunno about that, but guess what I did today! I scared Fliskers! I'm a scary ferocious bear like the ones we saw last night!”

“T-P you shouldn't do that , what if he hurt you again? It's not nice to bother cats like that.”

“He wouldn't dare, I'm too strong for some sorry cat to hurt!” he said puffing up with pride.

“That's not what I remember.” Shinna admonished as he seemed to turn his head away in slight embarrassment.

“W-Well I'm much older and stronger now. I'm a bear you know...bears are stronger then cats!”

The two of them began head into the woods, Tempura Panda floating along next to Shinna as he bobbled through the air. “You need to work on your flying some more, you'll crash into a tree again. Maybe you should just walk.”

“I'm good at flying! Someday I'll be as fast as an ion ship! I won't cra—waaahh!” he narrowly missed bumping into a bush much to Shinnas amusement as she laughed.

As she followed him the two of them moved deeper into the woods until they came across something Shinna had not seen before. Something extremely unexpected, a person stood in the midst of the woods as if waiting for something, but not just any person. Standing in the midst of a clearing was none other then what was clearly a magical girl! She was dressed in an outfit that seemed to have aspects of greco-roman armor, she also sported a short skirt which seemed to be composed of a similar metallic sort of material as the rest of her outfit. On her back she seemed to have a small robotic man strapped to her who looked like the stereotypical little green man from mar sporting a ray gun in one robotic hand. Atop her head was a long flaming fiery tail of hair emerging from her helmet.“Oh my gosh...is that...is that a magical girl?” Shinna said in a hushed tone as the two of them watched from the bushes. She then remembered an image she had seen during one of the history lessons in the program. That wasn't just any magical girl, that was Martian Assassin, one of the heliocentric Assassins, the ruling class of the magical communist union. “Th-That's Martian Assassin! Why in the world is she here?”

“Maybe she also likes to play in the woods?” Tempura Panda innocently suggested. Martian Assassin slowly turned in their direction but she did not see them. Her eyes shown like two fiery embers. Of the members of the tightly knit clandestine order known as the Heliocentric Assassins, Martian Assassin was one of the most feared. She was as ruthless and terrifying as her appearance suggested. Even in the white washed history lessons of the union, it was known that she was not someone to be trifled with.

To her right was a huge hulking brute of a creature shaped like a human but with some distinct differences, it had greenish gray skin, fangs and pointy ears with glaring yellow eyes. Several more of these creatures emerged from the bushes as they all stopped in front of the magical girl. All of them were dressed in combat armor with state of the art detection equipment and weapons. “None of you found it? You animals are useless, we cannot allow the prisoner to escape. If word gets out to the black hole kingdom that we were keeping a failed clone of their empress another war could break out! All of you fan out and look for it again, you will comb this forest until you find it or I will personally kill one of you each time you report back to me empty handed is that understood?”

“I-I'm terribly sorry my lady! But it's gone! We've been combing this forest for hours and we haven't found it!” Martian Assassin without saying another word drew her flaming sword and decapitated the orc on the spot. If she had been paying attention she may have heard a small squeak from the bushes. Tempura Panda had placed his paw over Shinnas mouth.

“Does anyone else have any complaints?” The orcs all shook their heads. “Then obey my orders and find the prisoner! That thing is an imperfect clone of Empress Blackstar herself! It must be eliminated!”

“Shinna....I'm scared...we should leave! That ladies dangerous! This is dangerous!” he could feel Shinnas heart beating very fast in her little chest she the girl struggled not to scream at the sight of the orcs severed head on the ground. He was also having trouble keeping quiet himself for a moment he tried to convince himself he could handle things, this train of thought did not last long “Your a bear, a big strong ferocious bear, you can't be scared! No this is scary, we need to leave! We need to leave or we could be next”. Inside he began to panic, neither he nor Shinna had ever come close to looking death in the face before and now that they saw it, it was ugly. But what scared him more then losing his own life to this warrior was losing Shinna, he had no one else and he couldn't bare to think of seeing her severed head on the ground like that orcs. Doing his best to stifle his own panic, he grabbed her arm with his little paws as he tugged her with all his might and slowly Shinna stumbled away from the disturbing scene following him back down the hill behind the bushes.

After walking for a bit in stunned silence Shinna stammered out “W-Were not in danger...th-that was just an orc...she wouldn't k-kill a human...Orcs...Orcs are expendable...th-their manufactured like robots...yeah s-she wouldn't harm us. I-If an orcs not performing it's task right, it's only natural for her to k-kill it...” Shinna said as she seemed like in her attempts to justify Martian Assassins actions she was simply trying to make herself feel less scared of the malevolent warrior they had seen.

The little bears eyes were still wide with fear “A-Are you sure? She seemed pretty mean...I've never seen a head detached like that...Shinna, what if she tries to detach my head? I like my head where it's at, I don't want to be detached Shinna! Don't let her detach me!” He said in a panic as he wrapped his arms around her shivering with fear. “I don't want your head detached either...we...we need to go! We need to go far away from here! It's dangerous! We need to go home! We need to go!”

“Shhhh...it's alright. Your not an orc so she wouldn't do that to you. She probably can't see you either. She certainly wouldn't harm a little girl either!” Shinna said as she pet his head.

“I-I hope not...what do you think she is looking for?”

“I missed most of what she said but she mentioned the Blackhole Kingdom. The Blackhole Kingdom is made of creatures that look sort of like weird black pony monsters, they have really sharp fangs and like to eat people. The Magical Communist Union used to be at war with them for awhile, but there was a peace treaty five years ago.” Shinna explained having calmed down in remarkable time from the site she saw, whether it was from the programming in the genetic alterations or if she had simply fooled herself into thinking the scene she saw was less horrific then it was. Shinna was now able to explain things somewhat calmly.

“Wait...monsters that eat people?” Tempura Panda said , a tinge of fear coming into his voice. He could see on Shinnas face, the dawning realization that something terrible could be on the loose and that they could end up being in its path. Steeling his own emotions Tempura Panda grabbed her hand again. “D-Don't worry Shinna. No space monsters will eat you because I'm here to protect you. I'm a very ferocious bear and if that monster comes I'll beat it up! I won't let it hurt you! I scared away Fliskers! I'm strong!” he pawed at the air a couple times and made some growling noises.

“Thanks T-P, but I think we should leave this to Martian Assassin, lets just go home and try to forget abou-” before she could finish her sentence one of the orcs from earlier emerged from the bushes blocking her path.

“This has been designated a restricted area little girl. What are you doing here?” the orc asked her.

She seemed to panic under his gaze for a moment until she said the wrong thing “I-I don't need to tell an orc anything! I'm just going for a walk.”

“On the contrary I think you do need to tell me everything. I'm am under the direct supervision of Martian Assassin on a class-A mission. Even if I am an orc, all citizens must comply with my authority on this matter, even if you were a magical girl this would not change human! That's right...I'm in charge here. Now then little girl, why are you here? Did you see anything unusual? This operation is a top secret military matter and we can't have any possible leaks.” He said as he lowered his rifle aiming at Shinnas face.

“Grrrrr...I'm a ferocious bear! And no one points a gun at Shinna! GRRRRR!” Tempura Panda growled at the orc attempting to demonstrate that he could put his money where his mouth was. He swiped the air a couple times with his paw.

Shinna glanced at her friend “What are you doing? Stop growling at him!” Shinna said under her breath but still very noticeably

The orc merely raised an eyebrow as it appeared to him the little girl was having a conversation with nothing. Was she defective? Well that would be an issue the authorities could sort out after she was interrogated.

“I won't let him hurt you Shinna! Run away, I'll stop him!” He tensed up his body getting on all fours, making more swiping motions with his front paw as he got between Shinna and the baffled looking orc. “I'll tear you apart with my claws!” in reality his stubby little claws probably wouldn't have even been able to harm Fliskers much less this orc, but this thought never occurred to him, after all he was a powerful bear, his claws could rip this monster apart if he got too close!

“Stop it! You can't do anything!” Shinna shouted no longer trying to make pretenses that her friend wasn't there.

“I can! I'm a ferocious bear! I can protect you!” he stubbornly insisted.

“That's it, I'm taking you in for questioning!” The orc began to move towards them, the little bear tensed to try to spring at him. But before the situation could escalate any further something sprung from the bushes like lighting, a shadow moving like the scythe of death itself as it sprung upon the orc. The orc could only let out a short scream before the sound of snapping vertebrae filled the air. Standing before Shinna was the terrifying visage of Empress Blackstar of the Blackhole Kingdom the only galactic rival of the magical communist union. This creature if MCU propaganda was to be believed was the equivalent of the cosmic devil, an unspeakable evil that little Shinna and Tempura Panda never imagined they would ever encounter! Her long ethereal mane glowing like fire in the wind moved like the tendrils of an anemone in the sea. Her massive razor sharp curving fangs clutched the orcs cranium in her mouth. Atop her head was a shimmering glow of a curved horn, on her back were two glistening batlike wings. With a little pressure the skull burst open spilling its brains falling onto the ground. Had Shinna not been utterly and completely terrified into a state of shock she may have noticed, this monstrous pony had three glowing red eyes instead of two as she had seen in the photo of the empress she saw during the program. Also one of its wings was smaller then the other and Blackstars horn was straight, not curved like this ones. But as it was all she could do was to open her mouth to emit a silent scream that just couldn't seem to escape.

Tempura Panda sat up quickly coming to his senses, the orc had been slain but now an infinitely greater terror was standing before him. A horror from the depths of space that threatened the life of his one and only friend, no his only family. He couldn't let this monster take her away from him.

“Y-You! Back off!” he shouted as he came between them, the monstrous pony actually seemed to hear him as it turned to look at him. “You leave her alone! If you don't I'll beat you up! I'm a bear, a ferocious bear and you'd better run if you know what's good for you! I'll maul you! GRRRR!” he growled , pawing at the air attempting to make himself seem threatening to the monster. The site of the little animal attempting to intimidate the monster under other circumstances may have seemed cute or comical. But there was nothing funny about this life or death situation, Shinna knew that unless something drastic happened they would both die here and now!

The beast took a single step towards him, he tensed his little body preparing to leap at the monster. “T-P STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Shinna screamed as she was shaken from the state of shock by the actions of her little friend. The beast turned to look at her , but before it could move on her Tempura Panda scampered and leapt at the monsters front ankle biting it. The beasts flesh was so tough it felt like he was trying to bite an iron rod. The monster didn't even seem to register pain from his attack as it lifted its front leg into the air to examine the squirming little animal attempting to bite and claw at its steely hide. He flailed his little paws about attempting to smack the creature as it lowered it's face to look at him. Then with a single growl the monster opened its massive mouth revealing several rows of fangs before biting into him! Tempura Panda could only let out a scream of pain and fear as he felt the monsters fangs go through his tempura, cut past his fur, skin and dig into his flesh. As the beast shook him about like a rag doll . He could barely make out Shinna in his haze of disorientation and pain, with tears in her eyes screaming and running towards him.

“No...don't come here! Run away! Shinna what are you doing? Run away!” He attempted to shout but in the haze of pain half his words didn't come out coherently. In the past the only injuries he had ever received were little cuts and bruises, childish injuries he would cry over. The pain he was now experiencing was on a whole different level. But if it meant he could keep Shinna safe he would endure it, however it seemed it would be for nothing as his friend was dashing back towards the monster in a foolish attempt to air him. The beast chucked him aside as it saw Shinna , it was about to lunge at her. But before it could it suddenly collapsed, it's two front legs had been removed from it's body. A fiery whip , moving almost to fast for the eye to see retracted to Martian Assassins hand.

“Oh, this cheap knockoff can't even grow it's legs back like the original What a worthless piece of trash.” She stated before transforming her fire whip into a sword and beheading the injured monster with a single stroke. “Well it seems your a very lucky little girl. Thanks to you I caught our little friend. But I can't have any witnesses, nothing personal.” she said as she raised her sword.

Shinna could only watch as she raised her weapon with wide scared eyes. Martian Assassin wouldn't kill her?She was human, she hadn't done anything! This couldn't be happening! She was going to die without even knowing why!

“Sh-Shinna....no...” Tempura Panda wheezed out as he struggled to get to his feet. His body burned in pain, but he had to move. “A bear...I'm ferocious...bear...stop...don't hurt...Shinna...”

But before her blade could fall another girl appeared, this one dressed in a silvery short skirt and gleaming metallic skin, a single bolt seemed to be protruding from her forehead “Jeez, all you have to do is wipe her memory. You don't have to decapitate everyone who rubs you the wrong way. Here I'll do it for you.” She lowered her hand and a single needle shot from her finger entering the forehead of the stunned Shinna who seemed to spasm for a moment before going limp. “There, I'll just give her memories of getting lost in the woods and falling out of a tree or something. No harm done, and no decapitations”

“Fucking Mercury, always spoiling my fun.” Martian Assassin grumbled to herself as she walked off.

Several more orcs emerged from the bushes as the second magical girl turned to them. “We took care of the clone. I'm going to need you guys to clean this up before this little girl wakes up. Her memories have been modified but it wouldn't do to have this monsters corpse here when she comes to.”

It didn't take long as the orcs took away the body and dispersed nanites that even got rid of any traces of blood leaving Shinna and Tempura Panda alone in the woods. His body was wracked in pain, all he could do was crawl towards his friend. “Sh...Shinna...please be ok...Shinna....” he lost consciousness as he collapsed next to her. As he slept the fang wounds on his body closed as it healed with unnatural efficiency, the purplish blood on his body evaporated like ethereal ectoplasm. Another property of the strange little creature is he could heal anything short of a mortal wound fairly quickly. This was an ability even he did not know he had up until this point.

A short while later Shinnas eyes slowly opened as she heard a strange yet familiar sound nearby. It sounded similar to the sound a rabbit makes when it cries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-2EalfAyU

She knew that sound quite well, it was the sound Tempura Panda made when he cried. This time his cry sounded more desperate then the other times she heard him. She looked over to see him hunched over her body sobbing his eyes out.

“Ohhh...darn I knew I shouldn't have climbed that tree...T-P what's wrong?” Shinna said as she sat up pulling him to her.

Tempura Panda did a double take pausing from his crying. “Sh-Shinna? Your ok! *sob* I thought you were dead!” He hugged her still crying as he buried his face in her.

“You silly! I just fell out of a tree. It's not like some terrible alien was about to eat me or anything!” Shinna said caressing the crying animal.

“W-What are you talking about? There was a monster! I fought it to save you! But...But I couldn't...it was too strong...and then you died...a magical girl shot a needle into your head...”

“Really?” Shinna asked with a look of doubt on her face. “Listen T-P what I remember is us climbing into that tree and then we both fell down. I must have passed out but I think you did too, it was all a dream. Just a scary dream! Also a magical girl wouldn't kill an innocent human child.”

He looked away, guilt in his eyes “No, I tried to save you, but it was too strong. It was going to kill you...I couldn't do anything...I couldn't do anything to help you...” his body trembled slightly as tears began to flow from his eyes again. “It wasn't a dream...it was too real...much too real! It hurt...it hurt so bad when that monster bit me...it hurt so much...”

“It was a dream! Look I'm fine, your fine too! Nothing happened!” The little bear could only look at her with a baffled expression on his face.

“What? No it had to be real...it hurt so bad when it bit.....” he looked down, the wounds had all healed. “They're gone...but no it had to be real......was it a dream...it couldn't be...” he ran his paws over where the fangs had sunk into his flesh, not even a scar was there, the blood was gone too.

“It was a dream silly, lets go home and get something to eat.” She said as she gave him a pat on the head. “You don't have to worry about protecting me from monsters. I'm not going anywhere. “ she said as she gave him a hug.

“Oh...ok...w-well if there really was a monster, I would protect you. I'm a ferocious bear you know! Everyone is afraid of me! Yeah it must have been a dream because if it was real that monster wouldn't know what hit it!” He said, at least appearing to gain back a bit of his old confidence as he wiped away the tears. But even so, that monster, the indescribable pain...and worst of all the screams of Shinna, that was one nightmare he hoped he would never have again.

“Haha sure you are...anyway I am grateful that you kept the scary monsters away from me.” Shinna said as she picked him up off the ground putting him on her shoulders and walked away from what had almost been the scene of their deaths.

Later that night

Shinna lay in bed, the full moon was visible in the skylight above. Laying beside her was Tempura Panda. “Shinna...what do you think it feels like to die?” she had taught him what death was. But he hadn't given it much thought until today.

“It probably hurts a lot...” She answered absent mindedly as she stared at the moon. That seemed to be the wrong thing to say as she heard another small rabbit like cry as two small stubby arms clung to her body. “Shhh...it's ok....whats wrong? Is it that dream again? Listen there's no monsters here and I think you won't die for awhile, you only came to exist recently.”

“I don't want to die at all. But more then that I don't want you to die. What if you died? I would have nothing...I would be alone. When I imagine that...it's terrifying...more terrifying then that monster or the magical girl in my dream. I don't want to lose you. I thought I was a strong ferocious bear but I'm not! I'm useless! If something dangerous happens again you'll die and I won't be able to stop it!” he began to sob again as she pulled him to her.

“ Shhh...you don't need to be a ferocious bear. Your my cute little teddy bear, that's all you need to be. You don't need to protect me, that was a dream and nothing bad will happen. I used to be so lonely before you came, I didn't need a protector, I needed a friend and that's what you are!”

“But Shinna...someday you'll still die...I can't bare to think of it!” Shinna rubbed his head reassuringly

“You know, the God Empress Solar Assassin has a special reward for those who serve the state well. I learned about it in the program. She rules over a magical kingdom in another dimension called Togenkyo. If a human serves the union for one hundred years they will be sent there where they live eternity in happiness. The harvester hasn't assigned me a roll yet, but when it does I'm sure I'll be good at it. Then someday after I've done my part for the union I'll take you to Togenkyo with me. We can live forever there without having to worry about monsters or anything else.”

“R-Really?” Even to the naive little animal, this place sounded too good to be true. But then again, Shinna wouldn't lie to him, and she learned about this place in her class. It must be real! Maybe death wasn't anything to worry about after all Then again a lot could happen between now and Togenkyo...no don't think about that. He shook the thought from his head, in the real world there were no monsters, magical girls never hurt innocents either. That had just been a silly dream like Shinna said.. Snuggling up against his friend Tempura Panda slowly went to sleep. A day that had almost ended horribly for both of them instead slipped away into the peaceful night. However, these two young friends would soon face horrors that today's nightmare would pale in comparison. But for now at least they had a happy ending.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”