[News] News Thread - NO POLITICS or META-POLITICS

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:That's gross.
Old news, but related -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4748292.stm
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm 90% certain my extended family back there is mourning over this... :( It's somewhat tough on me even though I don't live there.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am

[url]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100407094450.htm[/url]
This is pretty big because it was thought that all animal life needed oxygen. This means that when searching for complex alien life, oxygen isn't always needed.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 pm

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Things like this make me never underestimate the capabilities of humanity to find new outlets of sexuality in this post-postmodern world.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Sun May 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I don't think they're blood related? Also, this wouldn't even be half as "Ew." if the woman was Ellen Burstyn or Helen Mirren etc.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:Ew. Ew. Ew.

The article has been removed apparently.
New link.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:New link.

:cringe:

That's the most disgusting thing I've read in ages.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun May 02, 2010 10:40 pm

As they're not risking birth defects by using all their own genetic material, I can't get too upset. Just shelve that away in the collection of sexual practices I don't have any interest in.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby WonderBug » Sun May 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Yeah...Despite any personal misgivings, there are some things to consider with that story. It seems like a pretty clear-cut case of Genetic Sexual Attraction, although it is unusual for it to be a grandparent/grandson rather than brother/sister or parent/child. Also, they are using a surrogate to create that child. Also, the power dynamic you often see with these sorts of relationships isn't there, as they weren't a part of each others lives until both were consenting adults.

That said, it's still super gross.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon May 03, 2010 12:31 am

I'm not the least bit grossed out, I actually find it rather cute. :shrug:

Okay, maybe not cute, but 'meh'.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 am

Is that "genetic sexual attraction" true or just a convenient myth?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 am

The last time this happened, it turned out to be some news agency taking The Onion at face value.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 am

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:The last time this happened, it turned out to be some news agency taking The Onion at face value.

I read a very long, detailed article a few years back about a father and daughter who actually met and courted each other before they had any clue that they were related. They ended up getting married, after they'd figured it out. Unfortunately I can't find it now.

However, the "See also" section on the Wiki page is hilarious:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Mon May 03, 2010 10:49 am

Relevant:
Ugh.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Hmm... heard the rumours today that Germany's Merkel might give a big speech this Friday where supposedly she'll announce they'll go back to the Deutsche Mark and kinda abandon the Euro. Salsa.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu May 13, 2010 5:23 am

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 13, 2010 12:46 pm

If you want to go to the Moon, better brush up your Mandarin.

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:supposedly she'll announce they'll go back to the Deutsche Mark and kinda abandon the Euro.
I'm not sure what that guy was smoking. The Germans probably want out of the Euro like the English want out of the EU -- but the Enemy Class have tied too much of their prestige to the Project and are letting the real Shock Doctrine play out in this beneficial crisis.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”