I hate that piece of....

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

I hate that piece of....

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 pm

This thread is all about what pisses you off...nots not Evangelion related of course ( no Matt Greenfield here people)

I'm going to start off with the (witch are also not included on the DVDs... :evil: )
of the DVDs Stanley Kubrick films being marked as the Stanley Kubrick Collection on their box, when it doesn't even have a box set...THATS THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE IT A FUCKING COLLCETION :evil:

Second, The Grindhouse Being Released as two different movies...WTF?!? The whole ponit of seeing the Grindhouse feature was seein both movies together with those fake commercials (witch are also not included on the DVDs... :evil: ) in between, giving the exprience you had gone back it time...when theaters like that exsited...

The final bullshit item of the day, people booing when Hilary was challaged on some issues by Obama and John Edwards...have we turned into a nation of childern where critizism is no longer allowed. no matter how vaild, because it's mudslinging... :evil:
Last edited by Themaninblack on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: I hate that piece of....

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:12 pm

Themaninblack wrote:Stanley Kubrick films being marked as the Stanley Kubrick Collection on their box, when it doesn't even have a box set...THATS THe ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE IT A FUCKING COLLCETION :evil:

I believe a box set has been announced, although it may have only been for Europe. But, it didn't include two of his movies, so as a box set it was pretty weak.

Second, The Grindhouse Being Released as two different movies...WTF?!? The whole ponit of seeing the Grindhouse feature was seein both movies together with those fake commercials (witch are also not included on the DVDs... :evil: ) in between, giving the exprience you had gone back it time...when theaters like that exsited...

You'll still get "Machete" which is good. But I kind of prefer it this way because Death Proof was garbage, and I don't care if I ever see it again. Besides, I'm sure an ultimate edition will eventually make its way to the marketplace.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 pm

BrikHaus wrote:

You'll still get "Machete" which is good. But I kind of prefer it this way because Death Proof was garbage, and I don't care if I ever see it again. Besides, I'm sure an ultimate edition will eventually make its way to the marketplace.

Don't make me rant about 'ultimate edtions' I'll keep you on here all day.
I won.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah, I feel your pain re: box sets and "special editions".

And may I add a trillion different formats now, HD-DVD, Bluray, .wav, .iff, .aiff, wma, aac, blah blah blah. :roll:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 pm

I wouldn't be so mad if Blu-Ray and HD where an actual improvement over normal DVD's. But that differnce only exists if you have an HD-TV.

(BTW I'm an idoit who bought an HD-DVD player too.)
I won.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Yeah, you know I would get a blu ray burner if there was economically a good reason to do so. But the thing is it's cheaper to buy a greater amount of dual layer dvds then 25 gigs then a single 25 gig dual layer disk, so economically speaking there's no reason for me to get one. Now I did get a dual layer burner because most dvd's that I want to copy are dual layer and I don't feel like compressing them. But regular dvds still seem to dominate the market so there as well I have no reason to get one. The only reason I can think of possibly getting one is if in the future I have too many cd's and dvd's taking up space and want to transfer everything over to save room. But that probably won't happen for awhile.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:36 pm

The only thing that bothers me about HD-DVD/Blu-Ray is that they came along just after DVD got established.

VHS was around for what seems like forever when DVD eventually replaced it, so buying new players for that medium wasn't such a big deal. It was time for a change. But having to buy new video players again to replace a medium that's only been around for a decade or so is kinda BS IMO.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm

TriLink12 wrote:The only thing that bothers me about HD-DVD/Blu-Ray is that they came along just after DVD got established.

Well, maybe not just after. I remember we got a DVD player back in 1996.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:48 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
TriLink12 wrote:The only thing that bothers me about HD-DVD/Blu-Ray is that they came along just after DVD got established.

Well, maybe not just after. I remember we got a DVD player back in 1996.

My family was dirt poor, so we didn't get one until about 2001 (I think, maybe later).
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:25 pm

I didn't get a DVD player until 2000 via a PS2.

And those were the days when people looked at you kinda funny for asking to rent a DVD at Blockbuster.

Furthermore, I will not upgrade to either HD-DVD or Bluray until I have HD, which will be sometime next year.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:31 pm

HD is really just a TV capable of doing 1080p, and, AFAIK, HDDVD and Blu-ray are just machines capable of playing in that format. Now, here's the kicker in that I'm pretty sure that most DVDs don't play in 1080p, so what you're paying for (until they do) is so these players can up-convert the signal. But in this sense, a HDDVD player (the Toshiba ones are excellent I heard) will upconvert even REGULAR DVDs. I really wonder if there's a huge difference between an upconverted DVD and a HDVD/BR picture quality.

Anyway, re-releases of anything piss me off. I buy a lot of CDs and bands are always "remastering" their catalog. The crappy part is that sometimes they're not even quality remasters but just repackaged ones. So, uhhh, yeah.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:38 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:I really wonder if there's a huge difference between an upconverted DVD and a HDVD/BR picture quality.

The quality is actually noticeable. But upconverted regular DVD does actually look better than regular DVD.
Awesomely Shitty

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 am

It's funny, the HD/Blu-Ray players noone wants are designed for HD TV-sets noone wants either. Considering the target audience, this failure is almost even more epic than the PS3.
The best thing that comes out of the whole mess is that they're selling off DVD's cheap now that there's a New Big Thing coming, so my collection thrives on the situation.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:11 pm

What pisses me off... Selecta Visión is releasing Platinum in Spain and announced that it will come with a book "to know all the secrets of Eva". First they got the license from ADV, so go figure. And second, they don't have the best record in mystery solving for Eva at least. So I'm getting ready for a whole new generation of stupidities. Oh the Dokan mag Eva special times, they sure where entertaining, although frustrating too.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Kaysow wrote:It's funny, the HD/Blu-Ray players no one wants are designed for HD TV-sets no one wants either. Considering the target audience, this failure is almost even more epic than the PS3.
The best thing that comes out of the whole mess is that they're selling off DVD's cheap now that there's a New Big Thing coming, so my collection thrives on the situation.

They sell poorly, PS3 don't sell at all
I won.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Yeah, but the PS3 is (disregarding the "multimedia-machine" bullshit) aimed only at gamers, TV is supposed to concern EVERYONE. Percentage-wise, it's probably doing about as poorly.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:15 am

1. People making a noise when they eat. Remember that bit in Lord of the Rings where all the folks are dying and the king fella is sitting there eating? That sort of noise.
2. People whose mouths or lips slap and make a noise when they speak, I can't concentrate on what they're saying, all I hear is their goddamned slapping, wet noise.
3. Folks driving slowly. Cutting in front of me and all the rest of it is fine, I'm not bothered, but if you can't drive towards the speed limit then that annoys me. Everyone should have bombs on their cars like in Speed, so when they fall below a certain speed they blow up.
4. Myst. I have no idea what that game is about.
5. I hate that spider and dragon I could never get past in The Great Giana Sisters when I still had my Amiga.
6. People who have bonfires in SUMMER. Do it during the winter when fewer folks are outside.
7. Gardening. People chopping up plants and grasses for no reason at all, and pretending it's 100% normal.
8. People who think the "illuminati" are evil or wrong in their supposed intentions.
9. Dodgy loops in time. Especially now when it's obvious people in the past were using thoughts you hadn't even thought yet and basing loads of stuff around that in the past and talking to you as-if it had already occurred.
10. Lack of proper, affordable food.
11. Badly maintained infrastructure that hasn't been updated in decades.
12. People having kids all the fucking time.
13. Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Lol, nobody wants a PS3? It's a damn fine system and runs magnificent on my 62 inch HD.

Also people who say it doesn't sell at all, though it may be behind the Xbox 360 and the Wii, it still sells; and Ken Kutaragi sleeps in beds of money.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Mundane wrote:Lol, nobody wants a PS3? It's a damn fine system and runs magnificent on my 62 inch HD.

Also people who say it doesn't sell at all, though it may be behind the Xbox 360 and the Wii, it still sells; and Ken Kutaragi sleeps in beds of money.

lol no. Its doing as bad as the gamecube is dude.
I won.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Themaninblack wrote:This thread is all about what pisses you off

Hernia's.

BECAUSE THEY MAKE-A MAH BALLZ HURT.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”